Why the Media is a joke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I usually do not post on this site but feel the need to share this with fellow Knick/Basketball fans.

I do not understand why every talking head on ESPN and every column writer is completely writing off the Knicks like we have absolutely no chance at landing LeBron or in fact any free agent whatsoever. I watched an ESPN show and it has us giving Carlos Boozer a max deal and thats it. Then they go on to bash NY bash the team bash the management to the point of nauseau. Its like yea we all know the Knicks have sucked for the past 10 years we watch all the games.

The biggest point these experts make that i just do not understand is they criticize the Knicks roster and say LeBron will not come here to play with those guys. In reality roster is a problem for Cleveland not us. WE HAVE NO ROSTER! we have 4 guys under contract next year which was the exact reason we shed all those contracts...to obtain maximium flexibility to build a championship team. Mike D and Donnie are not going to walk into LeBron's meeting and be like "hey come to NY and play with Gallo and 12 guys off the street", there is a list of 50 free agents this year and its one of the deepest ever. He can pick any one of those guys for the most part and we can get them to come here.

People forget we have the 34mm in cap room plus the MLE plus next year we have another 12mm to spend when curry rolls off. WE have the most flexiblity of any team in the league by far and a proven GM who knows how to build a team. Our roster can include any combination of role players and stars LeBron wants.

Now i know the media wants nothing more than to watch the Knicks suck for another 10 years b/c they hate NY, but we are LeBron's best choice. Location, management, and flexibility are all heavily skewed in our favor.

There are so many things wrong with Chicago but people do not care b/c they want them to get him so the midwest triumphs over NY. In Chicago he will be forced to play with Noah and Rose, what happens if that doesnt work. Noah and Rose also will demand big contracts soon enough. I get that if it doesnt work right away they will trade one or both but then Chicago is trying to trade guys for cents on the dollar. Noah is good but he isnt winning you any titles and Rose is a player that is tremendous but cannot shoot and his offensive game is similar to LeBron's.

Maybe it's just me but everyone wants to sell the Knicks out and I feel our pitch is just as good or better as everyone elses even on just a basketball level.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I was saying the same exact thing on another message board and was damn near was internet raped for it.

It's like people take their hate for NY and try to disguise it as intelligent analysis of what's actually going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.