Curry done for season...AGAIN!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Eddy Curry is officially done for the season with a torn myofascial band in his right calf.

The Knicks' center shed significant weight in the off-season but a series of injuries to his lower body led to yet another wasted season.

Curry has appeared in only 10 games over the last two years.

Wilson Chandler will see a team doctor tomorrow in Portland but will probably be shut down for the remainder of the season with an injured groin.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65642/20100329/e_curry_done_for_season_with_calf_tear/

Jesus Christ! 10 games in 2 years. Can we get this contract covered by insurance or something?

Looks like Chandler is done too. I'm starting to wonder about his durability.

smokes

Huge Member
I wonder about all our players durability. Playing guys 40mpg all season when they have just come off an offseason injury is just stupid. Another bad decision on the part of D'antoni and his 8 man rotations.

Playing T-Mac 40mpg in his first Knicks games after microfracture surgery is just another example...

knicksin60

Starter
For some reason, out of all the disappointing Knicks throughout the past few years, it seems like Eddy Curry gets easily off the hook by many fans.You would think that a player who has contributed nothing for his team in 4 out of the 5 years that he's been on their roster, would receive more heat than this.Knick fans like to rip players like David Lee and Wilson Chandler, who have worked very hard to contribute to their team, but these fans rarely have anything bashful to say about Eddy Curry.Even Jerome James was criticized for his incompetency and his wasteful and lucrative contract.But to hear a Knick fan speak a word of abhorrence against Curry is something that you hear once every now and then.There are many things about Eddy Curry that are disappointing and that are worth bad-mouthing.The fact that this guy has been a bigger failure than Kwame Brown should be enough for people to run him out of towrn.I am so sick and tired of him making these excuses for his halfheartedness and his laziness.This guy should have never stepped foot on an NBA court and I hope Knick fans become more disgusted and vocal about him instead of giving him a free pass.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
For some reason, out of all the disappointing Knicks throughout the past few years, it seems like Eddy Curry gets easily off the hook by many fans.You would think that a player who has contributed nothing for his team in 4 out of the 5 years that he's been on their roster, would receive more heat than this.Knick fans like to rip players like David Lee and Wilson Chandler, who have worked very hard to contribute to their team, but these fans rarely have anything bashful to say about Eddy Curry.Even Jerome James was criticized for his incompetency and his wasteful and lucrative contract.But to hear a Knick fan speak a word of abhorrence against Curry is something that you hear once every now and then.There are many things about Eddy Curry that are disappointing and that are worth bad-mouthing.The fact that this guy has been a bigger failure than Kwame Brown should be enough for people to run him out of towrn.I am so sick and tired of him making these excuses for his halfheartedness and his laziness.This guy should have never stepped foot on an NBA court and I hope Knick fans become more disgusted and vocal about him instead of giving him a free pass.

Damn, you haven't been here long, have you? :teeth:

knicksin60

Starter
Damn, you haven't been here long, have you? :teeth:

I'm not just talking about the Knick fans that post here, I bring up Knick fans in general.There are very few that have anything negative to say about Curry.I've even seen some Knick fans that have excused his disappointing Knick career and defended him.Curry deserves every criticism that he can get and the fact that he is less hated by Knick fans than Mike D'antoni is, perplexes me.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
End of an error? Curry's season, maybe Knicks career, over

By Frank Isola

Eddy Curry will not play again for the Knicks this season and perhaps his career in New York is over as well for all we know.
Curry realized he was done for the year as recently as Friday in Phoenix if not earlier and the veteran center revealed his injury and status to reporters early today in Salt Lake City.

It was only after Curry provided a medical update that the team miraculously released a statement to announce that Curry “is not expected to return for the final 10 games of the season.”

You don’t say?

According to the Knicks Curry has a “torn myofascial band in his right calf.” He’s had it for a while. The Knicks have known this for a few days and had no intention of informing the press of Curry’s health.

So much for a reformed media policy. He’s an example of how much things have changed. When eavesdropping/spying on interviews involving the coaching staff and players, the media relations employee no longer records the interview by typing into a Blackberry. It is now done the old fashioned way with pen and paper. It’s still pretty creepy.

I wonder if Donnie Walsh is aware of this.

As for Curry, he’s only appeared in 10 games over the past two seasons and it’s hard to imagine that he’ll be back for the final year of his contract. By the way, Curry has already said he will not exercise the early termination clause in his contract. (The man may be hurting but he’s no dummy.)

Curry’s injury sounds legit even though as he tried to explain it three reporters (with two media employees hovering over him) Al Harrington began laughing.

“I swear I’m not making this up,” Curry said. “It’s a freak (injury). Stuff happens to me that I don’t understand.”

Curry apparently suffered the injury when rehabbing from knee surgery. When asked if he feels as if he’s played his final game for the Knicks, Curry replied: “No.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/03/end-of-an-error-currys-season.html? utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss/blogs/knicks+(Blogs% 2FKnicks+Knation)&utm_content=Google+Reader#ixzz0jbIHbreo

Can anybody please explain how someone can tear their calf muscle sitting on the bench?

nyk_nyk

All Star

Check some old threads for major Curry bashing. I think KO posters are all Curry'd out. It's basically like he doesn't exist anymore.

p0nder

Starter
Yeah curry's a bum. Old news really. Did anyone actually expect him to play this year??? I would like to see him traded away, but the money that will come off the books will be nice to have going into the 2011 offseason

Starks

Starter
This piece of shit is a disgrace to the game.

Simply said, curry doesn't like basketball. He doesn't want to play and he doesn't care. Basketball is just a burden to him. Like us doing our taxes or something, he doesn't want to be bothered with basketball.

I hate him.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I don't feel like hurting Eddy Curry anymore, I feel like shooting myself, anything to numb this pain.