It all starts with mcgrady

spiegel8

Rookie
Look whilst i can certianly understand and appreciate that that was his 3rd game back, i cannot accept or undersand his downright passive mentality. as the supposed best player, you have to set and lead by example. How you lead is how everyone will follow. to shoot the ball only 8 times in 28 minutes of gametime is just appaling for someone as gifted as he is.It really is.However, everytime that he looked to attack the basket, he scored. he had a very nice one hand reverse on KG's grill. he also had that one drop step post move that had the boston announcers gushing. if i'm coach D, i'm pulling him aside and will start harping on the need that mcgrady must act like a leader. great players take the game by the scuff of the neck . he cant just play the role of a role player. he needs to start being more forcefull on offense. who would you rathar be taking the shots, harrington or mcgrady?.

X-FACTOR

Rookie
Look whilst i can certianly understand and appreciate that that was his 3rd game back, i cannot accept or undersand his downright passive mentality. as the supposed best player, you have to set and lead by example. How you lead is how everyone will follow. to shoot the ball only 8 times in 28 minutes of gametime is just appaling for someone as gifted as he is.It really is.However, everytime that he looked to attack the basket, he scored. he had a very nice one hand reverse on KG's grill. he also had that one drop step post move that had the boston announcers gushing. if i'm coach D, i'm pulling him aside and will start harping on the need that mcgrady must act like a leader. great players take the game by the scuff of the neck . he cant just play the role of a role player. he needs to start being more forcefull on offense. who would you rathar be taking the shots, harrington or mcgrady?.

I know where you're coming from. I thought he did a good job though not forcing the issue against a team that defends him very well.The celtics Defensive coach was an assistant to JVG in houston.So he knows TMAC's game like the back of his palm.They really trapped him on the pick and roll and always have someone waiting in his driving lanes.But 8 attempts is just unacceptable.He's not paid to shoot that little.But great job anyway on finding his teamates.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
who would you rathar be taking the shots, harrington or mcgrady?.
The one who is more open. LOL

Look, I think, I see, that he's completely out of physical form. He made 8 assist tough, it's pretty damn good for 27 minutes. I don't expect him to be the Orlando T-Mac again, but let's have patience. Once he gets rythm, he'll be rocking again.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I think he's being passive because he's trying to fit in with the rest of his teammates. He would be despised by the others if he started hogging the ball.

i know why you feel the need to complain, but that just gives every reason to assume the fact that t-mac is a very unselfish type of player. YOu sould keep intact that it is his third game back, but also the fact that he hasnt had anytime yet to go through a practice session with his teammates. I think you should just give it time. T-mac still needs to gain some of his confidence back, but on a positive note he did play a back to back and seemed to be moving pretty well even if he didnt score much.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
I think we all want to see Mcgrady more aggressive but as he gets more in game shape that will come. Thats just the type of player he is and think he will still be able to be after like he said "two weeks".

nyk_nyk

All Star
T-Mac is still trying to get in game shape. He's coming off an injury and hasn't played much the last two seasons. He's a smart player and knows it won't benefit him or the team by trying to do things his body might not allow him to do right now, so instead he's being a facilitator and choosing his spots when its time to score.

I actually think he's doing a good job so far. He's a great talent who is also a willing passer so its important for the team to get familiar with that part of his game as well. If any of you watched his post game interview then you would know that he feels it will take about two weeks for his conditioning to be up to par. If you really want him to thrive here then why have him push himself so hard right out the gate and risk re-injuring himself? Let the man come along gradually and when his body is fully ready he will turn it up.

Also, T-Mac plays with more control than Dantoni's offense allows. The SSOL has very little discipline and T-Mac is too smart to totally change his game to fit that broken offense, so look for him to occasionally slow the ball down and create good shots instead of throwing up 3s.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> T-Mac is still trying to get in game shape. He's coming off an injury and hasn't played much the last two seasons. He's a smart player and knows it won't benefit him or the team by trying to do things his body might not allow him to do right now, so instead he's being a facilitator and choosing his spots when its time to score.

Preeeeeeeeeeeecisely!

Paul1355

All Star

McGrady can't really take over games if he has a bum knee that is still not 100%...by the way...leading by exmaple can also come from the 8 assists he had last game.

He can't always win, it's up to guys like Chandler, Gallo, and Harrington to step up and be consistent, which they have not been.

McGrady and Lee have been fine and work god together, Chandler has been good but Gallo and Harrington need to wake up and stop bricking.

Starks

Starter
If this is the type of misguided ramblings all these newbies are going to bring to the site, I think we're going to have to start some kind of probation period.

First of all, TMac shouldn't have even been playing last night.

Second of all, he lead the Knicks in assists.

Let's get that out of the way.

One of the best things about TMac is that he is said to have really high basketball IQ and finds ways to impact games without scoring. That's not something that can be said for many all stars.

He obviously told himself, "I'm gona take it easy tonight and get to know my teamates." Attacking the basket would have killed his legs and put him on the sidelines for a week or two. He should have sat out, but the fact that he played speaks more about his desire and heart to be out there on the court.

Come on man

engr_alex

Rookie
actually there was an interviewcoming into the game (or was it after?) that tmac said hewanted to play more of a facilitator for the game because of him banging his knees and might not be able to look for his shots.

one thing i like about tmac (which drives a lot of other people crazy) is him being upfront and totally honest with his interviews. like when he said after the game that he didnt have the confidence in making the game tying 3ptshot. man, those houston fans are getting all riled up with that one.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If this is the type of misguided ramblings all these newbies are going to bring to the site, I think we're going to have to start some kind of probation period.

First of all, TMac shouldn't have even been playing last night.

Second of all, he lead the Knicks in assists.

Let's get that out of the way.

One of the best things about TMac is that he is said to have really high basketball IQ and finds ways to impact games without scoring. That's not something that can be said for many all stars.

He obviously told himself, "I'm gona take it easy tonight and get to know my teamates." Attacking the basket would have killed his legs and put him on the sidelines for a week or two. He should have sat out, but the fact that he played speaks more about his desire and heart to be out there on the court.

Come on man

Co-sign, these newbie-started threads get more ridicolous by the second.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

Easy on the newbie criticism. Not all newbies came to this site because of T-Mac. Those who did are probably overly passionate about T-Mac and could care less about how the team does.

Then again a little enthusiasm never hurts anyone. Annoying but no harm done.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
actually u want to see him PASS MORE especially cuz he's coming off an injury and has been shooting low %'s last few seasons

in 3 gms he's @ 46%, thats from being patient and taking better shots through teamwork

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He was limping in his second game back.He's doing a very good job.Gallo is the one I want to see kick some ass.McGrady shows you don't have to be fast to be agressive.Gallo has some skills, needs to start using them again.

houston fans are just drama queens right now. The guy hasnt played significant minutes in over a year and they are getting on him because he said he doesnt have his confidence back or the fact that he wants to play between 20-25 mins for now. I mean the guy only hurt his knee because he banged it, not becuase he couldnt take it, and he was moving Ok the next game, i didnt see him limping at all against boston

Give the guy a break

Give T-mac a break guys. After not having played for some time, it can take its toll on a player. Most guys hating on T-mac prolly haven't played competitive ball which explains why they expect so much from him. This is not NBA Live you know.

TinmanJr

Rookie
An observatiion

He was limping in his second game back.He's doing a very good job.Gallo is the one I want to see kick some ass.McGrady shows you don't have to be fast to be agressive.Gallo has some skills, needs to start using them again.
The T-mac pick up was not a bad move but I believe we gave up to much for a chance at the FA sweepstakes. What DW has failed to address is the gaping hole in the middle. None of the FA will solve that problem. I like the nucleus of Srod Tmac, Gallo and Lee and Chandler. Also the SF is locked with Gallo and Chandler. PG S-Rod doesn't know the plays but at least he penetrates. Lee is the ultimate knick, he can not be blamed for his defensive liabilites when the coach doesn't stress "D". He has improved his game each year. Curry should be given a chance at center, he was an offensive threat under Isiah. True it will be a weak defensive front but he can and will draw fouls. Then we can have all of spring training to teach him how to work out of a double team. A FA that complements the players we have and a big that plays D.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Press Harder, Fourth Copy Is Yours

The season is over boys, Big Mac, or T-Mac, we just got a a little Happy Meal, let to better guards go along with any attempt by the team and trades to strive for anything until the off season. Look, we go end up February with ONE WIN. I can remember Robinson and Hughes pulling us out of one worst starts in Knicks history.
If your looking for improvement, buck up for "next year" again.
Nate to Boston and watch Hughes land in Charlotte, since St Louis Rapper
Nelly has had partial ownership.
We all know that Duhon, Nate, Hughes and T-Mac is not a point guard going foward; But we cold have made the playoffs without the full montly DNP

One rough year,took several months, team chemistry was great in December and early January, now we see what was the results of that brilliant head games action, absolutely nothing gained, not in wins and worse, lt in any signings to play with this idiot.:afro:

spiegel8

Rookie
Guys, i'm a tmac fan and thats why i'm here. i just think he can score more if he wanted to. see those drives on kg and the beautifull drop step shot?. he can score on those shots easily and not many people can stop him. anyway, i think he needs another 2 weeks to get his fitness up and maybe he'll be less passive.

btw, i was'nt trying to bring down the level of the board, if i did then i'm sorry.

Last edited: