McGrady Traded To The Kings

Jmeyreles

Rookie
McGrady had been traded to the Kings in a seven-player deal that includes Kevin Martin being moved to the Rockets. McGrady, Carl Landry, and Joey Dorsey have reportedly been dealt to the Kings in exchange for Kevin Martin, Hilton Armstrong, Kenny Thomas, and Sergio Rodriguez. Hasn't been approved by the league but both team have agreed to the deal, Yahoo! Sports reports.

It remains possible that the deal could be expanded into a three-way deal that lands McGrady with the Knicks before Thursday's 3pm trade deadline.

Last edited:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Hope is not lost! They suspect that it is a 3 way deal in which we get tmacs contract and sergio rodriguez! No more duhon! The source i read though didnt disclose if jj was included in the 3 way.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Hope is not lost! They suspect that it is a 3 way deal in which we get tmacs contract and sergio rodriguez! No more duhon! The source i read though didnt disclose if jj was included in the 3 way.
NICE! Link anywhere?

David Aldridge just reported this on his twitter -

If Kings move TMac to NY, it would be 4 same package Knicks were offering Houston: Jeffries, Hill, Hughes, picks. about 1 hours ago from web

tiger0330

Legend
It just made the Houston papers without a mention of the Knicks. I think it's done JJ is not going to Houston, if we want TMac it'll be from a Sactown deal. I doubt the Kings want JJ, major disappointment Donnie couldn't get this deal done with Houston. I heard Breen say on the game that D'Ants would be discussing why a trade did or didn't get done on his show. I would like to hear what he has to say about the Houston one.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6872624.html

Kiyaman

Legend
NICE! Link anywhere?

David Aldridge just reported this on his twitter -

If Kings move TMac to NY, it would be 4 same package Knicks were offering Houston: Jeffries, Hill, Hughes, picks. about 1 hours ago from web

The Knicks are empting there roster to sign WHO?

This 2010 Plan is getting ridiculous as time closes in on it.

Make me think Houston would've luv to get Zach & Crawford for T-Mac & Landry. Keven Martin is underratted b/c he is just a scorer whom lost his job and playingtime to rookie Evans.

I would have rather just Fired Dantoni, and unload Duhon & Curry for some decent players (Butler & Haywood).

You're right hope is not lost. Still some negotiating going on but Walsh said Houston wanted too much for the chance for cap relief, they did want a lot but I think most of us thought it was worth it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777
As far as I know, the players in the deal were all agreed upon, and all that Houston needed for the deal to get done was both picks coming in to be unprotected.

Now that the Knicks are dealing with Sacramento for McGrady instead of Houston, Donnie may be able to swing the deal with one or even both of the picks somewhat protected.

New New York

Quiet Storm
A package of Hill and Jefferies could be a better deal for Sac. then it was for Houston.

Sac. is not affected really by taking on Jefferies' contract and they would get back at least one pick plus Hill.

Lets just hope it goes down

skisloper

Starter
Lets assume by 3:00 PM.

1. We no longer have Jeffries Contract.
2. Tracy McGrady is a Knick.
3. Sergio is our point guard.
4. Thomas is a Knick.
5. Harrington is gone.
6. Hughes is gone.
7. Hill is gone.
8. 2 first round picks are gone.
9. We have 34 million to spend.
10. Nate is gone/ House is in.

If the above is the case then how can anyone complain about Walsh. Remember in the past 4 years our first round picks..... Frye, Lee, Nate, Chandler, Balkman, Gallo and Hill.....7 picks and not a single game changer. Do not get me wrong solid very good players ( some) but zero superstar...Now its time to get some superstars....

Walsh does this my only complaint about him is passing on Jennings...

as for D'Antonio.....Our roster sucks since we lost Randolph and Crawford...stop your bitchin on him...we have the worst roster in the league.

Starks

Starter
Lets assume by 3:00 PM.

1. We no longer have Jeffries Contract.
2. Tracy McGrady is a Knick.
3. Sergio is our point guard.
4. Thomas is a Knick.
5. Harrington is gone.
6. Hughes is gone.
7. Hill is gone.
8. 2 first round picks are gone.
9. We have 34 million to spend.
10. Nate is gone/ House is in.

If the above is the case then how can anyone complain about Walsh. Remember in the past 4 years our first round picks..... Frye, Lee, Nate, Chandler, Balkman, Gallo and Hill.....7 picks and not a single game changer. Do not get me wrong solid very good players ( some) but zero superstar...Now its time to get some superstars....

Walsh does this my only complaint about him is passing on Jennings...

as for D'Antonio.....Our roster sucks since we lost Randolph and Crawford...stop your bitchin on him...we have the worst roster in the league.

If this was facebook, this post should have 187 like buttons pressed on this. This message is approved!

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
The Knicks are empting there roster to sign WHO?

This 2010 Plan is getting ridiculous as time closes in on it.

Make me think Houston would've luv to get Zach & Crawford for T-Mac & Landry. Keven Martin is underratted b/c he is just a scorer whom lost his job and playingtime to rookie Evans.

I would have rather just Fired Dantoni, and unload Duhon & Curry for some decent players (Butler & Haywood).

was this suppose to be a joke?

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Nnng. Why are people hoping on McGrady again? Sure, he'd be better than Larry Hughes, but would it be worth the losses? (The Nate/House deal sounds decent though; a streaky shooter for an older, less spectacular-yet-more-reliable one.)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
As far as I'm concerned, we should have held on to N8 and offered him to the Kings along with:

Jefferies

Hill

Hughes

And a 2nd rounder or a protected pick.

From that offer we could have gotten Landry as well. That boy's got an all around game on him.

Rodriguez would be nice as a consolation.

EDIT: That would have been 1000x better than the Boston trade.

skisloper

Starter
As far as I'm concerned, we should have held on to N8 and offered him to the Kings along with:

Jefferies

Hill

Hughes

And a 2nd rounder or a protected pick.

From that offer we could have gotten Landry as well. That boy's got an all around game on him.

Rodriguez would be nice as a consolation.

EDIT: That would have been 1000x better than the Boston trade.

Its not McGrady its Jeffries we want out ..........Right now or at least it seemed the best way to do that was a package that included us getting McGrady...

PLEASE UNDERSTAND.....NOBODY WANTED NATE.

Isiah...could not make Nate a better team player.
Larry Brown...did not want him.
D'Antonio ...did not want him.
End of last season not a single team made him an offer...

Our infatuation with Nate is just that.......NOT A SINGLE GM MADE HIS AGENT AN OFFER LAST YEAR........Look what we are getting for him ???? nothing......If Nate was so wanted wouldn't another team step up and give us more then eddie house.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sacramento wanted both Nate and Jefferies last year. That was just a rumor, but it must have started somewhere.

I am completely aware that Jefferies is the main factor. Keeping T Mac beyond 2010 hasn't even occurred to me. I don't think he'll perform well enough in either the locker room or on the court to warrant a re-signing.

skisloper

Starter
Sacramento wanted both Nate and Jefferies last year. That was just a rumor, but it must have started somewhere.

I am completely aware that Jefferies is the main factor. Keeping T Mac beyond 2010 hasn't even occurred to me. I don't think he'll perform well enough in either the locker room or on the court to warrant a re-signing.

If they wanted him then they would have made him an offer when he was a restricted free agent. Nate received Zero offers. Does that not say something