I will be in a RAGE if Joe Johnson is signed here

knicksin60

Starter
Doesn't Joe Johnson take 23 seconds off the shot clock to hit a jumper? If the Knicks sign him then D'antoni could say goodbye to ball movement.Giving him and Rudy Gay max contracts would be similar to giving Houston and Sprewell max's.They might as well bring Marcus Camby back as well if they're going to overpay for players like Joe Johnson.

KBlack25

Starter
Co-sign 100%. I have this sinking feeling, however, that he will be in a Knicks uniform, "lead" us to 6th place in the conference, and decide in the playoffs he doesn't feel like playing anymore, just like this year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** Joe Johnson. I've said it tens of billions of times.

Old, over rated, boring, going downhill faster than a roll of swiss cheese. How did this guy even get mentioned in the free agent summit? Are KO.com the only people that think he's a lesbian in disguise?

Give Walker his shot at the 2 before signing on a player that backed out not only on his team, but his fans as well. If you play like a fag on the big stage, you don't only deserve NOT to get a large contract, you also deserve to be booed by your home crowd for being s.h.i.t. and if you cry about it, you're a biznitch.

Sickeningly enough, I'd even prefer Ray Allen.

Kiyaman

Legend
Giving Joe Johnson a max contract is bad.
Letting Joe Johnson be our starting/finishing SG for the next 4 years puts us in the Playoffs the next 4 years.

Joe Johnson leadership on the court, plus keeping discipline in the lockerroom made the Hawks into a playoff team.
Atlanta Hawks been missing a decent decision making PG throughout Joe Johnson tour in Atlanta. And that is just one of the reason why Joe refuse to sit down to negotiate the extension offer the Hawks organization handed him during the season.

How long do u think SG-Joe Johnson wouldve put up with Duhon bum performance this season???

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im all for getting J.J just not at the max i'd give him 13 Mil. thats his worth he dont like it then on to the next one:cool:

Kiyaman

Legend
**** Joe Johnson. I've said it tens of billions of times.

Old, over rated, boring, going downhill faster than a roll of swiss cheese. How did this guy even get mentioned in the free agent summit? Are KO.com the only people that think he's a lesbian in disguise?

Give Walker his shot at the 2 before signing on a player that backed out not only on his team, but his fans as well. If you play like a fag on the big stage, you don't only deserve NOT to get a large contract, you also deserve to be booed by your home crowd for being s.h.i.t. and if you cry about it, you're a biznitch.

Sickeningly enough, I'd even prefer Ray Allen.

u really dont know, do u?
I like Ray Allen but his defense has never beeen up to par with Joe Johnson.
The day Marbury became a Knick, SG-Joe Johnson became a 21-5-5 stat player, and his stats been like that ever since.
Joe Johnson was the teammate that made the big improvement to Steve Nash skills n talent within the 2004-5 season.
Which is why the Lottery Hawks offered JJ all that money.

tiger0330

Legend
If we don't get Lebron or Bosh, I see D"Antoni bringing in JJ and Amare. D'Antoni is like a lot of coaches, he has a comfort level with guys because he coached them and he has had success with both the guys in the SSOL.

What is Walsh going to do if he can't get his two top guys, sit on his hands and waste all that cap space. I just hope these guys can get better deals somewhere else.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ばか!

u really dont know, do u?
I like Ray Allen but his defense has never beeen up to par with Joe Johnson.
The day Marbury became a Knick, SG-Joe Johnson became a 21-5-5 stat player, and his stats been like that ever since.
Joe Johnson was the teammate that made the big improvement to Steve Nash skills n talent within the 2004-5 season.

I'll tell you what I really don't know Kiya:

1. Why you make things up -
What UTTER bull shit! You're on the cusp of reality and senility I swear.

:alert:STOP MANIFESTING BULLSHIT TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU KNOW SOMETHING. THE ENTIRE SITE IS SICK OF IT.:alert:

Nash and Nowitzki became All Stars together.

2. Why you rant like a bafoon about the management and coaching staff but never seem to realise in posts like these, that it's about MONEY. Ray Allen would be less than half the salary of Joe Johnson, but is more than half as good a player. Especially in the playoffs.

Do you have any understanding of the salary cap, MLE, contract clauses etc.? Because I'm yet to see you add anything intelligent about Donnie playing his cards right this off season. It's so paramount that we don't waste cash on players like Johnson.

If you don't get it, talk to LJ4ptplay.

I bet they're rubbing their hands with glee that he turned down their most recent extension proposal now. They dodged a bullet for sure.

Last edited:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
What happened to Joe Johnson? Dude used to be a beast and a team player when he first arrived in ATL. The past two seasons, he became into one of the most selfish players in the league. We don't need that. We need our best player to lead us into battle and not give up halfway through. I really hope that we don't sign him. No matter if he's the last person available.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Joe Johnson is a good player, he's just not a max player and can't be the #1 player on a team. If he was teamed with Lebron, he would have a field day because instead of being the focus of the defense, he and Gallo would be getting open looks from everywhere because the defense would be focused on Lebron.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't even want Johnson for a few million less than max. I realize not every exceptional player is gonna have a good Playoff game, but he showed me nothing.