Why $30 Million is not a legitimate argument in why top FAs should not leave

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Think about it for a second. Cleveland can pay LBJ 30 mil more over 6 years. The 30 million is overall, but not per year (obviously). The 125 million is over 6 years, the per year average is 20.8 million, as compared to 95 million over 5 years or 19 million per year. It's really a 17 million dollar difference over 6 years (after the incorporation of inflation and top max contract in 5 years from now - it's really an educated guest since I am not an analyst). Without an apples-to-apples comparison, the argument isn't valid.

That's it! Just my :2cents:

Paul1355

All Star
Think about it for a second. Cleveland can pay LBJ 30 mil more over 6 years. The 30 million is overall, but not per year (obviously). The 125 million is over 6 years, the per year average is 20.8 million, as compared to 95 million over 5 years or 19 million per year. It's really a 17 million dollar difference over 6 years (after the incorporation of inflation and top max contract in 5 years from now - it's really an educated guest since I am not an analyst). Without an apples-to-apples comparison, the argument isn't valid.

That's it! Just my :2cents:
James said he hates being locked up in long contracts

Wherever he goes it will be for 3 or 4 years max