If we get Bosh: trades for Wilson

New New York

Quiet Storm
I have said it before, Wilson is my favorite player on our roster.....but I have also stressed that he can play mutiple positons but his best fit is at the SF spot which is currently belonging to Gallo.

Plus like I also said before 30 million in cap space is good, but it does not buy us a complete team some more moves need to be made

So what to do with my favorite Knick? Well our trades would vary depending on who we picked up. today lets look at trades if we landed Bosh.

side note: with every FA signing I am assuming we sign Lee to an extension for 9 million

My biggest areas of concerns with this roster even after getting Bosh are, reliable PG,SG, and our lack of depth. Lets see what we can adress with trades consisting of Wilson

Portland trades Rudy Fernandez and Bayless to us for Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas

Run Down: I know that some of you think getting Fernandez for Wilson would be a one sided trade in our favor, but Wilson has clearly out played Rudy thus far in their careers, factor in Rudy's injury and his low career FG% and you could make a case for us insisting on a pick in this deal. But numbers don't tell the whole story, Rudy's style of play is tailor made for Dantoni and Bayless is a better PG option than Douglas who is in the mold of Stephon Curry who Walsh and Dantoni wanted bad. Bayless has been a disappointment thus far, but could turn things around in NY

Lineup
Bayless/Rodriguez(signed for cheap with remaining cap)
Fernandez/Bayless
Gallo/Harrington(signed for cheap)
Lee/Gallo
Bosh/Lee

Likelyhood:35%

Minny Trades us Ricky Rubio for Wilson Chandler

Run Down: Frankly Flynn is a beast. Everyone is gassed off of Brandon Jennings, but Flynn is my dude! Look the 3 PGs Minny picked up assured them that they are good at the PG spot if not at any other position. I know Minny is going to want Superstar talent in return for Rubio, but teams are not going to give up superstar quality for a player who has the option never to join them. Now I know if Clev. Boston or The Lakers put together a package to get Ricky he would come, but what are any of those teams realistically willing to give up for him? And of what any of them is willing to give up could be better than Chandler?

Rubio/Douglas
Manu (signed for 11 million remaining)/Douglas
Gallo/Manu
Lee/Bosh
Bosh/Curry

Likelyhood:25% chance of happening

Ramon Sessions and their 13th pick in this year's draft for Wilson

Run Down:Another deal to snag one of the PG's I feel Minny stole from us last off season! This gives us a legit starting PG, Ramon's numbers have dipped only because his minutes have....and he still has nearly out played our starting PG! Give him Duhon minutes and he is good for 14 and 9...... A -gulp!- 10% 3pt shooter is pathetic but he has only taken 10, and unlike Duhon he can beat his man off the dribble thus making up for bad 3pt . Plus if our coaches can improve Jefferies' shootin then really anyone has a chance! A former player of Dan Dantoni...for whatever that is worth!

Likelyhood: 50%

Charlotte:Augistine and TysonChandler for Wilson and Curry

This adds depth to our frontcort and gives us a nice starting PG. Wilson is a two way player who Brown would love. Brown for whatever reason has always liked Curry and this would give him a season to try him out, the Bobcats have been playing fine without him for the most part this season -in fact their win streak started when he went down!-, Curry of course is a non factor to us. This deal saves Charlotte 1.8 million and for a broke franchise that helps out a whole lot!

Augistine/Douglas
Manu (signed for 11 million remaining )/Douglas
Gallo/Manu
Lee/Bosh/Gallo
Bosh/Tyson Chandler

likelyhood 40%

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
if we land both bosh and 'bron i'd probably like a defensive 5 like a haywood type.i fancy rodriguez as our point of the future.so ****ing minny.if we can move gallo and chandlr for a high lotto pick that would be sweet.i'm sure some team out would want a sf and a pf of the future.hell, if you're gonna gamble on wesley johnson and montijuanas, why not?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wilson Chandler has been impressive this season. He has played better than I expected. Chandler has the potential to be an 18 point, 6 rebound, 1 block per game player, from what I have seen from him this season. I would not trade him, if I was Walsh. I would start him ahead of Gallinari, if it came down to it. But I doubt D'Antoni would do that. Wilson Chandler and David Lee are keepers. In my opinion, everyone else should be up for trading, including Gallinari. And if the Knicks get offered a first round pick for Lee or Chandler, I'd do it, too.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
liking the thread New New York, i agree with ABCD though Chandler is a keeper he's shown the ability to get better in each of the seasons he's been in the league and i think with our new look team next year alot of the pressure will be off of him so i look for him to put up numbers next year quietly though....he could sneak in as a 6th man of the year candidate if Gallo is chosen to start over him-which is very likely

** im all for giving Rodriguez a shot at being our starter, i mean he cant be much worse then Duhon and he is quick, a great passer, and has an improving jumpshot.....lets see what the kid can do

New New York

Quiet Storm
Wilson Chandler has been impressive this season. He has played better than I expected. Chandler has the potential to be an 18 point, 6 rebound, 1 block per game player, from what I have seen from him this season. I would not trade him, if I was Walsh. I would start him ahead of Gallinari, if it came down to it. But I doubt D'Antoni would do that. Wilson Chandler and David Lee are keepers. In my opinion, everyone else should be up for trading, including Gallinari. And if the Knicks get offered a first round pick for Lee or Chandler, I'd do it, too.

co-sign on moving Gallo before Wilson, but Gallo's bad back and plus as of right now he is considered to be one dimensional -although he has shown flashes- gives him less trade value then Wilson. But Gallo is often compared to Hedo and he is further along -in terms of production- then Hedo was his second season.

Honestly I would still part with Gallo before Wil, because Gallo is a 3 who can slide to the 4, Wilson is a 3 who could slide to the 2 or 4, and in given the short rotations Mike D uses, that is a major plus.

New New York

Quiet Storm
liking the thread New New York, i agree with ABCD though Chandler is a keeper he's shown the ability to get better in each of the seasons he's been in the league and i think with our new look team next year alot of the pressure will be off of him so i look for him to put up numbers next year quietly though....he could sneak in as a 6th man of the year candidate if Gallo is chosen to start over him-which is very likely

** im all for giving Rodriguez a shot at being our starter, i mean he cant be much worse then Duhon and he is quick, a great passer, and has an improving jumpshot.....lets see what the kid can do

Don't know much about Rodgriguez, but his stat line is not too bad at all! I cant wait to see what he's got....truth be told Mike shouldnt showcase him too much if he thinks he is good, might cost us retaining him!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Don't know much about Rodgriguez, but his stat line is not too bad at all! I cant wait to see what he's got....truth be told Mike shouldnt showcase him too much if he thinks he is good, might cost us retaining him!

dont know all that much about him either but he's got the tools to run the SSOL system to perfections he's quick a good passer, and he's young which in itself makes me wanna give him a shot, not many players get this chance in the NBA and he got his lets see what he can do

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Right now, Chandler is our go-to-guy, and he can be a very good player.
He has improved his jumper, he's getting stronger and more disciplined so he'll be a very good SF in the future, he has every tools needed to be a player who can easily drop 20pts a night, so I'd keep him at al cost.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Right now, Chandler is our go-to-guy, and he can be a very good player.
He has improved his jumper, he's getting stronger and more disciplined so he'll be a very good SF in the future, he has every tools needed to be a player who can easily drop 20pts a night, so I'd keep him at al cost.

There is no player I would "keep at all cost", for instance a package of David Lee and Wilson could get you a player like Brandon Roy....now thats not to say Portland or even New York would do this deal, but there is in my opinion no player on our roster who is above being traded.

Again, I would move Gallo before Wilson, but teams are not biting until Gallo plays one more full season with no back problems. And I'm not just saying that I would move Danillo because he has hit the wall a bit -remember Wilson hit the wall around this time last year-, but I just like Wilson's versatility a little more.

metrocard

Legend
Why would you trade for Tyson Chandler to have him back up Bosh.

Bosh is a PF, not a C.
So is Lee...thats a horrible defensive frontcourt.

We need a PG at PG, not a combo guard at PG. Bayless isn't the answer.

I would do the Portland trade because Fernandez fits better in this system than Chandler ever will.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Gallinari has more value than Wilson Chandler, if we called Minny to do a Gallo for Rubio straight up, I'm positive they'd take it. That being said, I don't want Gallo going anywhere lol.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Why would you trade for Tyson Chandler to have him back up Bosh.

Bosh is a PF, not a C.
So is Lee...thats a horrible defensive frontcourt.

We need a PG at PG, not a combo guard at PG. Bayless isn't the answer.

I would do the Portland trade because Fernandez fits better in this system than Chandler ever will.

You still ragging on Chandler?

Just think about this for a moment. His current stats for 2009/2010 are improved over 2008/2009 DESPITE the fact that he was absolutely ATROCIOUS in October and November as he recovered from surgery.

If you look at his stats for Dec-Feb, he's even better.

He averaging 17.3 PPG on 51.7% FG% and 78% FT% while guarding any of 3 positions and often drawing the toughest defensive assignment of the night. He's doing all that at 22 years of age.

His assignment after last season was to work on his handle (especially going left) and to develop his outside shot. He couldn't because of the surgery. If he does that this off season and comes back with a better handle and improved mid range and 3 point shot, he's going to be a borderline athletic all star at age 23 that will fit perfectly.

D'Antoni does not give players traditional assigments like SG, SF, or PF. He likes guys that 6'8" to 6'10" that can do a broad range of things and that can cover multiple positions. We should be in no rush to deal Chandler unless it's a deal that we can't refuse.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
I love Will the thrill but I do not see him as having much trade value. Chandler is NEVER talked about publicly unless it is from a Knick's fan. I know he is talented and a great basketball player, I just don't think other teams see this and can't see the Knicks getting a good deal for him.

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
Gallinari has more value than Wilson Chandler, if we called Minny to do a Gallo for Rubio straight up, I'm positive they'd take it. That being said, I don't want Gallo going anywhere lol.

thank you, someone with some sense! Some people on here are just plain moronic. danilo is 21 years old and in what is pretty much his rookie season hes averagin 15 and 5, as well as leading the league in threes made. Hes 6'10 can pass and dribble probably better than most people that size in the league. AGAIN hes 21! How can some of these so called knick fans be so out of it? Im not sayin hes gonna be the #1 option, but you cant let a guy like this go with such disregard as some of you put it. Get a clue!:alert:idiot alert

Paul1355

All Star
I have said it before, Wilson is my favorite player on our roster.....but I have also stressed that he can play mutiple positons but his best fit is at the SF spot which is currently belonging to Gallo.

Plus like I also said before 30 million in cap space is good, but it does not buy us a complete team some more moves need to be made

So what to do with my favorite Knick? Well our trades would vary depending on who we picked up. today lets look at trades if we landed Bosh.

side note: with every FA signing I am assuming we sign Lee to an extension for 9 million

My biggest areas of concerns with this roster even after getting Bosh are, reliable PG,SG, and our lack of depth. Lets see what we can adress with trades consisting of Wilson

Portland trades Rudy Fernandez and Bayless to us for Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas

Run Down: I know that some of you think getting Fernandez for Wilson would be a one sided trade in our favor, but Wilson has clearly out played Rudy thus far in their careers, factor in Rudy's injury and his low career FG% and you could make a case for us insisting on a pick in this deal. But numbers don't tell the whole story, Rudy's style of play is tailor made for Dantoni and Bayless is a better PG option than Douglas who is in the mold of Stephon Curry who Walsh and Dantoni wanted bad. Bayless has been a disappointment thus far, but could turn things around in NY

Lineup
Bayless/Rodriguez(signed for cheap with remaining cap)
Fernandez/Bayless
Gallo/Harrington(signed for cheap)
Lee/Gallo
Bosh/Lee

Likelyhood:35%

Minny Trades us Ricky Rubio for Wilson Chandler

Run Down: Frankly Flynn is a beast. Everyone is gassed off of Brandon Jennings, but Flynn is my dude! Look the 3 PGs Minny picked up assured them that they are good at the PG spot if not at any other position. I know Minny is going to want Superstar talent in return for Rubio, but teams are not going to give up superstar quality for a player who has the option never to join them. Now I know if Clev. Boston or The Lakers put together a package to get Ricky he would come, but what are any of those teams realistically willing to give up for him? And of what any of them is willing to give up could be better than Chandler?

Rubio/Douglas
Manu (signed for 11 million remaining)/Douglas
Gallo/Manu
Lee/Bosh
Bosh/Curry

Likelyhood:25% chance of happening

Ramon Sessions and their 13th pick in this year's draft for Wilson

Run Down:Another deal to snag one of the PG's I feel Minny stole from us last off season! This gives us a legit starting PG, Ramon's numbers have dipped only because his minutes have....and he still has nearly out played our starting PG! Give him Duhon minutes and he is good for 14 and 9...... A -gulp!- 10% 3pt shooter is pathetic but he has only taken 10, and unlike Duhon he can beat his man off the dribble thus making up for bad 3pt . Plus if our coaches can improve Jefferies' shootin then really anyone has a chance! A former player of Dan Dantoni...for whatever that is worth!

Likelyhood: 50%

Charlotte:Augistine and TysonChandler for Wilson and Curry

This adds depth to our frontcort and gives us a nice starting PG. Wilson is a two way player who Brown would love. Brown for whatever reason has always liked Curry and this would give him a season to try him out, the Bobcats have been playing fine without him for the most part this season -in fact their win streak started when he went down!-, Curry of course is a non factor to us. This deal saves Charlotte 1.8 million and for a broke franchise that helps out a whole lot!

Augistine/Douglas
Manu (signed for 11 million remaining )/Douglas
Gallo/Manu
Lee/Bosh/Gallo
Bosh/Tyson Chandler

likelyhood 40%
dude Wilson is only 23 and he is nasty...I would have to be a fool to trade him unless we get some fantastic draft pick or great player in return...Wilson is going to be REALLY good...give him time.