Curry picks up option can be traded now

knicksin60

Starter
Eddie Curry shouldn't even have an option.Giving 11 million dollars to someone who is overweight, lazy, incompetent and useless at the job that he was entrusted with should be a felony in this country.Him, Jerome James and Isiah Thomas should be scrubbing the cell floors at Rikers right now for all the damage they've caused the Knicks and their fans.

moneyg

Starter
Good news for us. Don't u find it interesting that he the first one to exercise or decline his option. Means he will probably be traded thursday night. I hope its a good one.

CoolClyde

curry in a hurry

PLEASE donnie, trade curry, trade that fat f*ck asap, make his lazy stupid immature loser-ass go away in a hurry!
Draft night in 2 days! holy guacamole b'atman!
curry.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good news for us. Don't u find it interesting that he the first one to exercise or decline his option. Means he will probably be traded thursday night. I hope its a good one.

Or at least there is a trade that Donnie is trying to work. I imagine that although it is a given that he was going to pick up the option, teams probably did not want to even talk unless he had.

Hopefully something can get done.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Oh man, I hope Donnie is pulling something off on Thursday. Maybe him and Curry agreed on a trade to a team he wants to go to. :crossfingers: Why does Draft night feel so far away???

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Don't read into this too much. He picked up his option a while ago but it wasn't reported until now. Remember, he needs the money badly. He's in serious debt.

Don't expect too much for the Knicks on draft night. They don't have many assets to trade. And buying a first round pick will eat into cap space.

Expect us to make our 2nd round picks and wait until July 1st. That's all.

Last edited:

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
you retarded

Don't read into this too much. He picked up his option a while ago but it wasn't reported until now. Remember, he needs the money badly. He's in serious debt.

Don't expect too much for the Knicks on draft night. They don't have many assets to trade. And buying a first round pick will eat into cap space.

Expect us to make our 2nd round picks and wait until July 1st. That's all.

r u freaking serious you and half the posters here are stupid straight up.....what doyou mean we have no trade chips EC contract alone is a Trade chip plus TD, Chandler shit Im hoping for a small miracle something along the lines of that supposed trade with the spurs but, instead let it be NOH for C.Paul.......Something has to go down I believe it will so stfu with your negative vibes.............

LJ4ptplay

Starter
r u freaking serious you and half the posters here are stupid straight up.....what doyou mean we have no trade chips EC contract alone is a Trade chip plus TD, Chandler shit Im hoping for a small miracle something along the lines of that supposed trade with the spurs but, instead let it be NOH for C.Paul.......Something has to go down I believe it will so stfu with your negative vibes.............

Jesus dude! Relax. Who's the stupid one? The one that knows the cap situation and how it works or the one that thinks Curry can get us CP3?

Just trying to be realistic. I'm sorry, but Curry + Douglas + Chandler for Chris Paul is not realistic. It's not realistic for Tony Parker either. You want to believe it, by all means, go ahead. Just don't come crying and bitching about how Donnie did nothing on draft day.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

whoa, someone needs a chill pill to go along with that blunt.
I agree, SOMETHING's gonna happen with NYK cum draft night... :crossfingers:
no way in hell Donnie's gonna sit tight til July 1st with what we got now...
LBJ needs some coaxing with REAL PROVEN PLAYERS.
...but trade for C3PO? that's not dreaming, that's just high talk. real high... hah! pass that sh*t here!
:peace:

Scribbles

Rotation player
....or maybe Curry is the only player in this league that wouldn't even command a $36 contract. Of course, he's going to take everything he's owed.

No one else will pay him.

But I do think he will be traded. No way NYC goes into their new franchise direction with Curry still on the roster. He's poison.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

How ironic that this is the stupidest post I've seen on here of late.

Negative vibes? How about - you are wasted if you think we'll get Paul in that trade. :teeth:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
How come there's no mention of David Lee in here? Do you guys think we're going to try to hold onto him until after the 1st to try and entice another team with a sign and trade?

I would think that New Orleans would explore the option of moving one of their PGs and one of their heavy contracts for a solid young David Lee, then dangle David West out there to see who bites and what they can get. They can essentially pull off two draft night trades and give themselves some flexibility to rebuild going forward.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I could see NO trading CP3 and Peterson/Posey for David Lee and Eddie Curry's fat ass. Then explore a David West trade to a team like the Jazz or Thunder for a few more young players who's contracts don't quite equal his $8mil (provided that they have the cap space, I know the Thunder do) and they're set.

They'd have Collinson, Thorton, and Lee as their key pieces, then a combo of Peja's $15 mil and Curry's $11 mil coming off the books next year, plus they could possibly grab a pick from the Thunder tonight or maybe a CJ Miles or Wes Mathews from the Jazz (if the cap permits.)

I don't see why having a young talented, semi-proven core and $25 mil+ to spend next year in your rebuilding efforts would be....bad.

Donnie could most definitely sell this to the team. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility.

Kiyaman

Legend

Slow down! no need for all the crazy talk.
u mentioning "CP3" makes everyone think u lost your mind.
I dont care what reporters write, CP3 is in the class of Kobe, D.Wade, Lebron, and D.Howard.

Now lets get back to Knick Basketball.
Walsh not making any trades in the last two drafts is forced to make a move on this draft night. Which is not good.
Walsh was force to make trades on the deadline, inwhich we lost 3 first round picks.
The last 30 years of Knick trades the "next team" always got the better of the trades (except when we traded for Sprewell & Camby).
I hate when the Knicks are forced to make a trade or sign a FA.

Curry is now an expiring contract player in debt.....thats good for us, and the team we trade him to. We have to stop the cycle of trading our players for the next team garbage players.