Walsh Attends T-Mac Workout

nyk_nyk

All Star
Isn't this the same guy that watched Jennings work out and still passed on him? Donnie doesn't know what he's looking for.

Paul1355

All Star
Isn't this the same guy that watched Jennings work out and still passed on him? Donnie doesn't know what he's looking for.

Donnie knows he just missed on a gem with Jennings. Take into account that Mike D and Donnie make every choice together. Odds are that Jennings cocky attitude would be like Nate and Mike D has an ego the size of planet earth. I can honestly see the possibility that we passed up on Jennings because Mike D did not want to deal with his attitude.

We did need a big man, the problem is that Brook Lopez was the perfect answer and we passed him up for a good PF that never plays.

I don't think Donnie is an idiot, I just think that Mike D's coaching and favorites that he has is ruining this team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's gotta happen. Just for the sake of the opportunity.

We don't have to re-sign him if he's turned shit. Sure he's a self centered prick, but he'd instantly be our 2nd best player.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Donnie knows he just missed on a gem with Jennings. Take into account that Mike D and Donnie make every choice together. Odds are that Jennings cocky attitude would be like Nate and Mike D has an ego the size of planet earth. I can honestly see the possibility that we passed up on Jennings because Mike D did not want to deal with his attitude.

We did need a big man, the problem is that Brook Lopez was the perfect answer and we passed him up for a good PF that never plays.

I don't think Donnie is an idiot, I just think that Mike D's coaching and favorites that he has is ruining this team.

I'm confused. You don't mean Hill right? Because we took Gallo over Lopez in the 2008 draft. Hill was this past draft.

Kiyaman

Legend

I could'nt have said it better

The Houston Rockets Adelman probably want to add PF-Jordan Hill, SF-Wilson Chandler, and would luv SG- Butler too....as a dynamic future trio for the Rockets roster to become a 2nd round playoff team in the West.

If the Houston Rockets pulls-off getting 2 or 3 decent young players (like the ones above) to go with the 27-24 roster they have now for just T-Mac.....their future will be looking alot better than some of the teams spending expensive money for the 2010 FA.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm confused. You don't mean Hill right? Because we took Gallo over Lopez in the 2008 draft. Hill was this past draft.
I meant that we needed a big man for two years...we passed up on a big man one year for a shooter. Then we had another oppurtunity for a big man and got another PF when we could have had a legit Center in Lopez the year before. In the past draft, the PG spot was more important than anything. But, I give Donnie the benefit of the doubt that no one expected Duhon to play this bad after last year. Donnie paid an extra 3 million for Douglas and he is being wasted. All that wasted money because of Mike D.
If I was Donnie, I'd confront Mike D and be pissed that he is wasting my draft picks.

Paul1355

All Star
I could'nt have said it better

The Houston Rockets Adelman probably want to add PF-Jordan Hill, SF-Wilson Chandler, and would luv SG- Butler too....as a dynamic future trio for the Rockets roster to become a 2nd round playoff team in the West.

If the Houston Rockets pulls-off getting 2 or 3 decent young players (like the ones above) to go with the 27-24 roster they have now for just T-Mac.....their future will be looking alot better than some of the teams spending expensive money for the 2010 FA.
I agree with your opinion of the Rockets. They have been playing well without T Mac and Yao for a long time now. Rick Adelman is a hard headed but good coach because developed Ariza into the player he is and maintained a solid record without his two former stars.

The Knicks would be stupid to trade Hill or Douglas for Mcgrady. We all know he still has skill in him but to waste our young players for an aging player like T Mac is foolish. Hill and Douglas are the future since we won't have enough money to sign a bunch of guys if we sign Lee and a max FA....these guys deserve big minutes next year from this ridiculous rotation.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Did Adelman developed Ariza? In 50 some games? How? Please elaborate this.

If you ask me Ariza regresed this seasson. He is nothing more than a 4-5 option.

Paul1355

All Star
Did Adelman developed Ariza? In 50 some games? How? Please elaborate this.

If you ask me Ariza regresed this seasson. He is nothing more than a 4-5 option.
He turned to be a pretty good player...has he really regressed that much since last year? I might take that Adelman developing Ariza comment back because I'm not sure if Ariza became good under Phil Jackson first.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I always thought he was going to be a good ROLE player. Thing is he did not fit what Knicks or Orlando did at the time he was there. But he fit into the stacked Lakers team. Coming to a team like Houston without Yao and McGrady suppose to be his break. So Far he plays the same role as on the Lakers. Adelman has nothing to do with his development.

P.S. I do think Adelman is a very good coach (he does very good with a average team) but he has no input on Ariza development.

paris401

Starter
at the end of the line , making the decision of who to take in the draft is walsh... yes he gets lots of input from the coach/scouts/etc, but he says yea or nay...unless ofcourse dolan sticks his 2cents in ... but i don't think he does...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I meant that we needed a big man for two years...we passed up on a big man one year for a shooter. Then we had another oppurtunity for a big man and got another PF when we could have had a legit Center in Lopez the year before. In the past draft, the PG spot was more important than anything. But, I give Donnie the benefit of the doubt that no one expected Duhon to play this bad after last year. Donnie paid an extra 3 million for Douglas and he is being wasted. All that wasted money because of Mike D.
If I was Donnie, I'd confront Mike D and be pissed that he is wasting my draft picks.

Definitely. We did and do need a C. I'm not upset at all about the Gallo pick. He has shown signs of becoming something great. I agree with you on the fact that we should have got a PG this draft. That should have been priority no.1. I mean they should have expected this play from Duhon when he showed he couldn't play a full season of consistent basketball last season. I agree Douglas should get some minutes so he can improve his game. He has good defensive skills but needs to be more composed on the floor.

Paul1355

All Star
Definitely. We did and do need a C. I'm not upset at all about the Gallo pick. He has shown signs of becoming something great. I agree with you on the fact that we should have got a PG this draft. That should have been priority no.1. I mean they should have expected this play from Duhon when he showed he couldn't play a full season of consistent basketball last season. I agree Douglas should get some minutes so he can improve his game. He has good defensive skills but needs to be more composed on the floor.
yea but how can he improve his composure when he never plays. When a player does not play and then all of a sudden goes in, his composure is horrible because he is so nervous. He needs consistent playing time. I dont care if he plays 5 min a game...just make it consistent.