Trade Scenarios for Our C

iSaYughh

Starter
Who do you want/How do you get him?

Right now, I want us to keep Chandler and be our elite, dynamic 6th man; thus using Curry + Douglas + pick to make a trade for a C.

I love Anthony Randolph, and it seems like a great package to do a swap for him. We just need to get some overpaid donkey on GSW to make it totally work.

Is it worth gambling all our chips on the following team?

pg Serg
sg JJohnson
sf Gallo
pf Bosh
C Randolph
6th Chandler

My main problem is that while the team *might* be a legit contender next year, it is most primed to reach it's elite status in 2-3 years, when JJ may already be tailing off.

This kinda irks me, but if we put faith in a 1-2 yr, reasonable progression of Serg, Chandler, Randolph, Gallo, the team is an absolute killer almost right away, and depending on fulfillment of talent between Randolph+Gallo it could be an absolute beast.

Sucks to have such "coulds" and "ifs"....but....to go from the basement to a legit playoff team with legit contending hopes and a true shot at being an absolute beast....not the worst spot to have such ifs and coulds.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike D'Antoni doesn't like having centers that can play defense. That's why he passed up on Brook Lopez and Jordan Hill.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
after you use the word picks -.-, how many more picks are we giving up? seriously...

Yah! If we don't get anybody this summer, we need to start rebuilding conservatively which means no more trading picks and radical trades for unproven players like Anthony Randolph. We need to face it...there's no quick fixes.

NYKing

Rookie
Four options for a combo E. Curry + W. Chandler (or S. Rodriguez) :

1? Curry + Chandler + Rodrigues + 3M >>> Collison & Okafor
the Knicks get a PG with great potential and a defensive C

2? Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Monta Ellis
the Knicks get a PG who is among the 10 top scorers of the championship

3? Curry + Rodriguez + 3M >>> DJ Augustin, Diop & Henderson (or pick)
the Knicks get two young (PG and SG / SF or pick) and a defensive C (backup)

4? Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Iguodala & Jrue Holiday
the Knicks get a SG / SF scorer and a young PG (backup)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Emeka Oakafor is right up there with Darko if you ask me in terms of High picks who do not produce in my era...... I like the fact that TMAC is gonna give us some cap space but we really look like fools the past two years in the draft. Giving up on Hill so early was foolish this is bringing me back to the Spoon,O-Harrington,Malik days when we never had a frontcourt player over 6'10 worth spitting on.

Anyways Toney Douglas for Deandre Jordan trade makes sense for us im not to sure who the Clippers back up is :2cents:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Four options for a combo E. Curry + W. Chandler (or S. Rodriguez) :

1? Curry + Chandler + Rodrigues + 3M >>> Collison & Okafor
the Knicks get a PG with great potential and a defensive C

2? Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Monta Ellis
the Knicks get a PG who is among the 10 top scorers of the championship

3? Curry + Rodriguez + 3M >>> DJ Augustin, Diop & Henderson (or pick)
the Knicks get two young (PG and SG / SF or pick) and a defensive C (backup)

4? Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Iguodala & Jrue Holiday
the Knicks get a SG / SF scorer and a young PG (backup)

Dumbest trade suggestions in the history of the KO. Why would the Hornets trade Collison whose stock is incredibly high and potential to be a great player? The sixers trading Iguodola for non other than Curry, wow!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
His idea is probably that they'd dump Collison because:

1) They have CP3
2) They desperately would love to dump Emeka Okafor's contract on someone else

I'm not saying that I agree, but that's probably his reasoning.

I think an Okafor trade would work - Curry's expiring contract is pretty valuable come the offseason and I'd love to see a Curry for Okafor swap - and maybe the Hornets would throw some picks in there. We take so much salary off of the Hornets' hands that they should be more than happy to give us a pick

Paul1355

All Star
Who do you want/How do you get him?

Right now, I want us to keep Chandler and be our elite, dynamic 6th man; thus using Curry + Douglas + pick to make a trade for a C.

I love Anthony Randolph, and it seems like a great package to do a swap for him. We just need to get some overpaid donkey on GSW to make it totally work.

Is it worth gambling all our chips on the following team?

pg Serg
sg JJohnson
sf Gallo
pf Bosh
C Randolph
6th Chandler

My main problem is that while the team *might* be a legit contender next year, it is most primed to reach it's elite status in 2-3 years, when JJ may already be tailing off.

This kinda irks me, but if we put faith in a 1-2 yr, reasonable progression of Serg, Chandler, Randolph, Gallo, the team is an absolute killer almost right away, and depending on fulfillment of talent between Randolph+Gallo it could be an absolute beast.

Sucks to have such "coulds" and "ifs"....but....to go from the basement to a legit playoff team with legit contending hopes and a true shot at being an absolute beast....not the worst spot to have such ifs and coulds.

we don't have to trade toney douglas or curry to get a center....your idea is bad when you look at our future.

We can afford a max contract, Lee and a decent center next year while keeping Douglas and buying out Curry.