Originally scratched my head when the NYK traded N8 the great.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I will be the first to admit that I was like why the **** are we helping those bastards? I was like N8 for House, really?

Man I am impressed with what we got back. Actually now our foes actually helped us. These guys are bigger and are athletic, but the best is that they are cheap. Sky Walker and JJ have produced much more than I even imagined. Sometimes you can't bad mouth a deal until you see the results. And brick house had his moments as soon as the trade went down, his jumper is deadly at times. Don't remember did we get a draft pick as well?
Heck of a deal for us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
we gave them a pick... and the ability to get our pick in 2012 i think.

You're thinking about the trade with the Houston Rockets. In the Rockets trade, the Knicks gave up Jordan Hill(2009 lottery pick), a 2011 first round pick, and a 2012 first round pick.

The trade with Boston isn't as bad as I initially thought, but it's still a bad trade. I'm impressed with the way Bill Walker's playing, but Robinson's a type of player that's capable of exploding for 25 points on any given night. And that will be a great asset for the Boston Celtics, in the playoffs. The one criticism I have for the Celtics, though, is that they aren't giving Robinson enough playing time. Robinson should be getting 25-28 MPG, off the bench.

dave2138

Rotation player
How is it a bad trade? They gave up nothing that affects the team beyond this year and got back Bill Walker who's ceiling may be limited, but still is under control for next season at under 1 mil. I'd also imagine House is cheaper to resign than Nate Robinson would be if they do intend to do that. There was no chance the knicks were going to resign Nate Robinson anyway so he was worthless to this team.

I don't see how anyone can complain...this was one of the best trades the knicks made in the past few years. (not saying much, but I'll take whatever I can get)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How is it a bad trade? They gave up nothing that affects the team beyond this year and got back Bill Walker who's ceiling may be limited, but still is under control for next season at under 1 mil. I'd also imagine House is cheaper to resign than Nate Robinson would be if they do intend to do that. There was no chance the knicks were going to resign Nate Robinson anyway so he was worthless to this team.

I don't see how anyone can complain...this was one of the best trades the knicks made in the past few years. (not saying much, but I'll take whatever I can get)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Refreshing........

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I consider the trade bad, because the Celtics improved their bench, and the Knicks didn't get a first round pick. After giving up 3 first round picks to Houston, the Knicks should have tried to get a pick, and they didn't.

If the Knicks get Lebron, Bosh, Wade, or Johnson, then all the trades Walsh made was worth it. If they don't, then it wasn't worth it. If they sign Amare Stoudamire or Rudy Gay, I don't consider that as much of an improvement, so I can't give him credit, if he signs either of those guys, unless he also signs Lee, which 33 million isn't enough to sign all of those guys.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
I love "Sky"walker but im not sold on Giddens. His attitude sucks and if we keep him we have him for the next 2 years. He hasn't shown me enough for me to say "wow, lets keep him even though he immature. Pass for me. What do you guys think?

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I was/am a big Nate fan, although he was rather inconsistent. Nonetheless I would not take this trade back now. Nate got what he wanted, to be somewhere where D'antoni was not, and we got a damn good audition in Bill Walker. Thats the way I look at almost everyone on the knicks roster. There all trying out to see whos gonna stay next year.

This also gave Toney Douglas a chance to audition. Hes looking solid. I would like to see more assists, but the kids a scorer and hes clutch

As for Eddie House, i would like him to stay aswell. His on the court ability it not starter material, and I dont think hes the 6th man were looking for. Hes a cuttino mobley type on the court. Hes got a good shot, but most importantly hes a great addition in a locker room for the younger guys. Hes a leader, a great sport and he loves the game. His passion is what i love about him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If it wasn't for D'Antoni I'd say we should get Nate next season instead of Harrington.I like Harrington, but he rarely passes.People said that about Nate too, but he really wasn't like him.He had low % shooting nights, but his bad games weren't as obvious as Harrington's.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Giddens needs to go, simple as that.

Bill Walker, on the other hand, is a keeper. I want this man to be a Knickerbocker for the rest of his career if he can stay cheap. He brings intensity (he fearlessly attacks the basket for a dunk even though there is a man right in his path), extraordinarily efficient from 3 point range (43 % right now), almost 60% FG percentage. Basically when he gets the ball, something good happens. Whether he is going for that easy slam, drawing a foul, hitting the 3, or driving and dishing. Plus did I mention his intensity, which is what NY needs. We need someone to fire the team up and fire the crowd up.

Keep this man please.

I like Nate, but this deal makes me happy because Nate is one of those guys where it's like an all-in type situation. He either goes out and scores 25 all by himself, or he turnsover the ball 10 times and destroys the team chemistry. These youngsters like TD and Walker, we can rely on them every game to bring a good and efficient effort. They are players I would rather have to strengthen the "team."

KirksORIG

Rookie
You're thinking about the trade with the Houston Rockets. In the Rockets trade, the Knicks gave up Jordan Hill(2009 lottery pick), a 2011 first round pick, and a 2012 first round pick.

The trade with Boston isn't as bad as I initially thought, but it's still a bad trade. I'm impressed with the way Bill Walker's playing, but Robinson's a type of player that's capable of exploding for 25 points on any given night. And that will be a great asset for the Boston Celtics, in the playoffs. The one criticism I have for the Celtics, though, is that they aren't giving Robinson enough playing time. Robinson should be getting 25-28 MPG, off the bench.

true, my bad..

dave2138

Rotation player
I consider the trade bad, because the Celtics improved their bench, and the Knicks didn't get a first round pick. After giving up 3 first round picks to Houston, the Knicks should have tried to get a pick, and they didn't.

If the Knicks get Lebron, Bosh, Wade, or Johnson, then all the trades Walsh made was worth it. If they don't, then it wasn't worth it. If they sign Amare Stoudamire or Rudy Gay, I don't consider that as much of an improvement, so I can't give him credit, if he signs either of those guys, unless he also signs Lee, which 33 million isn't enough to sign all of those guys.

What more did you expect to get from Nate Robinson? I forgot which teams, but I think it was only at most 3 or 4 teams that Nate would have accepted a trade to besides Boston. I don't think any of them would have given us a 1st round pick in a deal involving Nate.

Has nothing to do with Lebron/Bosh etc..Trading an expiring contract who everyone knows won't be resigned for a cheap, young, athletic player who is under control for next season is good enough for me. I wish they got a pick too, but still...can't complain with what was done.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate is a bleh scorer, but he's not really a two way player. Nate wasn't sticking around anyway, and Bill Walker is a pretty good player who's cheap and under team control for the next couple of years, so I'm going to say it was a good deal for the Knicks. All things considered the Celtics probably considered Eddie House the centerpiece of that deal, but picking up Bill Walker was a great move since the kid can really play

Kiyaman

Legend
The Truth

What more did you expect to get from Nate Robinson? I forgot which teams, but I think it was only at most 3 or 4 teams that Nate would have accepted a trade to besides Boston. I don't think any of them would have given us a 1st round pick in a deal involving Nate.

Has nothing to do with Lebron/Bosh etc..Trading an expiring contract who everyone knows won't be resigned for a cheap, young, athletic player who is under control for next season is good enough for me. I wish they got a pick too, but still...can't complain with what was done.

If u clearly watched this 2009-10 season, after watching the 2008-9 season....
u should know that Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, and David Lee, were the only "KEEPERS" on this Knick Roster for the 2010-11 season.
The Boston Celtics and the majority of the teams in the league knew this.

The reason for the Knicks two losing seasons in a row goes to Walsh and Damntoni for acting just like Isiah Thomas.
Walsh admitted that his trades early in the 2008-9 season destroyed the Knicks chances of making the playoffs, and that he would not do it in the 2009-10 season.
u have to RESPECT a man taking the blame.
Damntoni took his control to the next level, after being able to DNP Marbury & Curry lastseason, he went beserk and out of control this season with his DNP.
Was Damntoni allowed to DNP Marbury in Phoenix? HELL No!

Nate Robinson's 4 years experience competing against the top NBA players in the league, matching alot of their competiveness made this trade in favor of Boston and bad for the Knicks.

Eddie House career as a NBA player has never cleared over 15 minutes per game of playingtime. His best talent is that of a peremeter shooter of the 3-ball, inwhich is deadly in the ending 3 minutes of each quarter.
House talent and skills compared to that of Ray Allen is 25%.
Nate Robinson talent and skills compared to that of Ray Allen and Rondo is 65%. Which means the Knicks were supposed to get a first round draft pick along with a throw in player.
To not know the Nate to Boston trade was a bad for the Knicks is to also aprove of the Zach for Mobley trade when Mobley failed the physical with a career ending injury. Which means the Knicks were suppose to get a first round draft pick.

Walker's contract has a team-option this offseason inwhich the playingtime Walker received the past two seasons says Boston was'nt going to pick up his option, making Walker a walking FA for the summer league teams.

The same amount of playingtime minutes that Eddie House been receiving throughout his career in the NBA are the same amount of playingtime minutes Danilo Galinari were supose to receive at the start of this regular season.
The only person in this Knick organization that believe and had confidence in Gallo was headcoach Damntoni.
Damntoni treated Gallo as if he was Wilson Chandler who played all 82 games with 30 minutes of playingtime last season. When Gallo should've been treated like Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas, rookie players that dont have a full season in the NBA.

The Knick-Players did not believe in Gallo receiving 32 mpg which lead the team to the worst start in Knick History (1-9 start).
And all the Knick Players that disagreed with Gallo receiving 32 mpg was automatically put in Damtoni's Dog House.
The Knicks were a better 3-ball shooting team in 2008-9 season (without Gallo) then they were in the 2009-10 season (with Gallo)...

Kiyaman

Legend

All your talk is garbage for one reason....all of Isiah Thomas players wanted Isiah out of the organization b/c of Isiah favoritism.

We was'nt suppose to trade Balkman or let Morris walk, these were two players that can rebound and blockshots and be used extremly in practice if not for the game, plus Balkman is a FA in 2010, and better than Ewing Jr.

The Knicks without Isiah Thomas in the organization showed a winning combination of players on the roster in the 2008 Preseason games.
Marbury at the ending of his contract was the best Knick player on the court in every preseason game b/c he made all his teammates game better than what it was. Plus he was the only one who knew how to play and orchestrate Dum-Damntoni style of play (Q.Brick knew nothing).

The Knicks started off the 2008-9 regular season winning (if it aint broke dont fix it). The more wins the Knicks was able to get would bring-up the value and worth of all the Knick Players.
So when u do trade the long contract Knick players u are able to trade them for decent lower contract players u need and can use to develope and rebuild the young players with.

If u did not see the big awesome improvement to all the Knick players by bringing "Marbury, Nate, and Chandler" off the bench together than u are blind to the winning-teams in the NBA with deep depth off their bench (so far the Orlando Magic is the deepest in the NBA now).
The last time Marbury & Nate was matched up as a backcourt-tandem they had David Lee as their SF, that trio WON six straight games....this time it was Wilson Chandler as their SF shutting KG down even blocking KG shot.
When u have players pumping-up their teammates confidence each game (if it aint broke dont fix it).
What did Damntoni do....he tried fixing something that wasnt broke with his DNP "TANKING"...

thanos87

Rookie
i think the trade was fair for both the knicks and celtics.
Nate Robinson would be an unrestricted FA, and we would probably not resign him. So anything we could of got would be good.
We got rid of Jeffries contract. We got a vital 2nd round pick, because we will have a very short squad at the end of the season. We got McGrady, we got Bill Walker, Giddens and the only real loss in the roster is Hill and Landry.
And of course the right to exchange with Houston our 1st round draft picks.

we should stop from now on to give away so easily our 1st round picks.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I was/am a big Nate fan, although he was rather inconsistent. Nonetheless I would not take this trade back now. Nate got what he wanted, to be somewhere where D'antoni was not, and we got a damn good audition in Bill Walker. Thats the way I look at almost everyone on the knicks roster. There all trying out to see whos gonna stay next year.

This also gave Toney Douglas a chance to audition. Hes looking solid. I would like to see more assists, but the kids a scorer and hes clutch

As for Eddie House, i would like him to stay aswell. His on the court ability it not starter material, and I dont think hes the 6th man were looking for. Hes a cuttino mobley type on the court. Hes got a good shot, but most importantly hes a great addition in a locker room for the younger guys. Hes a leader, a great sport and he loves the game. His passion is what i love about him.

Thats a good point about Toney D. The move definitely forced D-antoni to use him and he found out what we all knew a long time ago: The kid can play!! He just needed the minutes!!!

I don't mind having an Eddie House sticking aroung if we get big free agents, let him play a Steve Kerr role like with the Bulls.

dave2138

Rotation player
All your talk is garbage for one reason....all of Isiah Thomas players wanted Isiah out of the organization b/c of Isiah favoritism.

We was'nt suppose to trade Balkman or let Morris walk, these were two players that can rebound and blockshots and be used extremly in practice if not for the game, plus Balkman is a FA in 2010, and better than Ewing Jr.

The Knicks without Isiah Thomas in the organization showed a winning combination of players on the roster in the 2008 Preseason games.
Marbury at the ending of his contract was the best Knick player on the court in every preseason game b/c he made all his teammates game better than what it was. Plus he was the only one who knew how to play and orchestrate Dum-Damntoni style of play (Q.Brick knew nothing).

The Knicks started off the 2008-9 regular season winning (if it aint broke dont fix it). The more wins the Knicks was able to get would bring-up the value and worth of all the Knick Players.
So when u do trade the long contract Knick players u are able to trade them for decent lower contract players u need and can use to develope and rebuild the young players with.

If u did not see the big awesome improvement to all the Knick players by bringing "Marbury, Nate, and Chandler" off the bench together than u are blind to the winning-teams in the NBA with deep depth off their bench (so far the Orlando Magic is the deepest in the NBA now).
The last time Marbury & Nate was matched up as a backcourt-tandem they had David Lee as their SF, that trio WON six straight games....this time it was Wilson Chandler as their SF shutting KG down even blocking KG shot.
When u have players pumping-up their teammates confidence each game (if it aint broke dont fix it).
What did Damntoni do....he tried fixing something that wasnt broke with his DNP "TANKING"...

You are assuming that the Knicks intended to resign Nate Robinson. You and I both know that was never going to happen, not after this season. You can bitch about how D'Antoni misused Nate which most would agree obviously, but that only proves my point that they wanted nothing to do with Nate after this season.

After Nate came back from the month long benching, his increase in playing time was soley to raise his trade value. But regardless of how good he played his trade value was slim to none because he would only accept a trade to 3 teams. LA, Boston and 1 other team I forget. They took the best offer from Boston...what more do you want?

The choices were:
1) Keep Nate for the rest of the year and let him walk as a FA.

2) Resign Nate to a 4 year 5 mil/year contract. (my opinion on what he'll get on open market this off season)

3) Trade him to Boston for shit.

I assume you wanted the #2 option...that was never going to happen with Walsh and D'Antoni here...I don't really understand the Isaiah Thomas and Balkman reference...all I know is that once the benching of Nate took place, there was no chance he would be here past this season. Everyone knew Nate was being traded/let go at the end of the season. The question was if he have any trade value.

Option #3 > #1...the end. Stop crying about it and start hoping that Walker has what it takes to be decent 15 min/game guy off the bench next season.

knicksin60

Starter
I was originally going to ask what was so great about Nate Robinson but since I didn't want to have people threatening to beat me up or have pictures of obese women posted at me, I decided to save my anti-Nate comments for a different environment.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Think it was Orlando... Boston, LA and Orlando Nate would go to. Anyhow I think it's a solid trade, Nate is in my opinion better than House, but not by a giant margin (before you bitch I don't think House is similar, just not complete crap though) and we got Walker (keeper) and Giddens who with athleticism, supposed defensive upside and showing rebounding, a keeper if cheap enough, I approve. Say Nate could have been resigned at 5 mill, we can have Walker and Giddens possibly instead for a combined 3-4 mill perhaps, hard to say what they will command as I am no agent or GM. Kiya, sometimes I get a kick out of your posts but I must say I feel this one is idiotic... everyone knew we were between a rock and a hard place, trade Nate to one of 3 teams or keep him with a coach that hates him and let him walk for nothing after this year... hmm, I guess your whipping boy Donnie really screwed us in not landing Bynum, Deron Williams and the Nets first round pick for Nate