Who are we going to surround the two fa beside the player we had on our roster?

miked1958

Rotation player
Who are we going to surround the two fa beside the player we had on our roster?

You know you are right. That loser roster that has not been above .500 for a season in I dont know how many years, is not going to LURE any top FAs to want to come here. I dont understand how DW let almost the whole draft night go by without making any moves to improve this roster prior to JULY1... I dont get it. I dont see why any top FA would want to come to this city.

miked1958

Rotation player
Also, are we supposed to think that the 2 draft picks we just got (excuse me but I already forgot who they were) are supposed to IMPRESS all the FAs that may or maynot decide to come here. Are they going to say "OH WOW, look who the knicks got for G and F at number 38 and 39 in the 2nd round" Lets all go play there!!!!

jpz17

Starter
Well who do we have on contract?
Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas, (Curry won't play), Walker probably, Rautins, and the SF we drafted

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Other than Wade who else can a FA look at Miami for: they are like 2 players under contract

The Bulls are the only other threat and even they drafted a NOBODY to keep the cap room

It's all about the cap baby.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Well who do we have on contract?
Chandler, Gallinari, Douglas, (Curry won't play), Walker probably, Rautins, and the SF we drafted

Still better than Miami. Wade and Beasley (who they are trying to get rid of)

Wade and Lebron by themselves will not guarantee victory.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
You know you are right. That loser roster that has not been above .500 for a season in I dont know how many years, is not going to LURE any top FAs to want to come here. I dont understand how DW let almost the whole draft night go by without making any moves to improve this roster prior to JULY1... I dont get it. I dont see why any top FA would want to come to this city.

Let me say this loud and clear:

We would have to go into the first round to get a significant player thus guaranteeing money against the cap. NO ONE wants to do that, hence why chicago drafted who they drafted and why miami may not sign who they drafted.

DW wants the room.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
No matter how much room we need, we don't have a God damn front court.

Not one officially signed PF or Center. And don't tell me Gallo's a PF.

miked1958

Rotation player

We would have to go into the first round to get a significant player thus guaranteeing money against the cap. NO ONE wants to do that, hence why chicago drafted who they drafted and why miami may not sign who they drafted.

DW wants the room.

Still, I think from what I have been reading it seems alot of the FAs were taking a wait and see attitude on what the Knicks did on draft night. I understand what you are saying that not many of the guys under contract right now are very appealing to other teams but maybe we could have packaged one of them with a few future draft picks. or maybe we just are going to wait because of how some of those trades we did in past (marbary) didnt work out and we lost high draft picks. example tonights number 9 pick.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer

DW wants the room.

Still, I think from what I have been reading it seems alot of the FAs were taking a wait and see attitude on what the Knicks did on draft night. I understand what you are saying that not many of the guys under contract right now are very appealing to other teams but maybe we could have packaged one of them with a few future draft picks. or maybe we just are going to wait because of how some of those trades we did in past (marbary) didnt work out and we lost high draft picks. example tonights number 9 pick.

These FA's are straight lying. They are partying or going to sleep, none of them are actually taking the draft seriously. They are taking a wait and see on each other.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This is how it works though. The more cap you have the better position you are. It is rare a team has pieces in place before they trade and sign top prospects

jpz17

Starter
Our 2010 team as of now

Toney Douglas
Danilo Gallinari
Andy Rautins
Wilson Chandler
Eddy Curry AHH
Landry Fields
Jerome Jordan

Lets compare it to:
Daniel Gibson