If Donnie gets these trades done...

smokes

Huge Member
Are people gonna stop whining on him all the time?:boohoo:

I can understand a lot of the bitching at coach D he fails in a lot of areas but DW is one of the most experienced GMs in the league and he knows what he's doing. All the things he's said about not thinking we are going to make a deal, not making a deal that won't improve the team, playoffs, etc... They are all smokescreens.

If these trades go down "Do nothing Donnie" will be the GM who's done the most this season to set their team up for next year.

I also have my own theory on the Jordan Hill pick, which if its the case was a smart move all along. Think about it, why would we draft a big that wasn't NBA ready? If he wasn't ready he wasn't going to replace Lee if Lee wasn't re-signed. So what was the purpose? Trade bait. Everyone knows there is a sore lack of decent bigs in the NBA right now so a young 6'10 athletic guy is going to be sought after as long as he doesn't appear to be a complete bust. That's the reason we haven't been playing him at all this year. Not because coach is being a dickhead but because DW instructed him to keep Hill on the d-low to keep other teams intrigued about him (and not let them see he is in fact average).

And now the plan is all coming together! Shed a load of salary, grab a veteran SG and replace Hill with a more proven Tyrus and hit 2010 with cash in the bank and cheap players to re-sign.

If this goes through I would hail DW as the best GM in recent years. Patience is a virtue!

jpz17

Starter
Walsh is one of the best guys to run this team. D'Antoni is just one of Donnie's pieces in the big plan

mafra

Legend
If Walsh dumps Jeffries and picks up Tyrus Thomas, there should be a parade down the Canyon of Heroes for him next week.

He would have positioned NY to be locked-n-loaded to become serious players this summer.

Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Landry to go with options to re-ink Bender, Thomas, T-Mac, on top of 2 rookies is perfect to make a run at LJ & Bosh/Johnson/Lee.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Jeezus... T-Mac, giraffe gone, possibility for 2 max contracts, and now Nate possibly gone for a gunslinging quick 3-pointer shooter in eddie house (and getting a first round pick to offset giving away our pick to Houston). If all these actually happen, Walsh will go down in history.

And then there is still the Harrington for Tyrus thomas and possibly pargo. And even sergio rodriguez possibilities...

If all this manages to happen... I will have to steal Rove's nickname and dub Donnie Walsh "The Architect"

Last edited:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Jeezus... T-Mac, giraffe gone, possibility for 2 max contracts, and now Nate possibly gone for a gunslinging quick 3-pointer shooter in eddie house (and getting a first round pick to offset giving away our pick to Houston). If all these actually happen, Walsh will go down in history.

And then there is still the Harrington for Tyrus thomas and possibly pargo. And even sergio rodriguez possibilities...

If all this manages to happen... I will have to steal Rove's nickname and dub Donnie Walsh "The Architect"
Indeed. Loving Donnie Walsh right now...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm so sick of waiting on this. Gratify me instantly!!!!!!

Sacramento have entered the fray. Looks like the Salmons deal to Milwaukee has put them out of T Mac contention.

Stick to your guns Donnie.