CHRIS DUHON = Main Reason why Knicks LoSe....

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Nate, Gallo, Lee, Harrington, and Chandler are good players who should be producing more wins. Jeffries defends pretty good.

The only problem is.....we got a 36-48 min point guard who has ZERO OFFENSE, and only pass to David Lee......:boohoo:

This is laughable......

Discuss furthermore.

mafra

Legend
Problem is we have no other options. Douglas isn't a PG (and he's a rookie), and N8 is only a scorer. We saw tonight what happens when you try to have N8 run the offense:

Knicks up 3 point, 90 seconds left, he runs down the court and jumps out of bounds and chucks a shot over the backboard, after 10 seconds!

NOt PG-ish right there if you ask me.

You can't ask N8 to run the point b/c he always tries to make the impossible pass.... He wont just play it safe (keep it simple).

NOt to mention, Duhon never hangs on the rim and gets called for a technical. That ONE point proved critical down the stretch, no?

Plays like that drive coaches crazy.

BUT, yes.... You can't have Duhon-Jeffries in your starting lineup. Combined they're lucky to get you 9 points. AND, on most nights.... N8 & Al do what they did tonight (10-30 shooting; 2-12 from 3).

Knicks need a real PG more than anything.

johnstarky

Rotation player
The entire Stinks roster with the exception of Lee,Gallo and Chandler should be traded away.Duhon should be packaged in a deal with Harrington and Robinson.

YEAH I THINK mike d was trying to prove a point lol no pun intended, but definitely trying to prove a point in letting nate run the offense down the stretch, dude rushed down the court 3 possessions in a row when we were up with 2 mins to go. I thought to myself damn it, I would rather have duhon in there lol. THen I was like we wouldnt be in this position if duhon didnt suck so bad. WTFFFFF. we have no point guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here is my take on the Knicks vs Rapters game

We are missing a 3rd guard in our rotation (Huges or Douglas).
This is midseason so Nate Robinson minutes should increase to 30 or more minutes of playingtime the rest of the season
Duhon knows at the start of every game he will receive 32 minutes or more with certain players in his lineup. Nate does'nt.
The Knicks using a 7-man rotation is for a playoff series, not for the regular season games. I have to highlight that.
Our chemistry would come together in a 9-man rotation, when all 9 players would be fully prepared for each game (knowing they are expected to perform they will watch for oponents weak areas to exploit).

Our depth-chart off the bench has been weak all season....depending only on 2 players off the bench (we must have two superstars in our starting lineup name Lebron & Howard to only use two bench players in our rotation).
We are depending on 6.9 Harrington and 5.9 Nate off the bench....recall these two players were the Knicks 1st and 2nd option on offense last season.
Today, they are bench players receiving under 30 minutes of playintime this season....promotion or demotion? u call it.

There are to many small and minor problems which should'nt exist in the 2nd season without "loser Isiah Thomas" in the thick of things. Hint:

The loss of Jefferies in the 2nd half had Turk schooling Gallo on both sides of the court, especially whenever the Knicks went on a run the Rapters offense turned to Turk whom Gallo could do nothing to stop him.

7 seconds left in the game is a life-time in the NBA.....the Knicks were only down by two points.....the Knicks best 3 point shooter "Gallo" was taking out the Ball....does anyone see anything wrong with that? or am I the only one who would have selected David Lee 5 years experience to take the ball out (experience)?

To be one of the 5 top teams in the NBA that shoot the most 3 balls....we have been "SLOPPY" consistently at crunchtime when under 30 seconds left in the game for a playbook WIN. Look at how many games we lost under 5 points.....if we won half of those game we would be a .500 team today...

Am I complaining again or laying down cold FACTS

Kiyaman

Legend
YEAH I THINK mike d was trying to prove a point lol no pun intended, but definitely trying to prove a point in letting nate run the offense down the stretch, dude rushed down the court 3 possessions in a row when we were up with 2 mins to go. I thought to myself damn it, I would rather have duhon in there lol. THen I was like we wouldnt be in this position if duhon didnt suck so bad. WTFFFFF. we have no point guard.

I recall that play....how many Knicks ran down court with Nate to beat the oposition from setting up their defense? one! Chandler whom instead of running towards the hoop from the side he was planting himself on the left side of the 3 point line....not expecting a pass, or running towards Nate for a pass, but planting himself at the 3 point line. Why?

Nate is a running transition guard with dribbling speed to pass by oponents.....at two minutes left in the game after the Knicks just ran a 10-0 run the only Knick left with energy to keep the run run run going was Nate Robinson, which is why we should use a 9-man rotation with both our rookies developing in a run n gun situation.

Kiyaman

Legend
Al Harrington

Last night Al Harrington shot 10 free throws hitting 9 out of 10.
With two trips to the line for a 3 point play.....that equals 6 Rapter fouls.
So is Harrington's 5-16 shooting good or bad scoring 20 points?

The Rapters allowed us to score down low all game, which is why 5.9 Nate was able to dunk without a problem.

Where was the Rapters weakness we was suppose to exploit for the WIN???

kiya while I see what you are saying, the truth is we should not be running run and gun basketball with 1:45 seconds left up 5 at home. I remember counting the clock in my head saying tick tick tick a few more possessions burn the shot clock, he throw that ish up with like 16 left on the shot clock, twice that is. WE should have slowed it down and ran the pick and roll which got lee a wide open dunk a few moments earlier, or ran an iso for chandler in the post who I believe had bellinelli on him after amir johnson fouled out. Mike D cant control those things, nate just flew up the court looking for a big play by himself a point guard slows it down and takes the best shot available. That is the conundrum of nate/duhon as our tandem, nate does what he does which is shoot shoot shoot, and duhon does what he does which is run the offense while looking horrible if the ball comes back his way after any broken down play because then he panics.

All in all our problems dont stem from hughes not playing, or nate not playing, or duhon sucking, it stems from all three of them being incapable guards in today's NBA. hence why the rest of you bugged over the thought of bringing in grant hill or jason kidd, I was excited for this reason alone, grant hill and kidds ability to run an offense and make players better around them would have this team most likely 23-20 right now, I can almost guarantee it. Reason I say almost is it didnt happen so this whole post is null even though my point still stands

With kidd Lee would be dropping 24-12 right now.
and gallinari would have 5 more open looks a game.
Chandler would have about 4 more easy buckets
and duhon would look like the best back up pg in the league because that is all he is.
We would not have resigned nate
and we would be making the playoffs

richtree

Rotation player
I have no problem with Gallo taking the ball out because that man often steps in for a shot after the pass.

My problem was after the play broke down Chandler just stood at the free throw line doing nothing.

Harrington was being overplayed and is still slow from injury, so Chandler had to come up. Jack is a good defender but watching Chandler make an all-star like spin move and then dissappear in all the key moments is the most disheartening.

Mikey D has had his ups and downs and Chandler has improved, but if Chandler had any agressiveness on offensive he would be the player that could create for himself and others late in the game.
When healthy Harrington could get a shot, but Chandler is the most veristle player.

Chandler is sooo passive it hurts me to watch. Sometimes he catches the ball and doesn't even face the basket. Sometimes he looks into the sky or down at the ground with apathy.

Chandler is like a sad soul trying to find his place in life and probably wakes up everday wondering if he should be playing NBA basketball.

I wish Chandler could realize how lucky he is to be gifted with his atheltic ability and stop walking around like he is on Prozac.

Chandler needs an offseason to train with a superstar that can teach him the desire to win...

David Lee is a border line all-star becuase of his desire.

Chandler needs to find this. Then maybe he can help teach Jordan HIll.

PS - that play for Jordan Hill after the timeout was great. Maybe Jordan Hill can go up and dunk it.

Our Coach is soft. Our team is soft. Our team is slow. At least Bender has the fire and desire to help this team.

Drew Gooden man-handled everyone on the team. Bosh continued to just barrell into people.

We get leads and can't hold them.

The Knicks need a new player on the roster to help ASAP.

nuff said.

ANU

Starter
there is such a thing as too much patience.this wouldn't be as big a problem if he signed j williams or arroyo to a deal.

smh.I'm losing faith in this dude.

donnie do nothing.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Man our PG situation looks rough (of course the nYk thought they would be alright during the draft)
Maybe in the summer some team with financial stress will look at our expiring contracts and trade their PG, hard but not impossible. We don't have a first rounder unless we make a trade for our limited assets. Rubio seems like a loooong shot. **** man, no PG in D-antoni's system sux. I don't know man but Duhound is so inconsistent.

Kiyaman

Legend
kiya while I see what you are saying, the truth is we should not be running run and gun basketball with 1:45 seconds left up 5 at home. I remember counting the clock in my head saying tick tick tick a few more possessions burn the shot clock, he throw that ish up with like 16 left on the shot clock, twice that is. WE should have slowed it down and ran the pick and roll which got lee a wide open dunk a few moments earlier, or ran an iso for chandler in the post who I believe had bellinelli on him after amir johnson fouled out. Mike D cant control those things, nate just flew up the court looking for a big play by himself a point guard slows it down and takes the best shot available. That is the conundrum of nate/duhon as our tandem, nate does what he does which is shoot shoot shoot, and duhon does what he does which is run the offense while looking horrible if the ball comes back his way after any broken down play because then he panics.

All in all our problems dont stem from hughes not playing, or nate not playing, or duhon sucking, it stems from all three of them being incapable guards in today's NBA. hence why the rest of you bugged over the thought of bringing in grant hill or jason kidd, I was excited for this reason alone, grant hill and kidds ability to run an offense and make players better around them would have this team most likely 23-20 right now, I can almost guarantee it. Reason I say almost is it didnt happen so this whole post is null even though my point still stands

With kidd Lee would be dropping 24-12 right now.
and gallinari would have 5 more open looks a game.
Chandler would have about 4 more easy buckets
and duhon would look like the best back up pg in the league because that is all he is.
We would not have resigned nate
and we would be making the playoffs

Great point.....I too was looking to slow down the game after the 10-0 run up by 5 points. But I also understand that Nate rarely gets the chance he was given, so Nate being a transition run run guard thought his teammates would still be running with him which they died out being satisfied with the 5 point lead. We labelled Nate the energy off the bench player b/c Nate speed brings the ball up court before oponents can set up their defense....which is why Jason Kidd demanded to be traded from the Nets (teammates not having that 2nd wind to take advantage of a tired oponent).

When any PG run the ball up the court and all 5 of his oponents beat his teammates up the court.....look for Kidd, Billups, Nash, and Parker to take the 3-point shot. A PG message to their teammates and coach.
When Nate drived the lane and threw the ball to the only teammate down the court with him Chandler whom was setting up at the side of the 3-point line rather than running towards the hoop for a put-back or rebound if Nate decided to lay it up.....does not make u point at Nate, when u see Kobe, Lebron, and Wade do that same play b/c the closets teammate to them is way over on the right or left side.

The Knicks still do not have a "Starting-SG or a Backup-SG" in their rotation.....so Nate is still forced to perform as the scoring SG on this team.
So very rarely do we see Nate running the point, especially when it is widely known that Duhon is one of coach Dantoni's fav-pet-player on the team that cant do no wrong (double negative Dan & Du)...

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Every day I come on here and check the NBA web-site hoping and praying to see that the Knicks are rumoured to be trading or making some kind of move for a new point guard but every day nothing happens.

I think that we need to face facts that the Knicks are not going to go for someone new and that we are stuck with Chris Duhon for the rest of the season.:barf:

CoolClyde

Duhound Sucks Threads Galore!

This thread sounds awfully familiar, there must be at least a couple dozen Duhon sucks threads. mebbe 'cause the hound is so damn awful!!

As Duhon Sucks, So Suck The Knicks... etc.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7336

Hound_Duhon.jpg

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Like I said before: a new PG has to fit to the upcoming FA-signings, so we have to be patient.

If Duhon starts making his 3pt-shots again, I'll have no problem to stick with him for the remainder of the season.

By now, he's the only guy who's able to get his team-mates involved, so he has to start. Nate as back-up in terms of scoring works, but he can't run an offense (excepting his one man- head down to the basket-offense).

Kiyaman

Legend
What we have and what were not using

Man our PG situation looks rough (of course the nYk thought they would be alright during the draft)
Maybe in the summer some team with financial stress will look at our expiring contracts and trade their PG, hard but not impossible. We don't have a first rounder unless we make a trade for our limited assets. Rubio seems like a loooong shot. **** man, no PG in D-antoni's system sux. I don't know man but Duhound is so inconsistent.

So far if alot of players were given playingtime at the start of the season (9-man rotation), the players would be better familuar with each other performance vs NBA oponents.

Giving Duhon 37 minutes of playingtime at the start of the season when we were suppose to be working Hughes and Douglas into the guard-rotation with Duhon & Nate to be able to throw change at our oponents from our guard-rotation on defense & offense by midseason.

We supposed to have a "Center" in our rotation for at least 2 quarters of each game having Curry & Darko available.
The Chicago Bulls used a out of shape Curry for the first 3 quarters of their game to make the playoffs.

We have a "Raw" NBA Ready Rookie PF-Jordan Hill, whom development level requires double-diget playingtime, which we refuse to give him alongside of David Lee as a frontcourt tandem.

We have a Bonafied 3-man SF-Trio inwhich is able to pick us up in any game with the right playbook plan in "Harrington, Chandler, Gallo," with a little Jefferies in the mix, to use periodically as a second-half weapon at oponents, rather than expose them throughout every 45 games for 35 minutes making them bone tired when we really need their fresh legs at crunchtime or to start the forth quarter.

Look at the worth of our SF.....above the rim Chandler, Slasher Harrington, 3-point shot Gallo, screener & defender of the passing lane Jefferies, all this in our 4th qtr. performance...

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
YOUR 100% Right, but not one person in press calls it?

Nate, Gallo, Lee, Harrington, and Chandler are good players who should be producing more wins. Jeffries defends pretty good.

The only problem is.....we got a 36-48 min point guard who has ZERO OFFENSE, and only pass to David Lee......:boohoo:

This is laughable......

Discuss furthermore.

Again 100% right, but he is not putting himself out there for 33 plus minutes for nearly 45 starts this year, this will haunt D'Ant and his highschool on experience brother.

I am signing out, not worth 2-4 hours of my life this year anymore, tune back in April, to depressing.