The Future of the New York Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Piece of advice...invest in your own domain. If you are going to go through the trouble of creating content and driving traffic to your blog might as well earn something from it. I am doing something similar for politics and bought my own domain, http://dropdeadpolitics.com/. Owning your own domain is the only way to eventually monetize your blog and earn money off of ads and affiliate programs.

Either way, I like the ambition...

metrocard

Legend
Piece of advice...invest in your own domain. If you are going to go through the trouble of creating content and driving traffic to your blog might as well earn something from it. I am doing something similar for politics and bought my own domain, http://dropdeadpolitics.com/. Owning your own domain is the only way to eventually monetize your blog and earn money off of ads and affiliate programs.

Either way, I like the ambition...

I do it for the love.
Not for the money.

metrocard

Legend
Nice read, metro.I like this approach on the Knicks.Hope to see more blogs from you.

I'll see what I can do, my time is cut short with all the training and school I got up my butt. I was lucky to get this article out this week.

I will be presenting a lot of good stuff on potential 2nd round picks Knicks can grab.

Also the site is providing insight on the Yankees, Mets, Jets and Giants...and I guess the Nets too if you count them...lol.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good read, only thing with Johnson and Gay is that I wouldn't want to give them max money. But I honestly would cry if we gave up David Lee lol. So many people on this forum can't stand him and I can't understand why. We brought him up from nothing! He's worked his ass off and look at how much better he's gotten. I'm positive that if he works his ass of this summer he can improve his defense a little, just like the way he attained his mid-range jump shot. So I agree with you that I'd want to keep him. Gallo will be a star though, he'll be a first option type talent in the future.

metrocard

Legend
Good read, only thing with Johnson and Gay is that I wouldn't want to give them max money. But I honestly would cry if we gave up David Lee lol. So many people on this forum can't stand him and I can't understand why. We brought him up from nothing! He's worked his ass off and look at how much better he's gotten. I'm positive that if he works his ass of this summer he can improve his defense a little, just like the way he attained his mid-range jump shot. So I agree with you that I'd want to keep him. Gallo will be a star though, he'll be a first option type talent in the future.

I want to keep Lee also because he's homegrown, and I can't imagine him in any other uniform besides the Knicks.

Plus, he's an efficient all star center who can play point forward and can be one of the best rebounders in the NBA.

Another than his defense, his game is quality.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Metrocard I like your blog a lot. I feel you. But I dont think this is the "quick fix" I think it is. Isiah team building approach was a quick fix. You do have to be a player in the free agent market.

Donnie is very thorough. If we don't get the big, thats fine. Summer 2010 means we have to get better players. That's all it really means. If Lebron wants to come, we gotta bring him in, but if the big fishes want to stay thats fine with me. It will be more enjoyable when we destroy them.

Side note, let's just get along guys, I rather be talkin about each others moms than our ethnicity and history.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Metrocard I like your blog a lot. I feel you. But I dont think this is the "quick fix" I think it is. Isiah team building approach was a quick fix. You do have to be a player in the free agent market.

Donnie is very thorough. If we don't get the big, thats fine. Summer 2010 means we have to get better players. That's all it really means. If Lebron wants to come, we gotta bring him in, but if the big fishes want to stay thats fine with me. It will be more enjoyable when we destroy them.

Side note, let's just get along guys, I rather be talkin about each others moms than our ethnicity and history.

We are going to need one of those "big fishes" if we are to contend with any championship caliber team. So, if we don't get Lebron or Wade this offseason, then donnie failed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We are going to need one of those "big fishes" if we are to contend with any championship caliber team. So, if we don't get Lebron or Wade this offseason, then donnie failed.
Of course we need a big fish. What team has ever won without at least one.

But that doesn't = a failure. To turn around this franchise after Isiah shat all through it is next in line to walking on water in the bible's miracle list. Seriously, they had to edit it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dude you worked extra hard, felt proud and ran to post your blog for all to see. Your blog is about the future of the Knicks and this is the lineup you come up with:

I can honestly feel comfortable with a line up of:

PG - Sergio Rodriguez
SG - Tracy McGrady
SF - Bill Walker
PF - Danilo Gallinari
C - David Lee

6th man - Wilson Chandler
Backup guard - Eddie House

That is our squad now! LOL, dude went hard at trying to strategize our future and came up with that! He shuffled our existing players...great blog dude! :teeth:

P.S. Your favorite basketball player is Marbury and plan for the future hinges on Isiah's players. You have zero bball cred at this point. Someone ban this raton and take away his Knicks card. I heard the Nets forum is auditioning...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Of course we need a big fish. What team has ever won without at least one.

I was responding to blumatic's post. It's obvious that we need a "big fish" to win a title.

But that doesn't = a failure. To turn around this franchise after Isiah shat all through it is next in line to walking on water in the bible's miracle list. Seriously, they had to edit it.

If donnie's plan is to get Lebron or Wade in the 2010 off-season, and he doesn't acquire either one, then he has failed.

KBlack25

Starter
Nice blog entry...I agree with the premise, but I'm not sure I'd be okay with your starting 5. I never thought we needed to make a big splash this off-season prior to the Jefferies trade. I agree, I would have liked to rebuild via the draft the way OKC has done.

I think if we could have landed a guy like Luis Scola or Marcus Camby to play C and FINALLY move Lee to be a real PF (I know, Jefferies started at C, but he guarded PGs, leaving the big men for Lee to guard) as well as a PG like Ray Felton (or even if we could have made a trade for just Sergio Rodriguez) while keeping our picks, we would be in a pretty decent situation soon. I've stated over and over (and you've reiterated) that it takes a while to actually rebuild through the draft, but it's very do-able if you just look around the league. It sucks b/c Isiah had us in the shitter for 5 or 6 years, trying to rebuild the WRONG way (by trading for over-paid, past-their-prime "stars"), we had a chance to rebuild the right way.

Problem is, New York fans (not everyone, and certainly not everyone on this board) are generally impatient, unwilling to wait for change to come. They want shit done yesterday. I have a few friends that don't follow basketball all that closely who, before the trade deadline, were counting on LeBron coming to NY and some of whom after the trade deadline that didn't realize Jefferies being traded opened up a chance for 2 max that we didn't have before. In short, most Knicks coverage and "fans" have fallen by the wayside, but after the media pumps up LeBron in 2010, everything else would be a bust and a waste of the last two years. It's funny because you hear a lot of the commentators on the radio say "We've been fed this LeBron stuff for the past 2 years." In my recollection, Donnie never mentioned LeBron specifically, he only mentioned cap flexibility, it's the media that created these lofty expectations.

In any case, at the trade deadline we really had two choices:

1) Stay put, keep our picks, rebuild slowly and get some supporting pieces in with the cap space we had (pissing off many fans who expected LeBron or a big superstar and starting a media shit-storm); or

2) Go for broke and try and get 2 superstars (and, if we get them, attract fans back to the Garden)

Quite frankly, Knicks management does not care about my dollar, they do not care about the dollar of really anyone reading this. My dollar will go to the Knicks, it has been and it always will. The fact that you are on this board reading this means you can support this team in its darkest era, the Knicks brass does not need to KEEP your dollar coming in, it always will. They care about attracting the casual fan, the one that always thought we were definitely getting LeBron, the one that does not follow the team closely, the one that used to spend money until 1999, then started spending it on the Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils or whomever. They care about recouping THAT dollar. To me, it seems like the deal at the deadline with Houston and Sacto were about going for broke, putting all the chips in and going after LeBron because that's what the CASUAL fan expects.

I think the hardcore fans, those of us that have stuck with the team through all the garbage, they knew would be here any way. I personally would have preferred building through the draft like the Thunder did and like the Bulls did. But I see the allure, I see the reason the Knicks front office felt as though they HAD to make the trade, and HAD to make a SERIOUS play for LeBron NOW.

But all in all, a very good and interesting blog post. How would you feel, though, about this team bringing in a couple good centers (Scola and Camby would be my choices) so that Lee can be a true PF, where he really belongs, resigning T-Mac at low cost, trading Wil The Thrill for a draft pick and maybe a scoring-PG that can split minutes with Rodriguez (because, let's admit it, Rodriguez is pretty good, but very limited on offense)?

PG - Rodriguez/?
SG - McGrady
SF - Gallinari
PF - Lee
C - Scola/Camby

metrocard

Legend
Nice blog entry...I agree with the premise, but I'm not sure I'd be okay with your starting 5. I never thought we needed to make a big splash this off-season prior to the Jefferies trade. I agree, I would have liked to rebuild via the draft the way OKC has done.

I think if we could have landed a guy like Luis Scola or Marcus Camby to play C and FINALLY move Lee to be a real PF (I know, Jefferies started at C, but he guarded PGs, leaving the big men for Lee to guard) as well as a PG like Ray Felton (or even if we could have made a trade for just Sergio Rodriguez) while keeping our picks, we would be in a pretty decent situation soon. I've stated over and over (and you've reiterated) that it takes a while to actually rebuild through the draft, but it's very do-able if you just look around the league. It sucks b/c Isiah had us in the shitter for 5 or 6 years, trying to rebuild the WRONG way (by trading for over-paid, past-their-prime "stars"), we had a chance to rebuild the right way.

Problem is, New York fans (not everyone, and certainly not everyone on this board) are generally impatient, unwilling to wait for change to come. They want shit done yesterday. I have a few friends that don't follow basketball all that closely who, before the trade deadline, were counting on LeBron coming to NY and some of whom after the trade deadline that didn't realize Jefferies being traded opened up a chance for 2 max that we didn't have before. In short, most Knicks coverage and "fans" have fallen by the wayside, but after the media pumps up LeBron in 2010, everything else would be a bust and a waste of the last two years. It's funny because you hear a lot of the commentators on the radio say "We've been fed this LeBron stuff for the past 2 years." In my recollection, Donnie never mentioned LeBron specifically, he only mentioned cap flexibility, it's the media that created these lofty expectations.

In any case, at the trade deadline we really had two choices:

1) Stay put, keep our picks, rebuild slowly and get some supporting pieces in with the cap space we had (pissing off many fans who expected LeBron or a big superstar and starting a media shit-storm); or

2) Go for broke and try and get 2 superstars (and, if we get them, attract fans back to the Garden)

Quite frankly, Knicks management does not care about my dollar, they do not care about the dollar of really anyone reading this. My dollar will go to the Knicks, it has been and it always will. The fact that you are on this board reading this means you can support this team in its darkest era, the Knicks brass does not need to KEEP your dollar coming in, it always will. They care about attracting the casual fan, the one that always thought we were definitely getting LeBron, the one that does not follow the team closely, the one that used to spend money until 1999, then started spending it on the Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils or whomever. They care about recouping THAT dollar. To me, it seems like the deal at the deadline with Houston and Sacto were about going for broke, putting all the chips in and going after LeBron because that's what the CASUAL fan expects.

I think the hardcore fans, those of us that have stuck with the team through all the garbage, they knew would be here any way. I personally would have preferred building through the draft like the Thunder did and like the Bulls did. But I see the allure, I see the reason the Knicks front office felt as though they HAD to make the trade, and HAD to make a SERIOUS play for LeBron NOW.

But all in all, a very good and interesting blog post. How would you feel, though, about this team bringing in a couple good centers (Scola and Camby would be my choices) so that Lee can be a true PF, where he really belongs, resigning T-Mac at low cost, trading Wil The Thrill for a draft pick and maybe a scoring-PG that can split minutes with Rodriguez (because, let's admit it, Rodriguez is pretty good, but very limited on offense)?

PG - Rodriguez/?
SG - McGrady
SF - Gallinari
PF - Lee
C - Scola/Camby

I really like this line up...enough ball for everyone and has potential for a lot of chemistry.

Camby is getting old, but the idea is there.
Get a shot blocking rebounding center to help out Lee, and we got a team.

KBlack25

Starter
I really like this line up...enough ball for everyone and has potential for a lot of chemistry.

Camby is getting old, but the idea is there.
Get a shot blocking rebounding center to help out Lee, and we got a team.

That's exactly my thought...get Lee some help down-low so he isn't forced to guard the opponent's big man every single God-damn night. Guy STILL averages a ton of boards guarding centers, he can do some REAL damage if he isn't asked to carry the weight of guarding a center every night.

And yeah, I know Camby is getting old, but he's my favorite player so it'd be nice to see him back in orange 'n blue, wishful thinking I suppose.

metrocard

Legend
No doubt, Camby is an underrated NBA player who's been playing too many times. Crazy how teams easily give up a defensive player of the year type talent.

I'm still on the search for a prospect out there who can play next to Lee and who we can grab to play at center.

Alexis Ajinca, JaValee McGee are two long centers who can block shots and got skills...Ajinca is someone we can take.

Serge Ibaka is another guy I've been scouting...he's a freakish athlete, Josh Smith like.

Status
Not open for further replies.