Joe Johnson is the key to getting LeBron

If Chris Bosh goes to Miami, and that's a big if. Who are the Bulls going to pair LeBron James with? Joe Johnson is the other rumoured FA to join the Bulls with LeBron!

IMHO this is a brilliant move by the Knicks. We can pay Joe Johnson more money than the Bulls. Advantage Knicks! I think it's worth overpaying Joe Johnson in order to secure the services of LeBron! We could meet LeBron with Joe Johnson already in the bag. The Bulls wouldn't look as attractive with Bosh in Miami and Johnson in New York!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
NOTHING IS GUARANTEED!! why ask that question OR even make this thread?

Just cause that article about the Bulls every1 is going into panic mode...

4 more days guys.

NOTHING IS GUARANTEED!! why ask that question OR even make this thread?

Just cause that article about the Bulls every1 is going into panic mode...

4 more days guys.

MSGhobo247, I made this thread because I think it's could be pretty significant. The Bulls might not have a dance partner for LeBron IF Bosh goes to Miami and Johnson goes to the Knicks, therefore making the Bulls a less attractive option. These are the two players linked with joining LeBron in Chicago!!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
MSGhobo247, I made this thread because I think it's could be pretty significant. The Bulls might not have a dance partner for LeBron IF Bosh goes to Miami and Johnson goes to the Knicks, therefore making the Bulls a less attractive option. These are the two players linked with joining LeBron in Chicago!!

But Lebron isn't on Chicago... If it was such a sure thing that Lebron was going to Chicago then some1 f*cked up and broke the most crucial rule of free agency.

No talking before July 1st.

The article also stated that this was an opinion from "an executive" in the NBA. That could be from some rando in the Golden State front office... WTF does he know?

All i'm saying is you're getting too wrapped up in another bogus rumor.

And the fact that you want to overpay for some1 just to get another person makes us as Knick fans look overly desperate... that kind of thinking kinda got us into this mess in the first place.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Jesus. Why would --overpaying-- for JJ change thing. We're offering Lebron the same "one more FA" like always, except our competitors upped their pimp game and look like the real players now.

I did read that JJ is willing to take --less-- $ to come to NYC anyways.

Its just not a real difference maker, man. Let's say we do guarantee JJ coming here, and let's say Bosh goes to MIA.

Amare, Gay, etc are still in the wings to go with Bron to CHI. O, and David Lee!

mafra

Legend
Jesus. Why would --overpaying-- for JJ change thing. We're offering Lebron the same "one more FA" like always, except our competitors upped their pimp game and look like the real players now.

I did read that JJ is willing to take --less-- $ to come to NYC anyways.

Its just not a real difference maker, man. Let's say we do guarantee JJ coming here, and let's say Bosh goes to MIA.

Amare, Gay, etc are still in the wings to go with Bron to CHI. O, and David Lee!

I hope plan-B is to convince JJ to agree to a sign and trade, or to take less money. Getting Johnson only works if we get Lebron, or if we add Johnson with Amar'e AND David Lee.

If plan-B is to hand max contracts to JJ and AS, then we are doomed. Without a third player (Boozer, Lee, Jefferson, Gay) then it's a complete waste.

Paul1355

All Star
If Chris Bosh goes to Miami, and that's a big if. Who are the Bulls going to pair LeBron James with? Joe Johnson is the other rumoured FA to join the Bulls with LeBron!

IMHO this is a brilliant move by the Knicks. We can pay Joe Johnson more money than the Bulls. Advantage Knicks! I think it's worth overpaying Joe Johnson in order to secure the services of LeBron! We could meet LeBron with Joe Johnson already in the bag. The Bulls wouldn't look as attractive with Bosh in Miami and Johnson in New York!
Johnson is a solid #2...only if we had a big man.

Only a Johnson-Lee or Johnson-Amare combo would be something that can satisfy Knicks fans.

Johson and LBJ is like Mayo and Gay...looks good on paper but won't do anything against big men.

How can you draw open shooters with no force in the paint? You can't

If Johnson comes then we are targeting a PG or big man not two guards.