Will anyone miss Al Harrington if he is traded?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I had so much hope for him when he was first traded to the Knicks.He looked like a player who really wanted to be here.I feel saddened by the idea of him not being a Knick anymore but if the Knicks need to include him in a trade in order to improve in the future, I am not going to sit here and complain.

dave2138

Rotation player
Harrington was gone after this season anyway...so I don't think anyone can be upset about trading him now. His greatest value to the team was being an expiring contract and helped match up salaries to get Tmac in order to get rid of Jeffries.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Harrington was gone after this season anyway...so I don't think anyone can be upset about trading him now. His greatest value to the team was being an expiring contract and helped match up salaries to get Tmac in order to get rid of Jeffries.

Even though his contract will expire after this season, I could see him being brought back here by the Knicks this off season to be a bench player.

jpz17

Starter
Not at all.. He is less valuable than a Douglas or Hill to me. I am not a fan of the guy. Just isn't good in clutch and is too hot/cold

iSaYughh

Starter
Not at all. Solid guy, talented, could be real serviceable...horrible player for us. Chucker, undisciplined. Not the type of player we want, or have needed.

He has made some of the biggest boneheaded moves this season on a team defined by fools with no winning instincts.

I wish him the best, though, and think with a different coach and team he could be legit.

dave2138

Rotation player
Even though his contract will expire after this season, I could see him being brought back here by the Knicks this off season to be a bench player.

How much of a discount do you think Harrington was going to take to be a bench player here? He will easily demand 8-10 mil/year no? Not a chance he is back next year regardless of this trade.

ANU

Starter
I know you probably don't like him because he stops ball movement and throws up more shots than Iverson in his prime but he was one of those rare Knicks that enjoyed playing in NY.
not at all.in fact A.I. was one of my basketball heroes growing up.i'm not saying he's a bad guy, he is just a horrible basketball player.

johnstarky

Rotation player
How much of a discount do you think Harrington was going to take to be a bench player here? He will easily demand 8-10 mil/year no? Not a chance he is back next year regardless of this trade.

Unless Isiah Thomas comes back to the league, nobody is going to give Harrington close to 8 million dollars a year to come off the bench for them.That's why he will most likely take a discount somewhere.I could see him wanting to take a discount with the Knicks if they sign a superstar like Lebron James.

johnstarky

Rotation player
not at all.in fact A.I. was one of my basketball heroes growing up.i'm not saying he's a bad guy, he is just a horrible basketball player.

The difference between A.I. in his prime and present day Al Harrington is that Iverson use to make most of his shots and make his team better while Harrington misses most of his shots and is too erratic offensively to be a starter in the NBA.I'm not trying to compare their careers, because that would be absurd, but Al Harrington use to vex Knick fans with his selfish play at times and I could see why many people will not miss him at all.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Harrington is a good guy. He just has added nothing to the team this year. Last year he looked like he cared. I will Miss Harrington as crazy as that may be.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Yeah, Harrington is a good guy. He just has added nothing to the team this year. Last year he looked like he cared. I will Miss Harrington as crazy as that may be.

Very well said.I really feel for the guy.I know that he wanted to be a part of this Knicks' rebuilding plans, but Donnie Walsh has no choice but to deal him.

metrocard

Legend
Harrington
Francis
Rose
Taylor
Crawford
Richardson
n many more

all the same shit, just difference sizes.
Thanks for all the losing and embarrassment.

I kinda miss Balkman and Ariza.

NDIRISH7777

Rookie
it might just be me but didnt he gain a ton of weight recently? he looks huge to me compared to usual. hes never been a small dude but he reminds me more and more of curry. maybe hes been eating too much pizza with his brothers leo, ralph, mikey, and donny.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im sure Harrington,is a great guy and he would probably go out of his way to help anybody if in trouble.The problem I have is that it looks like to me that his body is breaking down.He's starting to stay injured every other week and another reason is that he has'nt brung wins to NY or has he took us to the playoffs.We need players in here that will take us to the playoffs and hopefully to the finals one of these days.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like Harrington.He has heart.I'd like for him to stay here.Before the pre-season he said he wanted to be the leader and a short period of time, while not always playing well, he seemed like he was trying to be.Maybe it's the injuries, cause last season he certainly was doing a lot more from his repetoire than lately.He also doesn't pass much, he did have a couple of nice assists against the Kings.If he's willing to take a pay-cut, then yeah, I want him back.The guy wants to represent.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
it might just be me but didnt he gain a ton of weight recently? he looks huge to me compared to usual. hes never been a small dude but he reminds me more and more of curry. maybe hes been eating too much pizza with his brothers leo, ralph, mikey, and donny.
LOL thats funny stuff