Chris Bosh: Targeted by the Cavaliers in a Sign and Trade

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
ESPN Cleveland's Kenny Roda has reported that the Cavaliers have contacted the Toronto Raptors regarding possible sign and trade opportunities for All-Star power forward Chris Bosh.

Needless to say, acquiring Bosh would heavily influence LeBron James into staying put.

Assuming the Cavaliers packaged either Mo Williams or Antawn Jamison with J.J. Hickson and a future first round draft pick, Cleveland could boast a lineup with the reigning MVP, a perennial All-Star in Bosh, and another potential All-Star in either Williams or Jamison.

Consequently, if such a deal were to be struck, the Cavs could potentially dominate the league instantly.Needless to say, this offseason's free-agent landscape would then be drastically altered.With LeBron and Bosh teaming up, it is probable that many other high-profile free agents would seek similar situations with star-laden squads.

Therefore, the teams with the ability to afford two maximum contracts would likely be at an advantage when pursuing the remaining big-time free agents. This could see the Heat, Knicks, and Nets all become major players going forward?even more than they had been previously.However, as of now, there is nothing but talking going on between Cleveland and Toronto.So the rest of the league has nothing to fear?yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408394-chris-bosh-targeted-by-the-cavaliers-in-a-sign-and-tradeus

LOOK we all can dream just like i have ... but it aint happening lebron in ny , bulls , ect he not coming period .... some1 in this site made a 2010 lineup and i included bosh joining cavs and that's what's going to happen ..... LETS KEEP dreaming ... until july :boohoo:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is total bullshit. Why?

Who the **** REALLY thinks the Raptors would accept ANTAWN JAMISON and MO WILLIAMS for CHRIS BOSH?

That'd be even more rigged than the Pau Gasol trade

smokes

Huge Member
And why would Bosh agree to a sign and trade when Lebron is not committing to the Cavs?

This could happen but it's no reason to lose hope of us getting Lebron. Sure the Cavs would get Bosh, but when you remove Mo AND Jamison from their lineup, they are EVEN worse than the Knicks (which they already are without Lebron).

I don't see Bosh agreeing to this unless him and Lebron talked beforehand, and that can't happen til July 1st anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bosh would be a great asset on the Cavs, but hiring a winning NBA playoff headcoach (Byron Scott) is more important when it comes to resigning Lebron James.
Do not let the Cavs organization or their fans know this .... hiring headcoach Byron Scott and signing Eddie Jordan as his assistant coach with a little above the salary Philly gave Eddie Jordan would have Lebron resign without a question.
And then the Cavs could go full swing at signing FA SG-Joe Johnson.
The Cavs been weak as hell at the SG spot the last two seasons.
Varegao, Hickson, and Jamison could hold down the C/F position.

The Cleveland Cavs had two top winning regular season records in a row, after their visit to the FINALS.
Believe me Lebron did not do all that by himself, he may have been a huge part of the Cavs 3 year success but .........................
it's time to get Lebron a strategical playoff series headcoach to take him to the FINALS. And Byron Scott is the best available headcoach to fit that bill.
Not a college playoff coach Izzo.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why would Toronto do this deal!

Especially if it is not for Mo Williams, JJ Hick and Jamison! I dont doubt they reached out to Toronto and if this is what they proposed, then the convo was not long at all!

They blew it by not getting Amare at the deadline....now they got to sweat it out as to if Lebron is leaving or not.

Scribbles

Rotation player
This report is bullshit.

1) Ohh yea... It makes real sense for Bosh to go from Toronto to Cleveland. Toronto has the bigger market - believe it or not...

2) Izzo didn't nab the coaching vacancy. Why? Because it's not a given LBJ is coming back. You think Bosh is gonna accept that trade? Nope.

3) Who in their right mind would trade Bosh for Jamison's horrondous contract? and I don't think they want Mo back... They can easily get better options by just letting him walk and using that cap space to sign better players. TORONTO WILL NOT TRADE BOSH FOR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS WITH BAD CONTRACTS Makes ZERO sense....

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I haven't seen much of JJ Hickson but I've heard he's got potential. Putting him, Mo or Jamison, and an unprotected future first round pick could convince Toronto to pull the deal. If the Cavs pull the deal, I could see Lebron staying in Cleveland. I hope this doesn't happen.

tiger0330

Legend
David Lee and Bill Walker would be a better SnT deal for Toronto than the Cavs deal. There must be a number of teams that could put together better deals than that Cavs deal, if Cleveland is going to lose Lebron, use him in a SnT for Bosh.

Paul1355

All Star
Nothing moving forward...Cavs have no ideal options

This is total bullshit. Why?

Who the **** REALLY thinks the Raptors would accept ANTAWN JAMISON and MO WILLIAMS for CHRIS BOSH?

That'd be even more rigged than the Pau Gasol trade
thats what I thought

Why would they want Jamison who is decreasing and getting older?

Why would they want Mo Williams who is over paid while the Raptors already have a bloated contract with Jose Calderon?

The only upside of this trade for the Raptors is a first round pick and JJ Hickson, who might not be starter material but obviously looked good with Lebron next time(who doesnt look good with James next to him)

The Raptors will prob recieve calls and see whats up but honestly the Cavs have nothing better than what the Knicks can offer in David Lee, the Heat with Beasley and a pick, or the Bulls with Deng/Hienrich....so I see this as a rumor at best

The Cavs have been trying everything to keep lebron and if he goes, they will be in total rebuild mode.

This is surprising but just rumors.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Toronto would be the worst franchise in the NBA if they accepted this deal.

Do they really think JAMISON (who's like 36, terrible, and still has 2 more years on contract), Mo Williams (who's a league average point guard, essentially), and Hickson (who looks good playing next to James but WHO DOESNT) and a first-round pick (which would be a TERRIBLE first-round pick because if the Cavaliers get Bosh and LeBron they'll be picking at 28th or 29th AT BEST) is better than, I dunno, David Lee and Bill Walker?

Lee+Walker would be a MUCH better deal than Hickson/Jamison/etc.

Seriously imagine the Raptors if they made that deal with the Cavs...they'd be the WORST team in the league LOL