PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson/Amare combos

New New York
Jun 29, 2010, 18:10
If this is going to be the core of our summer acqusitions then lets look at how we can utilize it!

If the cap comes in at 56, that would give us 37 million to spend!

I would do a sign and trade for Joe Johnson using Wilson, With Johnson's salary starting at 14 million which dips into our cap by 12

I would then give Amare 15.6

and sign Lee for the change

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Lee
Amare

or for a more complete frontcourt replace Lee with Tyson Chandler

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Ty.Chandler

either way our weakness remains the PG spot, but both lineups look like a top 5 team in the East.

Tyrus Thomas is a cheaper option than both Lee and Ty Chandler

Anyways what do you think

Knicksfansince92
Jun 29, 2010, 18:22
David lee at 10 mil means no need for Amare. I don't believe they can coexist together on the same court because they don't complement each others game, so if we have to choose between the two i choose David to pair with Joe Johnson and then pick up an interior force ie: Samuel Dalembert, Brandon Haywood

Then pick up a cheap point guard for 3yr 4mil each yr

Crazy⑧s
Jun 29, 2010, 21:00
David lee at 10 mil means no need for Amare. I don't believe they can coexist together on the same court because they don't complement each others game, so if we have to choose between the two i choose David to pair with Joe Johnson and then pick up an interior force ie: Samuel Dalembert, Brandon Haywood

Then pick up a cheap point guard for 3yr 4mil each yr

David Lee completes Amare's game because he rebounds and passes.

Paul1355
Jun 29, 2010, 22:14
If this is going to be the core of our summer acqusitions then lets look at how we can utilize it!

I would do a sign and trade for Joe Johnson using Wilson, With Johnson's salary starting at 14 million which dips into our cap by 12

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Lee
Amare

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Ty.Chandler

either way our weakness remains the PG spot, but both lineups look like a top 5 team in the East.

your scenerio is only remotely possible if we got rid of Eddy Curry...and even if we did that...JJ and Amare would demand atleast 15 mil each, only leaving 4 mil left for roster spots which means Tyson Chandler will not be on this team.

Tyson turned down over 6 million dollars in a player option...he wants atleast that much probably more

I do like your lineup though...only sign and trades could make your lineup become a reality.

keyser soze
Jun 30, 2010, 08:44

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Lee
Amare

Douglas
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Ty.Chandler

The first lineup fails the Center Test. . . We get killed on the boards by any big frontcourt . . . etc etc. The second lineup is very solid (I totally agree on Ty Chandler). Man, if there was a way to pull off a trade for Tony Parker and still keep that second lineup in tact (I realize there really isn't . . .), we would be set. Imagine:

Tony Parker
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Ty Chandler

NICE.

But, something that COULD be pulled off is:

Ridnour
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Ty Chander

keyser soze
Jun 30, 2010, 08:46
your scenerio is only remotely possible if we got rid of Eddy Curry...and even if we did that...JJ and Amare would demand atleast 15 mil each, only leaving 4 mil left for roster spots which means Tyson Chandler will not be on this team.

Tyson turned down over 6 million dollars in a player option...he wants atleast that much probably more

I do like your lineup though...only sign and trades could make your lineup become a reality.

I disagree with the premise that JJ is guaranteed to demand 15 mil. I could easily see him taking several million less to play here. And if he does, both of those lineups are entirely plausible (Although, I would not be a fan of the first one, as I stated in my post)