Bosh, Johnson and Gay - The wining trifecta?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If the Knicks can sign Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay while keeping Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas and McGrady, or at least 3 of the 4; do you think they have a chance to go to the finals.

knicksin60

Starter
That team could easily make it to the conference finals but I don't know if they would get past Cleveland or Orlando.

Paul1355

All Star
If the Knicks can sign Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay while keeping Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas and McGrady, or at least 3 of the 4; do you think they have a chance to go to the finals.

Yea we would be a good team but We need a center and Rudy Gay is irrelevant at this point when we should a have Chandler and Gallo logging in minutes at SF

Johnson and Bosh is good with a guy like Camby...then we are talking playoffs.

Douglas
Johnson
T Mac/Chandler
Bosh
Camby

bench: Chandler, Gallo,Sergio, another center

Toons

is the Bo$$
step 1

Sign Chris Bosh

Step 2

Sign Lebron James

Step 3
Trade Harrington & chandler (12.5 mil combined) both expiring for ty lawson and birdman
(denver gets to keep melo next season & get a young forward in chandler, we get the pg we need)

step 4
trade curry before next all star break (12 mil expiring) and t-mac for anthony randolph

Bosh
Randolph
Lebron
Walker
Lawson

Last edited:

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
-you either trade chandler or walker but you dont trade both! why would you trade two talented players that play the same position? trade one and keep the other one.
-there is no need of signing rudy gay when we have walker and chandler who are just as good and are much cheaper.
-lebron,wade and probably bosh arent coming to the knicks..that leaves us with JJ but i doubt the knicks sign him to a 5 year deal. hes already 29.

KirksORIG

Rookie
Bosh, johnson and gay could easily make the conference final. If lebron stays at the cavs, it would be a tell order to beat them with this team though.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
they'd make a lot of noise.... But as I monotonously say.... We'll need a center to make any star combo or alliance take it to the top.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
step 1

Sign Chris Bosh

Step 2

Sign Lebron James

Step 3
Trade Harrington & chandler (12.5 mil combined) both expiring for ty lawson and birdman
(denver gets to keep melo next season & get a young forward in chandler, we get the pg we need)

step 4
trade curry before next all star break (12 mil expiring) and t-mac for anthony randolph

Bosh
Randolph
Lebron
Walker
Lawson

We can't trade Harrington unless we re-sign him (**** that) and Chandler's not expiring until 2011-12. And why would Denver even sneeze at that?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
-you either trade chandler or walker but you dont trade both! why would you trade two talented players that play the same position? trade one and keep the other one.
-there is no need of signing rudy gay when we have walker and chandler who are just as good and are much cheaper.
-lebron,wade and probably bosh arent coming to the knicks..that leaves us with JJ but i doubt the knicks sign him to a 5 year deal. hes already 29.

Chandler and Walker, just as good as Rudy Gay? Please...

I'll agree that Gay might not be the best option for us to sign, but he'd still be a pretty big improvement on this team.

I'm still convinced that our biggest problem is that any team with an even slightly competent PF and/or C completely just rolls over us since we have no defense in the paint whatsoever. We get balled on by Zach Randolph. Tim Duncan burns us. We get trampled on by the likes of Andrea Bargnani and Luol Deng and Brad Miller. Andrew Bogut got 20 (20!!!!) boards against us. If we want to win a championship, we're going to have to do better than that. We need a defensive presence in the center. Even Chris Bosh is better than what we've got right now. I love David Lee, he hustles and plays hard and he's ambidextrous and he grabs boards but the dude is simply outmatched by true NBA big men. If we can find a way to stick him at the 4 while getting a defensive center like Emeka Okafor or Brendan Haywood or even DeSagana Diop, we'd be in good shape.

But as it stands right now, it's pretty humiliating to watch the likes of Andrew Bogut humiliate us - back in the days when we were good it took Hall of Fame talent like David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon to get the best of us, but it's pretty sad when any team with a league average center beats us almost every time

Toons

is the Bo$$
We can't trade Harrington unless we re-sign him (**** that) and Chandler's not expiring until 2011-12. And why would Denver even sneeze at that?

in the harrington situation, u do a s&t. if melo can play well along jr smith (streaky as hell) then he can play alongside al harrington, who imo is better than jr smith. chandler can help the nuggets right now more than lawson, the nuggets need an upo and coming sf like chandler. The reason for denver to get chandler is not to let him expire smarty, they need him.

dave2138

Rotation player
Nah, Knicks missed their chance to trade Harrington. Sign and Trade doesn't sound realistic. If a team really wants him and they are under the cap they would just sign him without having to give anything up.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
hey

An article came up with a pretty good idea of a sign and trade with Lee for D-Granger..I think that could be a possibility.

D.Granger would be a good addition to the knicks and cheaper than wade and lebron. Try to sign t.thomas to fill the P.Foward position. And try to use chandler or walker to trade with curry for other talented players. Golden state could be a possibility with monta. There are so many possibilties in 2010.

A center sould be our main priority during the summer of 2011!!! and not 2010!!! theres horford, noah, gasol,ect. why get an old center..wait one year and we have 3 options..well 4 counting oden but the dudes so injury prone that i wouldnt count him as a possibility.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
in the harrington situation, u do a s&t. if melo can play well along jr smith (streaky as hell) then he can play alongside al harrington, who imo is better than jr smith. chandler can help the nuggets right now more than lawson, the nuggets need an upo and coming sf like chandler. The reason for denver to get chandler is not to let him expire smarty, they need him.

Why wouldn't Denver just sign him?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lawson and Birdman for Ninja Turtle and Chandler?

Nahhhhhh. If Toney D turns out to be good, then we won't regret not getting that 18th pick from Minny somehow someway, but Lawson isn't coming here anytime soon sadly.