Knicks 2010 summer plan's

Mizzou

Rookie
I just joined this forum. I am 31 years old, and have been a huge NBA fan since the late 80s. I live in Missouri, thus have no NBA team to root for. I lived in Washington DC in 1999 (in NYC the summer of 2000), and fell in love with the Knicks... I have even took a train myself to MSG and scalped a ticket to game 4 against the Spurs. Obviously with the Knicks not being very good, it's been hard to really keep up with them. That said, I really want to follow an NBA team.. and make them MY TEAM... like the Mizzou Tigers, STL Cards, Rams. Okay, sorry to bore you... but just different than most of you.

What are the realistic chances the Knicks end up with either Bron or Wade? Take the fan glasses off, and what is the general thought. I realize nobody is in the minds of either of these two players.

Is it pretty much guaranteed that the Knicks will get "somebody" pretty darn good... meaning if no Bron or Wade... Johnson or Bosh would be backup plans. I look at Amare and Boozer as sidekicks only.

I know this sounds like a bandwagon fan, but hey, I want on YOUR bandwagon. I love the city of NYC... and I think it would be really cool to follow the Knicks like they were the St Louis Knicks.

Do Knick fans think a turnaround is coming?

jpz17

Starter
I just joined this forum. I am 31 years old, and have been a huge NBA fan since the late 80s. I live in Missouri, thus have no NBA team to root for. I lived in Washington DC in 1999 (in NYC the summer of 2000), and fell in love with the Knicks... I have even took a train myself to MSG and scalped a ticket to game 4 against the Spurs. Obviously with the Knicks not being very good, it's been hard to really keep up with them. That said, I really want to follow an NBA team.. and make them MY TEAM... like the Mizzou Tigers, STL Cards, Rams. Okay, sorry to bore you... but just different than most of you.

What are the realistic chances the Knicks end up with either Bron or Wade? Take the fan glasses off, and what is the general thought. I realize nobody is in the minds of either of these two players.

Is it pretty much guaranteed that the Knicks will get "somebody" pretty darn good... meaning if no Bron or Wade... Johnson or Bosh would be backup plans. I look at Amare and Boozer as sidekicks only.

I know this sounds like a bandwagon fan, but hey, I want on YOUR bandwagon. I love the city of NYC... and I think it would be really cool to follow the Knicks like they were the St Louis Knicks.

wow.. everyone is joining lately

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
complete bullshit, i dont think that if we dont get lebron it wont be a fail for us i want bosh and to build a complete team not just a 2 player superstar team with a bunch of fill in's we gotta build a TEAM if we wanna be more then just a playoff team.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player

Yeah..... you can leave now

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Really interesting article. A great breakdown of possible scenarios. I really don't want to offer Max contracts to unworthy players.

I also disagree that if we don't get any of the big three, that we will resort to signing players to justify getting the cap space. But it's great to have options come this summer.

It's going to get crazy after this season/post season is over. Be ready to hear a lot of this what I heard or this is what's going to happen. But nonetheless this is going to be an exciting summer. Hopefully, :crossfingers:.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
2010-2011

i really hope the knicks take the right desicions this 2010. If we cant get the players we want (lebron,wade or bosh) then whats the rush. the knicks can sign and trade for good supporting players and go for the big prize of 2011 (Carmelo or Kevin D.) I'd rather have Melo than Lebron.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we miss out on LeBron, no big deal. Cap space isn't only useful for signing LeBron, it gives us flexibility that we currently don't have. We can take shots at Carmelo and CP3 and Durant in the future if we have to.

Goodfella

Rookie
i really hope the knicks take the right desicions this 2010. If we cant get the players we want (lebron,wade or bosh) then whats the rush. the knicks can sign and trade for good supporting players and go for the big prize of 2011 (Carmelo or Kevin D.) I'd rather have Melo than Lebron.

No. (10 char)

iSaYughh

Starter
Jesus. The amount of underrated that Lebron is on this forum by some people is mind boggling.

Melo > Lebron? Would smmfh even come close to doing justice?

We don't want to be just "some playoff team" with "just some superstar(s)". Jesus.

If we get Lebron....let alone Lebron + Bosh, which is the imminently likely situation for "just two superstars"....we are the best team in the league. Period. Vegas will have us going all the way. For this year. And the next 5+.

Please look at what Lebron has done for the mf'ing Cavs the past several years. And he hasn't had anybody come close to approximating the talent and game of Bosh alongside him.

We're going to be adding a SG in all liklihood, too -- a la Rudy. Not to mention we *will* be trading for a gaming big with our bigtime assets of Curry/Chandler/Douglas (and picks).

Even if we don't do shit else...which isn't going to happen because we have the $, we have the assets, and we will have the franchise, we would have, with "just two superstars":

PG Serg
SG Chandler
SF Lebron
PF Gallo
C Bosh
6th Douglas

Arguably the best team in the league already, and certainly the best FRANCHISE.

If we "just" get Lebron & Co. we aren't just "some playoff team". Even if *nothing* else happens (which won't happen). smh.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

I think the issue most people on here will have with you is that you are making yourself out to be only interested in following the Knicks again because they actually have a realistic shot at being a good team again for the first time in about a decade. That's a little hard to take for most people on here, who have loyally supported and followed the team over this past decade of futility. I mean, you are writing to a fanbase who has put up with almost 10 years of our team not even winning half of it's games. As for me, I love people to support the team (and as a NY sports fan in general, I particulary enjoy out of towners supporting NY teams), so I don't have a big issue with it. The one thing I'd say is, if you do jump on the bandwagon, stay on no matter where the ride takes you. If they end up sucking again 5 years down the road, stay committed. Because the thing is, when you do stay committed to a team through the rough times, when the good times finally come, the experience is that much sweeter and more enjoyable for you.

Goodfella

Rookie
I think the issue most people on here will have with you is that you are making yourself out to be only interested in following the Knicks again because they actually have a realistic shot at being a good team again for the first time in about a decade. That's a little hard to take for most people on here, who have loyally supported and followed the team over this past decade of futility. I mean, you are writing to a fanbase who has put up with almost 10 years of our team not even winning half of it's games. As for me, I love people to support the team (and as a NY sports fan in general, I particulary enjoy out of towners supporting NY teams), so I don't have a big issue with it. The one thing I'd say is, if you do jump on the bandwagon, stay on no matter where the ride takes you. If they end up sucking again 5 years down the road, stay committed. Because the thing is, when you do stay committed to a team through the rough times, when the good times finally come, the experience is that much sweeter and more enjoyable for you.

amen. (10char)

Goodfella

Rookie
i read this whole article...pretty good like you said.

This guy pretty much lays out all the possible scenrios.

I hope we do something this summer...just get one good guy and a center...all i ask for...we need defense and a leader.

Yea, I thought the same. It gives us NYK fan's a lot to think about with players who we may require during the summer and a bunch of different scenarios. I'll do more searching for articles to share with everyone here.