Lebron Already a Knick?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LOL. Great website compiling articles and all the reasons LJ will be a Knick. They write it as if he were already a Knick.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/lebron/

Further, as evidenced from the letter below they send out to season ticket holders, the Garden is going under massive renovation over the next few years. Coincidence? I think not! We are on the verge of a Knick revival boys...rejoice!

<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2">​
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt solid black; padding: 0in;"> <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0in;">
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0in;" background="#FFF"> [FONT=&quot]
<o>:p></o>:p>[/FONT]

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0in;">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>​
<hr width="100%" align="center" size="2">​

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
lebron100517_2_banners_560.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
What I found the most curious was David Stern's ascertion that there is going to be "a basketball revival" in NY.

Remember he said the same sort of thing about the Knicks turning things around right before Isiah Thomas was fired.

He (Stern) also said in regards to the cap being at 56 million "That is what we are pushing for", why the push so hard this year and not any other? Stern is on our side, but will that be enough?

I don't know if Lebron will be a Knick, but something bout to go down and Stern knows it!

New New York

Quiet Storm
WOW.....upon reading the article I had no idea why being in NY would be so beneficial financially to Lebron

Now, I take this all with a grain of salt.....I mean is Kobe raking in the cash like this article is suggesting......or even better is Jeter or A Road making this kind of dough?

But nonetheless, there is some serious opportunity for Lebron in NY! We have the cap to sign Bosh too with some cash to add a couple role players or even one more starter. Not to mention Lebron is a bigger star than even Jeter and A Rod!

Think about it....Lebron would host SNL as he pleased, as well as MTV Award shows each year if he wanted, just to name a couple of ventures he would be more capable of taking part of.

If I'm Laruen Micheals (SNL top dog) and Lebron ended up in NY, I would have him host a show minutes after a Knick game ended and would cross promote that event w/ MSG The NBA and NBC, that would generate millions for all!

I never thought I'd say this....BUT LETS GO CELTICS! If Clev. falls in the second round this year after a disappointing loss in the East Semis last year with a team that was put together to get "The King his ring", then waive Clev. bye, bye and we are instantly the front runners!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Pretty persuasive stuff!

I'm not convinced though.

I still roll with Lebron signing a 3 year $100M deal to remain in Cleveland. Once all is won and done, it's off to Brooklyn w/ Jay Z, a host of great support from veteran players and a handful of titles.

That's as close as he'll get to pleasing everyone as well as himself.

Would you walk out on your home town, team mates, fans, franchise for your own benefit?

I wouldn't.

And I don't think he's losing any sleep over it either.

Opportunity's going nowhere and neither is James.

WOW.....upon reading the article I had no idea why being in NY would be so beneficial financially to Lebron

Now, I take this all with a grain of salt.....I mean is Kobe raking in the cash like this article is suggesting......or even better is Jeter or A Road making this kind of dough?

But nonetheless, there is some serious opportunity for Lebron in NY! We have the cap to sign Bosh too with some cash to add a couple role players or even one more starter. Not to mention Lebron is a bigger star than even Jeter and A Rod!

Think about it....Lebron would host SNL as he pleased, as well as MTV Award shows each year if he wanted, just to name a couple of ventures he would be more capable of taking part of.

If I'm Laruen Micheals (SNL top dog) and Lebron ended up in NY, I would have him host a show minutes after a Knick game ended and would cross promote that event w/ MSG The NBA and NBC, that would generate millions for all!

I never thought I'd say this....BUT LETS GO CELTICS! If Clev. falls in the second round this year after a disappointing loss in the East Semis last year with a team that was put together to get "The King his ring", then waive Clev. bye, bye and we are instantly the front runners!
Part of me feals as if all of the Knicks gretest Rivals and some friends want LeBron in New York.

First wall of deffense: Our 90s Darth Vader, The Bulls (Got destroyed by Cleveland)

Second Wall of deffense, The Boston Scumtics (currently tied 2-2 go Scumtics! go Nate the Great!)

Third Wall of deffense: The Orlando Magic (The Greatest Knick of the Last two decades is there assistant coach and this would probley be his last chance to "Somehow" bring a cvhampionship to NY by takin out the Cavs and sending LeBron there)

the Final wall of deffense: LA Lakers (if it comes to it Phil Jackson will be tryin hard to get LeBron in NY and to get one last ring.)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Pretty persuasive stuff!

I still roll with Lebron signing a 3 year $100M deal to remain in Cleveland. Once all is won and done, it's off to Brooklyn w/ Jay Z, a host of great support from veteran players and a handful of titles.

Would you walk out on your home town, team mates, fans, franchise for your own benefit?

I wouldn't.

How does one sign a 3 year $100 mil deal? Oh and Akron, not Cleveland is his home town. Yes, it's parsing a bit and both are close but that bit of a distinction may be the daylight Lebron uses to justify his move. (internally)

iSaYughh

Starter
If Phil Jackson really wants "antother ring", the last thing he should truly want is Lebron coming to us; and the best thing for him would be Bron simply staying put.

Lebron can will his team thruouut reg season to excellence. Get past the donkeys of the postseason.

But when it comes to taking on the big dogs of the NBA it is likely he will perpetually fall short. As singularly magnificent as he is, he can't make a group aging OK vets and scrubs win titles.

If he hasn't already acknowledged this, he certainly will if they get bounced this yr even w the Cavs' "big" power move of Jamison...

The second we trades Jeffries I've been rejoicing and saying how/why we WILL get Bron. At the very least, we have an excellent albeit (always) imperfect shot at him.

And by ensuing default, the best team in the game and the best franchise by far.

Walsh's game of chess will become one of dominos

Ironically, Isiah giving the Scumdicks Rondo may be what seals the deal on our great looming dynasty.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Pretty persuasive stuff!

I wouldn't.

Too many examples come to mind on this one! Simply put.....it happens all the time in Sports!

Reggie Miller became a star in Indy, but in the summer of 06 he wouldve bolted in a heartbeat had The Knicks made him the right offer. Shaq bounced on Orlando (a team that had just been in The Finals a year before) for LA to be in a bigger market! How many players in baseball have jumped ship to be Yankees?

In sports there is no such thing as loyalty to a team by a player, because at the end of the day, that same team's GM would trade any player if the right deal came along! Even Lebron is not exempt from that rule....imagine if Orlando offered Dwight Howard and Rahard Lewis for Lebron, you think Ferry would pledge his undying loyalty to Lebron?

A players home town means nothing, Wade has an opportunity to return to Chicago next season and when he was asked about it, he was not all that thrilled!

Not to mention Clev. as a city sucks! and like Trill said, it is not even his home town and The Cavs probably wasnt even his favorite team as a kid!

One thing we need to all remember about the "Brooklyn Nets", 1. there is still a pending lawsuit that could derail the team from even coming to Brooklyn, 2. the arena is not set to open until 2012.

Are we to think Lebron is going only sign a two year extension w/ The Cavs this offseason just so he can join the squad when they move to Brooklyn? Not to mention, how can we be certain The Nets will have the cap space to sign Lebron in 2012? by then their core of playes will be looking for extensions too.

Unless Lebron signs with The New Jersey Nets this offseason (very unlikely, with their record last year and not having a coach), it is highly unlikely he will ever be a "Brooklyn Net".

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Pretty persuasive stuff!

I wouldn't.

LeBron has a huge ego, though. While you might not walk out on your hometown and teammates, LeBron the egomaniac who's always searching for more accolades probably would.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
It's not like he was in Cleveland for 3 years, and is now bouncing.. he'll have given them 7 seasons... given if they don't win this year, which they won't, he'll have come up short 7 times, there's not much more you can ask of him... if you a Cleveland-er you can't really expect him to stay put his whole career until he wins one for you, just because he's from there... 'it's a business' as he's said, he's got to do 'what's right for him' after a certain point..

There's no way I see the cavs beating the Magic this year (or any other year for that matter), and i'd probably choose the Lakers over them as well.. in addition to all the off season trades that will be going down, making different teams even stronger, if someone like Bosh were to go to the Lakers, James will absolutely get no where near winning a championship for an even longer time... he has to make the right decision knowing where certain players may end up, and how much better these already better than cav teams will be

I do think the Cavs franchise would fade fast wout him, and i'm not sure how he'd cope with watching that unfold... but there's not much he can do.. he goes where he wants to go, and NYC fits his style much better than Cleveland..

If he comes to NYC i think Bosh will too, and that will be an automatic few rings...eerily similar to the way the Celtics were when they brought in KG and Allen.. Bosh / James / Gallo / Chandler, they'd be the guys to beat in the league.

Unless he plans on staying in Cleveland his entire career, this will be the best time for him to make a move.. he won't get an opportunity to play in the biggest city with another max star.... and as i said, the current Cav team will not beat the Magic, the Magic are decked out with talent between Howard/Cater/Lewis/Jamir .. and if Bosh goes to the Lakers, and Okl City gets more talent.. he isn't going to be able to do it himself... he can maybe beat the Bulls, perhaps even the current Celtics, on his own..

if this playoffs will show us anything, it's that the better teams, Magic/Lakers, will be able to whether his 40 pts games or 21 pt first quarters.. because they don't rely on one player, they're a team.. the Cavs are not

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How does one sign a 3 year $100 mil deal? Oh and Akron, not Cleveland is his home town. Yes, it's parsing a bit and both are close but that bit of a distinction may be the daylight Lebron uses to justify his move. (internally)
Ahhh typo and not being specific. An extension of 4-5 years @ $20m/year (not $30m) with an opt out after the third or fourth year. And James has shown his devotion to Ohio as well as his team mates. I dunno, I still can't see him bolting. I guess I'm going by my own standards though.

One thing we need to all remember about the "Brooklyn Nets", 1. there is still a pending lawsuit that could derail the team from even coming to Brooklyn, 2. the arena is not set to open until 2012.

I see. I didn't know that. Hmmmm changes things a bit. Cheers. No way he signs with NJ! Unless he suffers a nasty blow to the frontal lobe against the Celtics.

Last edited: