Inside Information on 2010 and Beyond!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Chris Sheridan reports that there is no credence to the previous rumor about LeBron James wanting to play with Joe Johnson.
But Sheridan writes that Donnie Walsh seems to have a high level of confidence in the Knicks' ability to sign this summer's top free-agent targets, including LeBron James. Sheridan reasons that "you get the distinct impression that word was somehow passed to the Knicks," given that Walsh went out of his way to shed the contract of Jared Jeffries.
"I ask this: Why would anyone in their right mind trade away what amounts to three No. 1 picks just to clear cap room?" Sheridan wrote. "It's just plain crazy ... unless there is a confidence among the Knicks their Plan A will succeed."

This is exactly what I was saying when the Houston Rockets trade was being proposed. The only way Walsh was trading all those picks and Hill just to clear cap was because he had the inside track that he can sign 1 or more of the max free agents available in 2010.

I am back to being optimistic that Lebron will be a Knick this offseason. It's not guranteed but untill it is confirmed he isn't coming I will continue to dream! :beer:

dre48ny

Rotation player
This is exactly what I was saying when the Houston Rockets trade was being proposed. The only way Walsh was trading all those picks and Hill just to clear cap was because he had the inside track that he can sign 1 or more of the max free agents available in 2010.

I am back to being optimistic that Lebron will be a Knick this offseason. It's not guranteed but untill it is confirmed he isn't coming I will continue to dream! :beer:
hey bro I'm with u! I will continue to dream til July 1!!!
**** it if my bubble bursts, i'm glad my team did everything in its will to try to land perhaps the greatest player after MJ.

:beer:

KBlack25

Starter
Say what you will about Donnie, but the fact is he promised to get us under the cap. None of us, with the horrible Isiah contracts, thought it was really possible. And Donnie delivered. Essentially, I feel as though Donnie has done what he said he was going to do so far...and until he proves me wrong I have no reason to doubt him.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
You guys better hope that cleaveland really is cursed and the cavs do not get a ring. Even better dont even make it to the finals when that happens ill hop on the whole Lebron thing.

LeFlume

All Star
My wish is that Donnie Walsh know a lot more than what is being said about 2010. Like you guys. I will continue to believe until LeBron sign a contract. Then I know.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
You guys better hope that cleaveland really is cursed and the cavs do not get a ring. Even better dont even make it to the finals when that happens ill hop on the whole Lebron thing.

I hope you do, then maybe you can change that kitty avatar :barf: to a lebrick :barf: :barf: :lol:

Paul1355

All Star

Michael Kay has said countless times that he honestly feels that Donnie Walsh got inside information that some big free agent wants to be a Knick this summer....it does make sense...why would Donnie trade away all of these picks unless he had confidence that he would snag a top guy?

Basically it's risky because if he has no inside info and just selling picks for some name that might not be going to NY, then Donnie will be slaughtered!

Donnie has to have some insurance...i agree with Sheridan and Michael Kay on this...I think Donnie knows before hand what will happen.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Either that, or Donnie's got balls. I'll give it to him, if we do end up signing two max contracts then Walsh is a genius. Or better yet, if we end up signing one max and get Carmelo Anthony on our team, that'll really be something...