Amare/D'Antoni reunited?

Velcro

Rookie
no way amare gets the max. He's an amazing offensive player but don't forget steve nash makes everyone look 50 times better then they actually are...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's a lemon on the boards and couldn't pass on the common cold. I think he's too predictable. He's fallen apart like a lego man a number of times and still has the tenacity yo call Bosh softer than him.

Nash out rebounded on a handful of occasions in their recent playoff run.

No way he gets max.

Much prefer to have Lee.

yeah man, Lee is a better jump shooter, passer, ball handler, foul shooter, chemistry player, finisher around the basket ( and i dont mean high light dunks, i mean if amare doesnt get a dunk chance, he cant really finish off the glass or readjust ). Not saying I want to give Lee a max contract, but in truth Lee is the better , healthier, more over all skilled player.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Lee is the better player indeed ... but we all know mike d'antonis man crush on his favorite players and amare is one of them .... and when mike says something i believe donnie will do it ... so amare gettin a MAX here in NY it can happen ... the only positive note i have on amare is that he can draw double teams

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. Amare can draw double teams but it usually means a turnover for him.

He's a selfish player who isn't a willing passer. He's a wuss on rebounding, he gets outrebounded by a 6'3" Steve Nash.

I don't want him.

I'd rather have David Lee, who is a willing passer, better rebounder, doesn't get injured, is younger, and, I dunno, HUSTLES.

moneyg

Starter
so im assumming most of you guys think brook lopez is better than amare too... since lee is better than amare.. right???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yeah. Amare can draw double teams but it usually means a turnover for him.

He's a selfish player who isn't a willing passer. He's a wuss on rebounding, he gets outrebounded by a 6'3" Steve Nash.

I don't want him.

I'd rather have David Lee, who is a willing passer, better rebounder, doesn't get injured, is younger, and, I dunno, HUSTLES.

And probably 6 mil a year cheaper!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Here's the thing - David Lee DOES NOT have a questionable work ethic either.

First season ever he was criticized for having a 57.7 FT%. Worked on it, and now he hits it regularly. He was criticized for not having a jumper. Now he's automatic from 15 feet.

Amare is criticized every year for being a selfish player who can't pass and doesn't grab rebounds. Has any of that ever changed? No, he's the same exact player he was 4 years ago...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
He's a lemon on the boards and couldn't pass on the common cold. I think he's too predictable. He's fallen apart like a lego man a number of times and still has the tenacity yo call Bosh softer than him.

Nash out rebounded on a handful of occasions in their recent playoff run.

No way he gets max.

Much prefer to have Lee.

Pretty much this right here.

Paul1355

All Star
No max contract and Lee is better value

There seems to be no question Stoudamire will leave Phoenix. I think he's a natural fit here because D'Antoni coached him and he definitely has the style to play run and gun.

He wants the max, do you sign him despite his questionable defense and his mediocre rebounding.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Stoudemire-done-in-Phoenix?urn=nba,249144
I'd rather have David Lee for 12 million a year than Amare for a penny more.

Amare also talked bad about his former teams defense when Mike D was there...basically saying that they never played defense until Alvin Gentry came to town.
Amare has had Steve Nash with him and has played the PF spot all season while David Lee had Chris Duhon as a PG and played Center, yet Lee averaged close same numbers and was still an allsar.

I pick Lee over Amare

And we should be aiming for Chris Bosh not Amare

The list of PF we should look at by order
Bosh
Lee
Nowitzki
Boozer
Amare
Tyrus Thomas

tiger0330

Legend
Lee is the better player indeed ... but we all know mike d'antonis man crush on his favorite players and amare is one of them .... and when mike says something i believe donnie will do it ... so amare gettin a MAX here in NY it can happen ... the only positive note i have on amare is that he can draw double teams
Well lets see what happens, I agree with the consensus here that he's not worth the max but D'Antoni is such a homer and has had success with the guy that he may try to sign him. Hopefully Walsh stands up to D'Antoni if he tries to bring Amare to the Knicks.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'd rather have David Lee for 12 million a year than Amare for a penny more.

Amare also talked bad about his former teams defense when Mike D was there...basically saying that they never played defense until Alvin Gentry came to town.
Amare has had Steve Nash with him and has played the PF spot all season while David Lee had Chris Duhon as a PG and played Center, yet Lee averaged close same numbers and was still an allsar.

I pick Lee over Amare

And we should be aiming for Chris Bosh not Amare

The list of PF we should look at by order
Bosh
Lee
Nowitzki
Boozer
Amare
Tyrus Thomas

Amen.

My biggest gripe with Amare is the fact that he can't grab rebounds worth CRAP despite the fact that he's probably one of the most physically built players in the NBA.

You're freaking RIPPED as HELL and you're 6'10" and you get out-rebounded by a 6'3" POINT GUARD? Amare lacks DESIRE and turns the ball over too much for somebody who doesn't pass the ball enough.

Paul1355

All Star
Amen.

My biggest gripe with Amare is the fact that he can't grab rebounds worth CRAP despite the fact that he's probably one of the most physically built players in the NBA.

You're freaking RIPPED as HELL and you're 6'10" and you get out-rebounded by a 6'3" POINT GUARD? Amare lacks DESIRE and turns the ball over too much for somebody who doesn't pass the ball enough.
exactly i just dont like Amare, he blew so many shots in the playoffs this year against the Lakers that I wonder if Bosh was in there if Phoenix would have easily won.

If Bosh or Lee had Nash and the supporting cast in Phoenix with Robin Lopez...come on it would be an easy win to what I saw from the lakers that series.

Amare is over rated until he can prove he is great without an allstar PG.

He has to go to the Bulls, Heat, or stay in Phoenix.

Amare to Knicks

I think he will get the Max contract. Maybe he is not worth it but he will get it. I would like him here but dont want to loose Lee.