How many of you will have a problem with ppl jumping on the Knicks wagon this summer?

johnstarky

Rotation player
As we already know, the NBA is a league in which people root for individual athletes rather than the 12 players that complete a roster and we also know there is a great possibility that if the Knicks acquire King James or another superstar this summer, a great Knick epidemic will sweep across New York City.There will be newly devoted Knick fans who will claim that they've been Knick fans their entire lives.Even the amount of members on this forum will triple or quadruple.

My question for you life long Knick fans who don't root for the Knicks because they're everybody's favorite team is...Will watching these people, who never had real passion for the Knicks, exasperate you? Will it bother you to see people root for the Knicks because of Lebron James or because they'd be a winning team? I know there are a number of you here who have a problem with the idea of people, who haven't watched a Knick game in the last 10 years, jumping on the bandwagon of the Knicks.But the reason I created this thread was to see how most of you stand on this issue.I personally, would feel offended by the front running crowd if they were to appear out of the blue this summer.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I`ve only been following basketball for two years and therefore have only been following the Knicks for two years. I started watching the NBA because we suddenly had some on TV late night here in England and realised that I really enjoyed the sport and have been addicted ever since.

Now that we don`t have any NBA on TV anymore I pay to have an NBA Broadband league pass, it`s pricey but it`s worth it.

I wouldn`t consider myself a bandwagon supporter because I began supporting the Knicks two years ago. We weren`t successful then and aren`t now. Neither can I claim to be a supporter on the level like a lot of people here because many of you have been lifelong supporters and many of you have ties to the city or something else which makes you "true" supporters.

Just out of interest how do people who have supported the Knicks all of their lives view me as a Knicks fan because I have only followed them for two years since I "discovered" my passion for the game?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I`ve only been following basketball for two years and therefore have only been following the Knicks for two years. I started watching the NBA because we suddenly had some on TV late night here in England and realised that I really enjoyed the sport and have been addicted ever since.

Now that we don`t have any NBA on TV anymore I pay to have an NBA Broadband league pass, it`s pricey but it`s worth it.

I wouldn`t consider myself a bandwagon supporter because I began supporting the Knicks two years ago. We weren`t successful then and aren`t now. Neither can I claim to be a supporter on the level like a lot of people here because many of you have been lifelong supporters and many of you have ties to the city or something else which makes you "true" supporters.

Just out of interest how do people who have supported the Knicks all of their lives view me as a Knicks fan because I have only followed them for two years since I "discovered" my passion for the game?

If you started following the Knicks because there was something about them that attracted you, even though they were a losing team, then I don't think you're a bandwagoner.Usually bandwagoners are those who root for teams because they're good.I would consider you just as much of a Knick fan as everyone else who posts on this website.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
epidemic will sweep across New York City

I think you're forgetting the rest of the known universe.

I guess it's kinda gay. Not gonna get out the territorial pissings though.

Won't stop me from routing for the same team I've been supporting for 20 years.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of people who've been backing the Knicks through the hard times that just can't contain their excitement if all goes according plan.

What would be a shame for Rady and the others involved with starting this site would be if long term posters started abusing new posters that don't deserve it.

As for the obvious bandwagoners that don't know shit but act like fools on here, I'll be the first to whip out the profanities.

Isn't there already a thread exactly like this one anyway?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I think you're forgetting the rest of the known universe.

I guess it's kinda gay. Not gonna get out the territorial pissings though.

Won't stop me from routing for the same team I've been supporting for 20 years.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of people who've been backing the Knicks through the hard times that just can't contain their excitement if all goes according plan.

What would be a shame for Rady and the others involved with starting this site would be if long term posters started abusing new posters that don't deserve it.

As for the obvious bandwagoners that don't know shit but act like fools on here, I'll be the first to whip out the profanities.

Isn't there already a thread exactly like this one anyway?

I was going to include non New Yorkers, but since I'm from NYC and have encountered many bandwagoners there, I'm suspecting that the majority of those who will probably show up at MSG, to root for Lebron James, will be New Yorkers.It would be similar to the thousands of Bostonians who became Celtic fans after the Celtics acquired KG.

Yes there was a similar thread related to this topic, but I wanted to ask Knick fans about this issue in order to get some further opinions from them.