Good News: Look like we will keep LEE

dave2138

Rotation player
This was pretty obvious...if Walsh didn't want Lee on this team next year he would have traded him already.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Oh man, if I have to go another 5 or 6 years watching David Lee be the starting center of the Knicks I will go crazy.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
If Knicks are going to sign LeBron or Wade, Lee + 7 millions more in capspace to use in a deeper bench is a LOT better option than Bosh.

Lee for 9.5 million > Bosh for 16.5 million. Hands down.

Bosh deffense isn't any great, he won't be such a huge upgrade. He is better than Lee, of course, but not 7 million of capspace better.

I'd only give FA max sallaries to LeBron or Wade. Specially if TMac continues like yesterday and we can resign him with a cheaper contract (that seems he'd accept happily if LeBron or Wade land here).

Paul1355

All Star
If Knicks are going to sign LeBron or Wade, Lee + 7 millions more in capspace to use in a deeper bench is a LOT better option than Bosh.

Lee for 9.5 million > Bosh for 16.5 million. Hands down.

Bosh deffense isn't any great, he won't be such a huge upgrade. He is better than Lee, of course, but not 7 million of capspace better.

I'd only give FA max sallaries to LeBron or Wade. Specially if TMac continues like yesterday and we can resign him with a cheaper contract (that seems he'd accept happily if LeBron or Wade land here).

i agree...Bosh is better than Lee but for the huge difference in money I'd rather have Lee, who has improved every year, on this Knicks team.

What we need to do is hopefully resign T Mac and Lee....get a Max FA and sign a shot blocking Center that can rebound at a high level and play 30 min per game.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Well then hopefully we get Camby.

Camby or Tyrus Thomas can be signed this summer. Sign Camby for a year and then Curry's contract is gone to sign a young C. Maybe a trade for Thabeet or Oden (if he can stay healthy) can be made this summer or before next years deadline.

Thought we had a deal on the table with Chicago which would have been good if they accepted since it looks like Harrington's minutes will drop with Mcgrady, Gallo, and Chandler getting 30+ mins.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
I love Thabeet as a long term project, I don't know if he'd be useful enough in attack by next year, but he's rocking in D the little time he has. I don't buy the bust thing, he'll be kicking asses in 2-3 years.

hold on wait a minute.

LEE a now all star is going to resign for only a million dollars more than what he is making this year ?.

Who got this information and what is your source.

Lee will sign for no less than 11-12 mil over 5 years.

If Milsaip, Boozer, and Elton brand make that kind of money

So will Lee.

we are not getting him for 8-9.

dre48ny

Rotation player
hold on wait a minute.

LEE a now all star is going to resign for only a million dollars more than what he is making this year ?.

So will Lee.

Yup, why would he sign for so little. The thunder will bid for his services, teams that miss out on the other free agents will bid for his services.
No way he signs for 9 mil.

Lee is playing very well and his all-star selection validates that his work is being recognized.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
hold on wait a minute.

So will Lee.

I don't think he will sign for less than 9mill/year but he could sign a contract starting at 9mill/year.

''At the end of the day, it's not going to come down to money but what direction the Knicks want to go in the future," said Lee. "And a lot of it is what LeBron and the top three guys, LeBron, Bosh, [Dwyane] Wade, do.
"I love it here in New York," he added. "It's been my home for five years. ... I hope to be here in the future."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree...Bosh is better than Lee but for the huge difference in money I'd rather have Lee, who has improved every year, on this Knicks team.

What we need to do is hopefully resign T Mac and Lee....get a Max FA and sign a shot blocking Center that can rebound at a high level and play 30 min per game.

i agree 100% id rather have a superstar with a lower level superstar ( tmac ) and a great player in Lee we'd have a complete team rather then 2 superstars and bums around them

i gotta hunch we resign Tmac and Lee

nk11

Benchwarmer
sign tmac and lee, get camby to play center and a younger guy behind him. try for bron/wade/etc. but i think with tmac's point forward ability id rather wait till next year for melo(if he doesnt reup by then). i think with lee on nuggets complimenting kmart's d theyd be a problem for the lakers...

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
sign tmac and lee, get camby to play center and a younger guy behind him. try for bron/wade/etc. but i think with tmac's point forward ability id rather wait till next year for melo(if he doesnt reup by then). i think with lee on nuggets complimenting kmart's d theyd be a problem for the lakers...

agree we sign Camby for a year and let Curry's contract expire so we can sign or trade for a young C.

dont care what Lee can do for the nuggets; only care what he does for the Knicks...

nk11

Benchwarmer
agree we sign Camby for a year and let Curry's contract expire so we can sign or trade for a young C.

dont care what Lee can do for the nuggets; only care what he does for the Knicks...

pointing out the fact that he'd fit with melo, but word fcuk the nuggets.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
A player with Lee's capabilities is worth more than 9 mil, he's in the 11-13M, range, he's been a mainstay for years and deserves to be rewarded as such.