The Official I Want David Lee Thread

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Many of us expressed our opinions on him, how much we should offer, should pass up on him, what he needs to do to be offered a contract from us, etc., so let's not make this thread about that. Let's keep this thread strictly for the ones who want him back.

I'll be the first to sign.

Many of us expressed our opinions on him, how much we should offer, should pass up on him, what he needs to do to be offered a contract from us, etc., so let's not make this thread about that. Let's keep this thread strictly for the ones who want him back.

I'll be the first to sign.
I want him back. He really deserves to be here more then Bosh and is Just as good for less money.

metrocard

Legend
Amare > Lee > Bosh

I would keep Lee though, we can get him for a cheaper price and sign another player. Amare/Bosh are an injury away from never playing at their all star level. David Lee is durable and consistant.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare > Lee > Bosh

I would keep Lee though, we can get him for a cheaper price and sign another player. Amare/Bosh are an injury away from never playing at their all star level. David Lee is durable and consistant.

We could also get Bosh and sign another player. We've had too many losing seasons with Lee. Time for a change.

Sorry, I know this is a Pro-Lee thread.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yep Lee should difiently stay a knick b/c he is the heart and soul of this team.I don't see how anybody can put the blame on him b/c of our losing seasons.Hell we was losing way before he came to NY so throw that theory out the window.We need more like him on our team! He loves to play the game and always gives 110%.RESIGN LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Did the Celtics dump Paul Pierce because he was a part of so many losing seasons?

Keep in mind that Pierce was part of a team that had only 24 wins the season before that. What did the Celtics do? They COMPLEMENTED him with players.

That's what we should do with David Lee. David Lee is not a bad player to have - he hustles and he works hard. Lee has improved a major skillset every single year since he's gotten into the league. Free Throw shooting was a negative? Not anymore. Mid-range Jumper was bad? Not anymore. Now he's working on a 3 pt. shot. He might never be amazing defensively, but he'll be way better when he's moved to PF instead of having to play C.

If we get David Lee and LeBron James we've spent let's say 28 million dollars of our cap room, that leaves us with another 5 million we can spend. We can use it to sign a cheap PG (Luke Ridnour, Steve Blake, Rafer Alston, etc.) and then we can trade Curry for Biedrins and Anthony Morrow and then we're an all-star team.

Ewing2008

Rookie
Keep Lee!

Lee is the best rebounder, best all around scorer, best compliment to Lebron, doesn't need to hold or hog the ball to score, soon to be best defender of the top available forwards, soon to be best 3 pt shooter of the bunch, the best passer, highly efficient, best ambidexterity, best attitude, least injury prone, wants to be in NY the most, best worker, most intelligent, best learner, best hustler, best foul shooter, best at improving every year, the coach loves him, and Lee is the least costly - best value bar none, allows you to sign players for other needs such as PG or center. Lee is simply the best, better than all the rest.

Last edited:

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Lee, leave it on the floor day in and day out, his work ethic n heart alone should make us resign him.

:agreed:

I'll sign this big time as there are so many reasons to re-sign him, including: he is talented, a workhouse, unselfish, has a positive attitude, is constantly improving his game, homegrown, still has a lot of upside, he loves NY and appreciates the fan base, he is a fan favorite and he wants to be a Knick. Oh and he averaged 20 points and almost 12 rebounds.

Basically, there are no other players who you can say all of the above about.

Paul1355

All Star
IF we can't get LBJ and Bosh than I say sign Lee to a 5 year 12 million a year that stays level with a 1 million playoff incentive.

Then we have 22 million left in cap space...go after Rudy Gay and a center(Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood)

Douglas
Gay
Gallo
Lee
T Chandler or Haywood

bench-
Walker
W Chandler
Barron
Rautins
Fields
Jordan

Lee can be your franchise player if you surround him with decent players and a center that can play defense.

The only problem is Douglas' ability to feed Lee quality passes.

We might have to go for a good PG this free agency.

Or try to get Tony Parker/Collison

CoolClyde

Nobody Doesn't Like David Lee

First of all, it's up to El BJ, if he wants to come to NYC, and if he wants David Lee on the team. I'm sure if LeBronx signs with the Knicks, he'll stipulate who he wants to play with. Will he want DLEE as his teammate? WHO WOULDN'T??!!? IMO, DLEE is better than Varea-hole or any other Clevelander.

Secondly, it's up to David Lee's money-grubbing agent, and whether he'll jump at the money offered Lee instead of waiting to see what happens with Knicks and their maxi-pad free agent plan 2010 from outer space quest.

After Plan 2010 goes into action (ie: where El BJ signs), the Knicks will focus on retaining DLee's services and all he can bring to the table.

Donnie's no retard, D'amntoni played the sh*t out of DLEE all year, they know what they have in DLEE, the heart and soul of NYC basketball.

Personally, he's been my favorite Knicks for the past five years, has steadily improved every facet of his game, KNOWS that he has to improve his Dee, and has taken steps to add a 3 to his multi-faceted talent. He is a winner waiting to be part of a winning team, let's hope that team is the Knicks!!
:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no replacement for David Lee

I havnt chaged my mind about David Lee,
he shouldve received an extension 2 years ago.
Fukk this 2010 Plan when it comes to ambidextrous David Lee who can catch/pass/shoot/and rebound with both hands.
Donnie Walsh first priority on July 1st. is to hand David Lee a 6 year contract first thing in the mourning.

Putting all your eggs in one basket will probably cost us to lose David Lee to the next NBA team. The Knick franchise will be humiliated by the 2010 top FA if Lee signs with another team.

Donnie Walsh shouldve let everyone know that David Lee is a Knick keeper (two seasons ago) this wouldve entice 2010 FA bigmen like Bosh, Amare, Dirk, or Boozer to want to join up with the Knicks to tandem-up with Lee in the frontcourt.
Especially with us having SF-Chandler & SF-Gallo.
Then in the 2011 offseason we couldve search for Guards.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
IF we can't get LBJ and Bosh than I say sign Lee to a 5 year 12 million a year that stays level with a 1 million playoff incentive.

Then we have 22 million left in cap space...go after Rudy Gay and a center(Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood)

Douglas
Gay
Gallo
Lee
T Chandler or Haywood

bench-
Walker
W Chandler
Barron
Rautins
Fields
Jordan

Lee can be your franchise player if you surround him with decent players and a center that can play defense.

The only problem is Douglas' ability to feed Lee quality passes.

We might have to go for a good PG this free agency.

Or try to get Tony Parker/Collison

Nice one Paulie! Good team for sure. Not sure what Mike D would say about it though.

The consensus on James' decision, according to his "team", is that his decision will take roughly 3 weeks.

Imagine the offers Lee will receive from teams like NJ, OKC, Miami etc. in that time.

Re-sign Lee now before we lose our best player in the last 5-6 years. He's been so loyal and improved markedly as well as being a rare combination on offense.

mafra

Legend
I'm on board. Putting Lee with Bosh, or Amar'e, gives us INSANE interior offense and rebounding dominance.

I'm on record that plan-B should be to give Amar'e 12-14 mil, Lee-JJ 9-10 mil.

Johnson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee
Amar'e

That's a decent starting five.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm on board. Putting Lee with Bosh, or Amar'e, gives us INSANE interior offense and rebounding dominance.

Johnson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee
Amar'e

Man, that's a flat out insult to Lee. If they'd take $12M each, I'd still say Lee is the most productive of the 3. Lee>Amar'e. And David did what he did this year without anyone serving him his stats. People can say it's the system, but it's purely speculative. He improved when he had to and he's as durable as a Sherman tank.

Stoudemire is a lego man. Just waiting to be pulled apart. Johnson choked hard when it counted. Even worse than Charles Smith. And he took out his frustrations on his fans.

A fair point against Lee is that he's yet to be tested when it matters. But Stat and Johnson have showed what they DON'T have when winning big is on the line.

If you're advocating Amar'e, he has produced when it counts. But he's ****ing damaged. That's why you don't hear about any elaborate schemes or proposals from teams in the FA race, that include his name.

mafra

Legend
Man, that's a flat out insult to Lee. If they'd take $12M each, I'd still say Lee is the most productive of the 3. Lee>Amar'e. And David did what he did this year without anyone serving him his stats. People can say it's the system, but it's purely speculative. He improved when he had to and he's as durable as a Sherman tank.

Stoudemire is a lego man. Just waiting to be pulled apart. Johnson choked hard when it counted. Even worse than Charles Smith. And he took out his frustrations on his fans.

A fair point against Lee is that he's yet to be tested when it matters. But Stat and Johnson have showed what they DON'T have when winning big is on the line.

If you're advocating Amar'e, he has produced when it counts. But he's ****ing damaged. That's why you don't hear about any elaborate schemes or proposals from teams in the FA race, that include his name.

Not to insult Lee.... but biz is biz. David Lee is not a go-to option in the 4th quarter. Simple as that really. JJ and AS are. When do you see him ever take over in the 4th? Or when game is on the line the offense runs through him.

Offering Lee 9-10 mil is not insulting. You think anyone else is going to extend a max contract to Lee? Did they last year?

I like Lee. My favorite player on this team. But biz is biz.

Split the free agent pie in 1/3 between the trio. Fine. Whatever works.

LJ will leave 30 mil on the table to sign with CHI. Bosh will leave a few mil on the table as well if he signs with CHI. Why can't we expect Lee to do the same to remain in NY?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm sure he would.

But I'm also sure that aspiring teams like OKC and NJ would offer him more.

I'd really like to see him back here with Gallo man. I just have niggling issues with signing those 2. Obviously it's in the wake of better options and aspirations, but I'd much prefer to build upward than sign upward with Johnson and Stoudemire.

They're a quick fix that will end with playoff appearances and premature exits.

As far as biz being biz goes, playoffs are key. But winning is winning, and those 2 will only get that done in the short term on long, expensive deals.

Skepticism is a lot easier than optimism though I suppose.

Paul1355

All Star

Johnson
Chandler
Gallo
Lee
Amar'e

Joe Johnson, David Lee, and Amare would prob exceed the cap space we have...not possible.