A trade that has to, and may very well definitely happen.

Monta Ellis makes 11 million dollars a year

David Lee will probably be signing with a team for similar cash per yr

Anthony randolph makes a rookie option salary

Wilson chandler about the same per yr

Golden State needs a strong finishing, good passing, running PF to compliment Steph Curry over the next few years.

The knicks need a slashing athletic PF and a fast up tempo scoring pg

NY knicks 2010 line up

M ellis
B Walker
D gallinari
C Bosh
M Camby

T douglas
E Barron
A randolph
J R giddens
K Korver

financially doable, and truly a dynamite squad on all levels.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** Kyle Korver!!!

Dude your team needs a point guard really badly. Was never too excited about bringing in Camby as much as I bummed him when he was a Knick, but he'd make an exemplary tutor for Barron who I think has enough of a base to become a legit starter.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
I like the idea of knicks trying to get rudy fernandez and jerryd bayless (both are miserable in portland) Maybe we can use Chandler,Douglas and Giddens in that trade...ya never know

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I personally think we can get a lot more than Ellis and Randolph for Lee + Chandler.

Also remember that Curry's expiring has a lot of value. Especially for an overpaid/small-SG like Ellis.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
really... this is our big year to sign some talent and you're keeping Bill Walker around?

Well we have to fill out the roster and Walker can be great off the bench and even a starting 2. It all depends on who is signed and traded. He is only 21 and the coaching staff wants him to lose 20lbs this off season while working on his game. Giddens on the other hand can go since he has no jumper.

Monta cant run the point, he takes too many bad shots playing the 2-guard, put the ball in his hands every play and he will turn into allen iverson (not a compliment), that's why the warriors picked Steph Curry. The big knock on Monta has always been that he is undersized, because everyone knew from day 1 he wasn't going to be able to facilitate an offense.

I like the Bayless idea, I played against him in high school, he is the real deal, he just needs to get some PT. Not sure i would want to take Fernandez too though. Depending on how the roster fills out, we could end up with the same situation Portland is in now, having Toney D, Rudy, and Bayless all sharing minutes, especially because Bayless and Rudy are both scoring guards.

There aren't many PG's in this years Free Agent class, however one name that did catch my eye, and could probably be had for relatively cheap is Raymond Felton.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="17">Career Averages</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Rebounds</td> <td colspan="2" align="right"> </td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td>YR</td> <td>TM</td> <td align="right">G</td><td align="right">GS</td><td align="right">MIN</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right">FG</td><td align="right">FG%</td><td align="right">3P</td><td align="right">3P%</td><td align="right">FT</td><td align="right">FT%</td><td align="right">STL</td><td align="right">BLK</td><td align="right">TO</td><td align="right">PF</td><td align="right">OFF</td><td align="right">DEF</td><td align="right">TOT</td><td align="right">AST</td><td align="right">PTS</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>05-06</nobr></td><td>CHA</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">54</td><td align="right">30.1</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>4.3-11.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.391</td><td align="right"><nobr> 1.2-3.4</nobr></td><td align="right">.358</td><td align="right"><nobr> 2.0-2.8</nobr></td><td align="right">.725</td><td align="right"> 1.30</td><td align="right">0.10</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">1.0</td><td align="right">2.4</td><td align="right">3.4</td><td align="right">5.6</td><td align="right">11.8</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td><nobr>06-07</nobr></td><td>CHA</td><td align="right">78</td><td align="right">75</td><td align="right">36.3</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>5.0-13.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.384</td><td align="right"><nobr>1.3-4.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.330</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.6-3.3</nobr></td><td align="right">.797</td><td align="right">1.50</td><td align="right">0.10</td><td align="right">2.9</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">0.7</td><td align="right">2.8</td><td align="right">3.5</td><td align="right">7.0</td><td align="right">14.0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>07-08</nobr></td><td>CHA</td><td align="right">79</td><td align="right">79</td><td align="right">37.6</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>5.2-12.6</nobr></td><td align="right">.413</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.7-2.5</nobr></td><td align="right">.280</td><td align="right"><nobr>3.3-4.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.800</td><td align="right">1.20</td><td align="right">0.20</td><td align="right">2.7</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">0.5</td><td align="right">2.5</td><td align="right">3.0</td><td align="right">7.4</td><td align="right">14.4</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td><nobr>08-09</nobr></td><td>CHA</td><td align="right">82</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">37.6</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>5.4-13.2</nobr></td><td align="right">.408</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.7-2.5</nobr></td><td align="right">.285</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.7-3.3</nobr></td><td align="right">.805</td><td align="right">1.50</td><td align="right">0.40</td><td align="right">2.8</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">0.7</td><td align="right">3.1</td><td align="right">3.8</td><td align="right">6.7</td><td align="right">14.2</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>09-10</nobr></td><td>CHA</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">33.0</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>4.8-10.6</nobr></td><td align="right">.459</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.8-2.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.385</td><td align="right"><nobr>1.6-2.2</nobr></td><td align="right">.763</td><td align="right">1.50</td><td align="right">0.30</td><td align="right">2.1</td><td align="right">2.1</td><td align="right">0.7</td><td align="right">2.9</td><td align="right">3.6</td><td align="right">5.6</td><td align="right">12.1</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td align="right">G</td><td align="right">GS</td><td align="right">MIN</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right">FG</td><td align="right">FG%</td><td align="right">3P</td><td align="right">3P%</td><td align="right">FT</td><td align="right">FT%</td><td align="right">STL</td><td align="right">BLK</td><td align="right">TO</td><td align="right">PF</td><td align="right">OFF</td><td align="right">DEF</td><td align="right">TOT</td><td align="right">AST</td><td align="right">PTS</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>Totals</td><td> </td><td align="right">399</td><td align="right">368</td><td align="right">34.9</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="right"><nobr>5.0-12.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.410</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.9-2.9</nobr></td><td align="right">.327</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.4-3.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.782</td><td align="right">1.4</td><td align="right">0.2</td><td align="right">2.6</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">0.7</td><td align="right">2.7</td><td align="right">3.4</td><td align="right">6.4</td><td align="right">13.3</td></tr></tbody></table>

I like him for a number of reasons:

1) He averages 1.5 steals per game and is an exceptional defender at the PG spot. With the addition of D.J. Augustine, Felton at only 6'1'' was required to play some 2 guard the past couple of years although he was able to retain his starting PG job

2) He has always been revered for his speed and quickness. By now we should have all realized that Mike D's offense has the ability to inflate the stats of your average player. However, i think Felton could excel in this offense because of his uncanny ability to push the ball and get into the lane and create. He averages arounf

3) He's still young and cheap. Only 25 years old, he's still got his step and could be eager to bolt Charlotte, especially if Larry Brown ends up leaving. Not to mention, he only makes 5 mil. this year on a qualifying offer and could only end up costing us 5.5-6.5 mil per year for 2 or 3 years to test him out, and if something better presents itself after next season, then he can become our third guard coming off of the bench. Oddly enough, the Bobcats are in the playoffs this year so if you haven't gotten a chance to see him, take a look and let me know what you think.

this is what I hate about the people on this website

for 11 million dollars we can get a top tier player in the league in monta ellis.

has any one seen his stat line the dude is unreal, and with Mike D grooming him god only knows what he can do at the pg position. I mean realistically he is one of the top ten pgs in the league, and dont tell me thats why gs got curry, because curry is a 2 guard in a 1 body as well

monta is the real deal and if you dont agree then you are foolish

look at the line up

we have shot blocking

a deep bench

three pnt shooting

scoring

athleticism and height at each position

your a bunch of dummies if you actually are going to sit here and tell me the line up I suggested isnt amazing

bosh at the 4

camby at the 5

gallo at the 3

thats 2 6 10 guys, and a 7 foot shot clocker backed up by randolph and barron

plus interchanging ellis and douglas to engertic pgs

with knock down tall spread the floor shooters in korver and gallo

come on get off it
you are all a bunch of morons

and btw

ellis shoots 48 percent from the floor for his career
( bad shot taker my ass )

in his 4th season avg 25 - 5 - 5 - 2

explain to me why you would not want him on our team ?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Monta Ellis is the biggest chucker in the nba. He attempts over 20 shots a game. He's worse than Crawford when he was here, Harrington, and Hughes. He averages 5 assists and 4 turnovers. He shoots 33% from downtown. And I am not going to judge him on his career numbers, because his rookie year, he obviously did not get much time, the year he took the warriors against Dallas he has Davis and Capn Jack to back him up, and last year he was injured.

Did you seriously just call him a top tier player? Curry is so much better than him.

He attempts exactly 22 FGs a game. The only other players than attempt over 20 average 28, 27, 30, and 29 PPG. They are also Carmelo, Kobe, Durant, and Lebron. They also all shoot over 45% from the field. Ellis shoots 44% and averages 25 ppg.

for 11 million dollars we can get a top tier player in the league in monta ellis.

has any one seen his stat line the dude is unreal, and with Mike D grooming him god only knows what he can do at the pg position. I mean realistically he is one of the top ten pgs in the league, and dont tell me thats why gs got curry, because curry is a 2 guard in a 1 body as well

look at the line up

we have shot blocking

a deep bench

three pnt shooting

scoring

your a bunch of dummies if you actually are going to sit here and tell me the line up I suggested isnt amazing

bosh at the 4

camby at the 5

gallo at the 3

come on get off it

Listen man, I live on the west coast so I watch Monta Ellis play a lot while you are sleeping back east so I know his game. He's never been coached up at all because he didn't go to college and then Don Nelson just handed him the ball and said "go". Often times he plays out of control and in no way is he fit to run the point for a championship contending team. That's what we want to be, isn't it?

As for your assertion in the original post that "the knicks need a fast tempo scoring pg"...why? The teams who win in the league are the ones who have point guards who get their teammates involved and use their scoring to keep the defense off balance.

The Warriors selected Curry because he is better than Ellis lol. In Curry's rookie year he had higher FG%, FT%, and 3p%(about 10% higher) while having a comparable rest of the stat line, look it up.

So why don't I want Monta Ellis as the knicks pg? Let me count the ways...

1) Low basketball IQ
2) low assist/turnover ratio
3) low percentage from 3 while still shooting them in a high volume.
4) what about that incident where he fell off a moped and messed up his ankle, violating his contract, and then lied to the team to cover it up? ya, that happened lol
5) I don't like the way he carries himself on the court or his attitude in general

Point guard is the most important position on the floor, you can't just throw any scoring guard there because he is undersized. Point Guard is the coach on the floor, they make decisions on the fly with the ball in their hands, and I don't trust Ellis with making those decisions.

And as for your name calling because me, and almost everyone else who has posted, don't like your idea, that is just ignorant. If you can't discuss and debate things in a rational way then you probably shouldn't post on the board.

Paul1355

All Star
Monta Ellis makes 11 million dollars a year

David Lee will probably be signing with a team for similar cash per yr

Anthony randolph makes a rookie option salary

Wilson chandler about the same per yr

Golden State needs a strong finishing, good passing, running PF to compliment Steph Curry over the next few years.

The knicks need a slashing athletic PF and a fast up tempo scoring pg

NY knicks 2010 line up

M ellis
B Walker
D gallinari
C Bosh
M Camby

T douglas
E Barron
A randolph
J R giddens
K Korver

financially doable, and truly a dynamite squad on all levels.
this scnerio can actually happen...nice idea

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean realistically he is one of the top ten pgs in the league, and dont tell me thats why gs got curry, because curry is a 2 guard in a 1 body as well

Curry's averaged over 7 assists per game over the past 3 months.

If he came into the league as a 2 guard in a 1 guard body, his 14 assist games certainly seem to beg the contrary.

look at the line up

we have shot blocking

a deep bench

three pnt shooting

scoring

bosh at the 4

camby at the 5

gallo at the 3

come on get off it

Listen man, I live on the west coast so I watch Monta Ellis play a lot while you are sleeping back east so I know his game. He's never been coached up at all because he didn't go to college and then Don Nelson just handed him the ball and said "go". Often times he plays out of control and in no way is he fit to run the point for a championship contending team. That's what we want to be, isn't it?

As for your assertion in the original post that "the knicks need a fast tempo scoring pg"...why? The teams who win in the league are the ones who have point guards who get their teammates involved and use their scoring to keep the defense off balance.

The Warriors selected Curry because he is better than Ellis lol. In Curry's rookie year he had higher FG%, FT%, and 3p%(about 10% higher) while having a comparable rest of the stat line, look it up.

So why don't I want Monta Ellis as the knicks pg? Let me count the ways...

1) Low basketball IQ
2) low assist/turnover ratio
3) low percentage from 3 while still shooting them in a high volume.
4) what about that incident where he fell off a moped and messed up his ankle, violating his contract, and then lied to the team to cover it up? ya, that happened lol
5) I don't like the way he carries himself on the court or his attitude in general

Point guard is the most important position on the floor, you can't just throw any scoring guard there because he is undersized. Point Guard is the coach on the floor, they make decisions on the fly with the ball in their hands, and I don't trust Ellis with making those decisions.

And as for your name calling because me, and almost everyone else who has posted, don't like your idea, that is just ignorant. If you can't discuss and debate things in a rational way then you probably shouldn't post on the board.

you
have no idea what basketball I am watching, and what my knowledge is of the game
I have played it on all levels including professionally in Europe for 2 years
I have league pass and have watched monta play for a long time now
I was rational I used statistics, his age, the style of play matching our team, and the fact he does more than just score the ball
I acnt believe some one on here actually compared him to crawford, crawford was run out of golden state.

NYKing

Rookie
Without Lebron or Wade ...
JJ is not worth a MAX ...
The Sixers not wanting to negotiate Iggy ...

A good option for SG the Knicks is Monta Ellis !!!

Chandler+Curry+cash for Ellis+Randolph

PG-Livingston or Felton
SG-Ellis
SF-Gallo
PF-Bosh or Amare
C -Camby or J.O'neal

TDouglas, Ray Allen or Raja Bell, Walker, Randolph, Barron off the bench.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Man i wont knock out that ellis is a freak athlete .... But the guy chucks the ball and i freaking hate those we had some1 already on the knicks roster that did that in harrington and i sure dont want one to come and do it over again

you
have no idea what basketball I am watching, and what my knowledge is of the game
I have played it on all levels including professionally in Europe for 2 years
I have league pass and have watched monta play for a long time now
I was rational I used statistics, his age, the style of play matching our team, and the fact he does more than just score the ball
I acnt believe some one on here actually compared him to crawford, crawford was run out of golden state.
I never questioned your knowledge, and I'm glad you had fun in Europe for a couple of years. But you are wrong about two more things; 1) His age is the only stat you used, and it's irrelevant 2) He doesn't do anything else on the offensive end, and don't try to tell me he can run the point because he averages 5 assists per game, he also averages almost 4 turnovers, there's a stat for you.

Here's one more.

Monta Ellis' PER, according to the system developed by John Hollinger, is 16.74. That ranks 12th amongst shooting guards, which is what he is categorized as. If he were to be categorized as a point guard he would rank 15th.

Not a point guard. Definitely not a top 10 point guard. Not a winner. I'll pass.

....And I'm out.