LeBron Still Likes NY? Isola Seems To Think So.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
More BS no doubt. Isola, being a New Yorker, has every reason to grab for attention with an article like this.

Several sources told Frank Isola of the New York Daily News that they believe LeBron James still prefers to sign in New York.

"Although the Bulls and Heat are clearing cap space, several people familiar with James' thinking believe that the Knicks are still his desired destination if he elects to leave Cleveland in his rearview mirror," wrote Isola.

"He told me after the Olympics he wanted to live in New York," one of the sources said. "And as far as I know nothing has changed."

When the Knicks meet with James, they will tell him: "Come here and there is no pressure to win a title the first year. We'll win 50 games, make the playoffs and you'll be the conquering hero. The next year we'll reload and we'll make a run at it."

Part of the Knicks' pitch will be that not only can James bring a second maximum-salary free agent with him to New York this summer, the team is also set up to have significant salary-cap room again next summer when Eddy Curry's contract comes off the books. Some have speculated that Curry's expiring contract could be traded this off-season to help strengthen New York's roster.

An executive whose team is in the hunt for James said the superstar free agent could take three weeks to make a decision. During that time, James might stop in New York and visit other teams in each of their respective cities.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._lebron_still_prefers_new_york/#ixzz0rxz5dCQ9

shaolin

Benchwarmer
This is all speculation. I am sure what is reported is part fact too, but there is still too much speculation. Way too many variables to account for to make a sensible prediction or, at the very least, a most probable scenario.

My speculation is that he is leaving Cleveland because the Cavs do not have many movable assets, no draft picks and Cleveland is not an attractive destination for some FAs. Additionally, I believe, if LBJ truly wanted to be a Cavalier, he would not go this far (in terms of testing the FA market and making plans on meeting 4 or 5 teams, if not more).

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i've stopped paying attention to these "sources" unless lebron says so himself or actually signs that contract; then everything else is BS

Paul1355

All Star
There are more "sources" saying he prefers the Bulls and remember that if isola went against the opinion of Lebron coming here, then less people in NY would read his articles.

Many knick fans are biased that LBJ will be here and dont want another ny reporter saying he is not coming here.

Isola is just trying to make knick fans excited.