Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stat + Gay

• Bosh + Johnson

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Everyone has an opinion on whether LeBron James will leave Cleveland and head to the Knicks this summer. Tracy McGrady doesn't think they're worth too much.
The Knicks are in Cleveland tonight to face James and the Cavaliers for the final time this season, and yesterday McGrady said he rejects the notion that the Knicks need to prove to James that they're a worthy destination.
"Do I buy into it? No," he said. "Nobody knows what LeBron James is going to do but LeBron James. No. We can't control that. We have no control over that. The Knicks did what they had to do to try to make this franchise better, and that's clear some cap space to bring some players in here to turn this franchise around."

tracy_mcgrady--300x300.jpg

n his introductory press conference with the Knicks on Feb. 19, McGrady -- also a free agent this summer -- said he would take less money to stay with the Knicks, if they added two elite free agents this summer.
Yesterday McGrady said he would be willing to recruit James this summer, though it's hard to envision that happening because McGrady won't necessarily know if he will be with the team. Either way, he became the latest to gush about New York City and what it offers.
"I would like to play with a lot of those guys that are going to be a free agent," McGrady said. "And I'm sure this is a very attractive place to play. You have the bright lights, big stage every night. You've got the most passionate fans in basketball. And this is the mecca of basketball. This is it. So very attractive place, and I'm sure a lot of guys will definitely consider that."
McGrady still is trying to get healthy. He missed the entire second half of Saturday's 120-109 loss to the Grizzlies because of left knee pain, and he has been in and out of the lineup since joining the Knicks.
McGrady said yesterday he is fine, and that he was simply tired from playing four games in six days. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said he estimates McGrady will play 20 minutes tonight. But there's no assurance that McGrady's tired legs won't limit his playing time again.

ALSO:

CLEVELAND - Suddenly, the possibility of LeBron James leaving at the end of the season is not the Cavaliers' only problem.

Shaquille O'Neal will undergo surgery Monday to repair his injured right thumb and could miss the rest of the season.

The Cavs will have to adjust to life without their big man starting tonight against the Knicks. O'Neal was diagnosed yesterday at the Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore, where he learned he will need the surgery.

The initial diagnosis at the Cleveland Clinic over the weekend was that Shaq had suffered a sprained ligament Thursday in the Cavs' win in Boston. But yesterday's exam revealed a tear, which typically sidelines players for 6-8 weeks. There are seven weeks left in the regular season.

"Whether he's taking a trip to Baltimore or not, I'd be concerned," Cavs coach Mike Brown said before learning the bad news. "There's been plenty of games he's played for us where, without him, we probably would not have won. He's had an impact against the Lakers and Orlando and a lot of teams. When we won 13 in a row, he was a big part of it."

O'Neal is averaging 12 points and 6.7 rebounds in 53 games this season and figured largely in the Cavaliers' playoff plans, especially against Orlando center Dwight Howard.

James didn't have anything to say about O'Neal or the Knicks yesterday, declining interview requests after sitting out Cavaliers practice due to an assortment of minor ailments. While he will be back on the court tonight, James has not revealed what he thinks about the Knicks' move that will enable them to sign two superstar free agents in July.

James' teammates realize that they might have to win the title in June to prevent him from joining a second maximum-salary player in New York. When the Knicks created the cap space to recruit James and Toronto's Chris Bosh by trading for Tracy McGrady, the Cavs took notice.

"Winning a championship can beat a lot of money," said guard Mo Williams. "The organization has been great to him. We've gotten better my last two years here. That's all you can do for a player of his stature. Teams are going to come after him this summer, not only New York, but also other teams, because he's a free agent. It happens. You've just got to lay it on the line and do what it takes to keep him."

clephi_091216_01.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I know, I know. It's getting boring to constantly talk about James and free agency etc. But don't deny, with a team like ours, it's a focal topic to go from mediocrity to contention in 2 easy steps.

The latest.