• Yep. Just what we need.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
こんにちは Bitches.

This thread is about 2 things.

1: Brendan Haywood

2: Trading Curry to GS. (To be added later)

It's all completely theoretical and subject to speculation and polemic, but in a league full of half assed impostor centers rolling in cash for little statistical return, it is, to me, an option well worth exercising. Having said "impostor centers" I must say that I 359,001% loath the thought of Emeka Okafor and his anal contract. Biedrins much the same. It'd just perpetuate NY's contractual woes.

As far as I know I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I'm gonna make a thread about it regardless.

This large person is Brendan Haywood.
act_brendan_haywood.jpg

2009-10 Statistics
PPG 9.6 - RPG 10.00 - APG 0.5 EFF+ 17.21 BPG - 2.08 (3rd in NBA)
Born: Nov 27, 1979
Height: 7-0 / 2.13
Weight: 263 lbs. / 119.3 kg.
College: North Carolina
Years Pro: 8

Defensively apt, strong and determined. He also enjoys a bit of a ruckus. Something NY is completely deficient of.

He's also a FA this year.

His current salary, in it's final year, sits prettily at $6m.

He's 20 odd months older than Okafor, but still highly capable of doing what a center does and that which the Knicks have gone without:

Smashing it up in the paint.

He is also less of an offensive option and can focus his energy on rebounding (both ends) and defence as well as having less need for the ball. He can also be acquired for as much as 40% less than Okafor and Biedrins.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Here's a couple of scenarios a Haywood signing and a GS trade for Ellis and Randolph for that fat slut Curry would set up.

1 Sign Gay of Memphis. Don't buy a jersey...

Set up sign and trade for Ellis post acquisition. One S&T scenario would be to perform a switcheroo with Atlanta for Joe Johnson and have a roster similar to the following.

5 - Haywood/ Randolph/ Gender Bender
4 - Lee/ Gallo/ Chandler/ Randolph
3 - Gay/ Chandler/ Walker/ Gallo
2 - Johnson/ Walker
1 - Toney D/ Sergio

That's 9 players. 3 off the mandatory active roster amount. 3 (or is it 2?) 2nd round picks that won't count against the salary cap there to round out the roster.

Approx $54m cap. Retaining Lee's Bird rights to use MLE.

Lee, $11m/year. Kick off with $10m first year - incrementally bump it up as we go along. 4 years with a team option in the 4th.

Gaylord, $9-10m/year with incremental increases going into the low "$11m range after his 4th year.

Joe Johnson $12m+/year. $50m for 4 seasons. Nothing more. He's not worth a potato more than that. 4 years with a team option in the 4th year.

2 With Lee and Ellis in tow, S&T Lee, and add Gallo (please) and Curry for Bosh and Bellinelli.

S&T Monta Ellis for Fernandez, Pryzbilla and Batum of Portland.

Stick with Gay. (I'm already over the Gay jokes)

5 - Haywood/ Pryzbilla/ Randolph
4 - Bosh/ Randolph/ Gallo
3 - Gaylord/ Gallo/ Wil
2 - Rudy/ Walker
1/ Toney D/ Sergio

Far less likely but not impossible.

Haywood - $6m
Bosh - $16m+
Gay - $10mish

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So that's that. I'm saying...... Sign Haywood and expand our options, even if it is only temporary by filling that horrific void at the 5.

Trade Curry for Ellis and Randolph and fastidiously explore trading Ellis to a team to round out our roster with roll players and or up and comers.

Options, options, options.

Paul1355

All Star
Here's a couple of scenarios a Haywood signing and a GS trade for Ellis and Randolph for that fat slut Curry would set up.

1 Sign Gay of Memphis. Don't buy a jersey...

Set up sign and trade for Ellis post acquisition. One S&T scenario would be to perform a switcheroo with Atlanta for Joe Johnson and have a roster similar to the following.

5 - Haywood/ Randolph/ Gender Bender
4 - Lee/ Gallo/ Chandler/ Randolph
3 - Gay/ Chandler/ Walker/ Gallo
2 - Johnson/ Walker
1 - Toney D/ Sergio

That's 9 players. 3 off the mandatory active roster amount. 3 (or is it 2?) 2nd round picks that won't count against the salary cap there to round out the roster.

Approx $54m cap. Retaining Lee's Bird rights to use MLE.

Lee, $11m/year. Kick off with $10m first year - incrementally bump it up as we go along. 4 years with a team option in the 4th.

Gaylord, $9-10m/year with incremental increases going into the low "$11m range after his 4th year.

Joe Johnson $12m+/year. $50m for 4 seasons. Nothing more. He's not worth a potato more than that. 4 years with a team option in the 4th year.

2 With Lee and Ellis in tow, S&T Lee, and add Gallo (please) and Curry for Bosh and Bellinelli.

S&T Monta Ellis for Fernandez, Pryzbilla and Batum of Portland.

Stick with Gay. (I'm already over the Gay jokes)

5 - Haywood/ Pryzbilla/ Randolph
4 - Bosh/ Randolph/ Gallo
3 - Gaylord/ Gallo/ Wil
2 - Rudy/ Walker
1/ Toney D/ Sergio

Far less likely but not impossible.

Haywood - $6m
Bosh - $16m+
Gay - $10mish
you didnt mention trading Curry...the odds of trading this guy is 1/1000000000000000....curry will probably be bought out which would waste about 9 million

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
yes I did didn't I?

Curry for Ellis and Randolph in both scenarios is what I meant. Bugger editing it.

The Warriors will do anything to clear cap space, but you're right Paulio. The order in which they want to boot players is obviously:

Maggettios
Biedrins
And then Ellis. I'd love to drain the life out of them after the Curry drafting and get Ellis. Make him force the trade and then deal him.

Bwahahahaaaaaaa.....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
you didnt mention trading Curry...the odds of trading this guy is 1/1000000000000000....curry will probably be bought out which would waste about 9 million

I disagree. Remember, GS traded Stephen Jackson for an injured Raja Bell that didn't play a single game for them. Cleveland traded Jamison and Butler for practically nothing.

A team looking to dump salary will trade for Curry and then buy him out. His contract will be very valuable the closer it gets to next year's trade deadline.

The thing that worries me about Haywood is he's finally producing and it happens to be a contract year. I'm hesitant to sign another potentially lazy center just looking for money.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'll pay you $2 to be quiet pauper.

Both teams I've set up shit on your starting 5 with Camby, Manu and T Mac.

Dumb + poor + angry.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I disagree. Remember, GS traded Stephen Jackson for an injured Raja Bell that didn't play a single game for them. Cleveland traded Jamison and Butler for practically nothing.

A team looking to dump salary will trade for Curry and then buy him out. His contract will be very valuable the closer it gets to next year's trade deadline.

The thing that worries me about Haywood is he's finally producing and it happens to be a contract year. I'm hesitant to sign another potentially lazy center just looking for money.

I hear you there.....I'm sure Cuban will offer him $7-8m anyway. Still if we did pull it off, it'd be better than Okafor or Biedrins.

It's the lesser evil or the sweeter smelling shit.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I say we:

1.) Sign Rudy Gay
2.) Sign and trade Lee + Chandler + Curry's expiring contract for Chris Bosh + Jose Calderon (long contract)
3.) Sign Anthony Morrow
4.) Sign Tyrus Thomas

PG-Calderon
SG-Morrow
SF-Gay
PF-Thomas
C-Bosh

w/ Gallo, Douglas, Walker off the bench

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That is a good team. But playing a stringy PF @ center isn't going to solve anything is it? Has it ever? Bosh'll burn out by the post season and no doubt have reservations about his new team. Hardly an ideal start for him. Or for NY with him going in to free agency at the end of the year.

We need a real 5. I know Haywood's not top notch, but if anything he's there as a leaning post in many ways for our PF be it Lee or Chris Bosh.

I wish there was a better alternate, but playing a 230lbs PF against Kendrick Perkins, Al Horford, Dwight Howard and the likes in the playoffs is a recipe for annual post season elimination.

A real 5 is key to success.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't know man. You say Haywood is better than Biedrens. But Biedrens did the same thing. Had a great year during his contract year and then as soon as he got his money, his production level went down. I see Haywood doing the same thing and I would hate to sign him and be stuck with another lazy center.

Okafur would be better than that. At least he produces and plays hard every game and having him at $12 mil a year for the next 4 years still might be better than having a lazy Haywood at $8 mil a year for the next 4 years.

And how well can Haywood fit in D'Antoni's style? I'm not sure he would be the best available fit.

I guess it just comes down to me not feeling comfortable about signing a guy that has been mediocre at best his whole career and then finally gives a sh*t during a contract year. These types of players never pan out.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't know man. You say Haywood is better than Biedrens. But Biedrens did the same thing. Had a great year during his contract year and then as soon as he got his money, his production level went down. I see Haywood doing the same thing and I would hate to sign him and be stuck with another lazy center.

Okafur would be better than that. At least he produces and plays hard every game and having him at $12 mil a year for the next 4 years still might be better than having a lazy Haywood at $8 mil a year for the next 4 years.

And how well can Haywood fit in D'Antoni's style? I'm not sure he would be the best available fit.

I guess it just comes down to me not feeling comfortable about signing a guy that has been mediocre at best his whole career and then finally gives a sh*t during a contract year. These types of players never pan out.

Fair point. Well made. It's just the Johnny Ca$h that has me leaning toward Haywood really. Flexibility. Options. We'd have more of each in a Haywood signing.

It sucks to have to weigh shit instead of gold doesn't it?

Damn.

Still.... After rethinking it, I'd still have to go with Haywood at potentially $6-7m/ than Okafor for almost double that guaranteed.

Paul1355

All Star

You would be right if Curry actually played some basketball games....this guy is like Jerome James but double the contract which makes him nearly impossible to trade.
Your examples of an injured Raja Bell....Washington got Josh Howard in the mix so that is not basically nothing but not the stronger side of the deal obviously....even after that Curry cant be compared because he enver plays and has a work ethic of 1 out of 100.... at least Raja Bell and Howard play when they are healthy and can make an impact...Curry can't

So i see were you went with it but Curry is in a category of his own with his bad work ethic, constant injuries, and horrible contract, maybe one the worst contract in sports history behind Mo Vaughns 10 year deal that the Mets are still paying LOL

dave2138

Rotation player
I think you're thinking about Bobby Bonilla, but that doesn't start for the Mets until next year. 1 million every year for 25 years...nice job Mets..

The problem with Monta Ellis is that even though he's overrated and overpaid, he still has trade value and there are worse contracts that I think GS would prefer to get rid of. I don't think they would give us Ellis for nothing and not save any money until 2011/2012 season. I think Biedrins is more realistic.

I would do Curry + Chandler for Biedrins + Anthony Randolph + Anthony Morrow.

I think Golden State would jump on this to be able to save 30 mil by getting rid of Biedrins who is no more of a sure thing than Curry. Knicks get 2/3 cheap years of Randolph + Morrow who is more of a SG than Chandler is.

Sign James
Sign Bosh
Sign Felton

PG - Felton - 6
SG - Morrow - 1
SF - James - 16.5
PF - Bosh - 16.5
C - Randolph - 2

Bench:
Douglas - 1
Walker - 1
Gallinari - 3.3
Biedrins - 9
2 2nd round picks - 1

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You would be right if Curry actually played some basketball games....this guy is like Jerome James but double the contract which makes him nearly impossible to trade.
Your examples of an injured Raja Bell....Washington got Josh Howard in the mix so that is not basically nothing but not the stronger side of the deal obviously....even after that Curry cant be compared because he enver plays and has a work ethic of 1 out of 100.... at least Raja Bell and Howard play when they are healthy and can make an impact...Curry can't

So i see were you went with it but Curry is in a category of his own with his bad work ethic, constant injuries, and horrible contract, maybe one the worst contract in sports history behind Mo Vaughns 10 year deal that the Mets are still paying LOL

Your missing the point. Raja Bell was an expiring contract and was out for the season. He wasn't going to play a single game for them. How is that any different than Curry?

If his contract was not expiring I would agree. But a team looking to dump salary will take Curry's contract. Trust me. It is one of the most valuable assets to have. We just have to be willing to take on a very large/long term contract in exchange.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
After considering it... I changed my mind for many reasons.. Not that I need explain myself to you...Explained.