Wolves want to get rid of Jefferson

smokes

Huge Member
The Wolves appear determined to trade Al Jefferson.

Minnesota had been discussing making a trade of Jefferson for Zach Randolph, but talks are currently dead.

Randolph has one year remaining on his contract and Minnesota would possibly waive him.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._determined_to_trade_jefferson/#ixzz0rjJWozTA

I wonder if we're looking into this deal. Yeah his contract runs for a while but it's not an absurdly large contract, scales 1 mil per year through 2013.

Not a bad center, gets a few blocks, and almost 20/10 player.

Since they're reportedly considering a trade for Randolph to waive him, could we dump Curry on them along with say Chandler and get this deal done? We wouldn't lose much cap this way.

Douglas/Armon Johnson (pick)
Lebron/Walker
Gallo/Lebron
Lee or Bosh
Jefferson/Barron

Ouch!

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I wonder if we're looking into this deal. Yeah his contract runs for a while but it's not an absurdly large contract, scales 1 mil per year through 2013.

Since they're reportedly considering a trade for Randolph to waive him, could we dump Curry on them along with say Chandler and get this deal done? We wouldn't lose much cap this way.

If they are looking to just dump the player they get anyways, then why would need to even include Wilson?

I agree if this report is true (probably isnt) then Curry is a perfect fit for Minny! But Jefferson is a major risk to me! His numbers dipped significantly last season, So really if we give them the cap relief then they have to throw in Rubio.

Now what makes me question the validity of this report is why would they trade for a player making 6 million more? I mean even with them waiving the player they are screwing themselves on this deal....but of course in the long run they are saving a lot of money.

This just in....while reading responding I found a report suggesting that no such deal is in the works!

Paul1355

All Star

Douglas/Armon Johnson (pick)
Lebron/Walker
Gallo/Lebron
Lee or Bosh
Jefferson/Barron

Ouch!
This can only work if Kahn will except Curry's contract which is possible because he makes bad risky moves and the T Wolves need cap space next year for Ricky Rubio and/or anyone else they are waiting for over seas.

I would take Jefferson and make him our center in a heart beat.

We would have a very strong front court with Lee and Al Jefferson down low...Jefferson is a force in the paint, he can draw defenders for Lee and Gallo outside.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Al Jefferson, always injured and somewhat of a ballhog....no thanks i'll pass

Lee's better then him

Xeneise

Rookie
This can only work if Kahn will except Curry's contract which is possible because he makes bad risky moves and the T Wolves need cap space next year for Ricky Rubio and/or anyone else they are waiting for over seas.

I would take Jefferson and make him our center in a heart beat.

We would have a very strong front court with Lee and Al Jefferson down low...Jefferson is a force in the paint, he can draw defenders for Lee and Gallo outside.

Would possibly be the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA. I like the idea of trading Curry for Jefferson, signing a defensive center to go along with the Bron/Bosh dream. Even though Bosh isn't a center, we'd play him there. Or sign a decent defensive center and pair Lebron with let's say Rudy Gay.

Paul1355

All Star
Would possibly be the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA. I like the idea of trading Curry for Jefferson, signing a defensive center to go along with the Bron/Bosh dream. Even though Bosh isn't a center, we'd play him there. Or sign a decent defensive center and pair Lebron with let's say Rudy Gay.
Jefferson averaged over a block per game, I dont know about his man to man defense.

If we are stuck with losing plan A to C then getting Al Jeff and resigning Lee is not a bad idea.

Remember that we started off 6-2 before Zach Randolph was traded, because Lee and Randolph were a great combination, Lee is a good passer and they would feed each other and draw guy from each other. Lee can be good with any big man.