did anybody listen to mike n mike this morin?

They were basically talking about the knicks plan b johnson and stoudemire, both guys to me are not max money type of players. So what should we do? wait till next year? Should we sign both guys and hope we dont repeat the bad luck the knicks seem to have when it come paying players? I know for a fact if we sign johnson to a max its gonna get ugly in about 2 years when his age catchs up with him. So what do yu guys think your plan b should be. Should we keep waitin for a star from another team to become a fa and hope he comes here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we're going to part ways with Lee, make it for Parker of SA. Johnson is a turd. After the playoffs, $10M PA almost seems too much.

I dont get it, after the playoffs what ?

Johnson had one really bad important game

Lebron Got slammed against the celtics that whole series

if johnson is worth 10 mil for a bad playoff performance

then lebron is only worth 13 mil instead of a max.

Dirk should be getting 20 mil a year for playing amazing in the playoffs

and rondo should ask for a 60 million over 4 year extension for keeping those old guys afloat

personally

a

ridinour
johnson
chandler
gallo
Stat

will cap flexibility going into 2011 is ok with me.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya. I actually like JJ. Don't get why he is verbally raped so damn often here. If same standards apply all those examples mentioned above and countless more come into play.

He just turned 29.

Is a 20+-5-5 with range and plays the 2 with some 1 skills.

He should be able to maintain those numbers and his game for a good 3yrs; even has he declines, his game doesn't translate into worthlessness either.

Big drawback I can think of is someone saying he takes (needs?) 30s to create his shot. Not sure how accurate that is tho...

Lee and JJ at the price is right could swing us Tyrus-Ridnour on top.

Ridnour-Douglas
JJ-Walker
Gallo-Chandler
Tyrus-Barron
Lee-Jordan

Parlay Curry sometime nxt season for a premium 1 or 5 and some more players and we could really be talking.

mafra

Legend
I totally concur.

Ridnour and Johnson is a fine back court if you ask me! I dig it. Perfect fits for this system.

Toss in David Lee and a Ryan Gomes (or somebody to bang).... DEN said it would trade Carmelo instead of losing him to free agency; and there's always Al Jefferson.

We could stay with Curry and wait until next free agency, or we could deal him for a Okefor-Chandler or something.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I dont get it, after the playoffs what ?

Johnson had one really bad important game

Lebron Got slammed against the celtics that whole series

if johnson is worth 10 mil for a bad playoff performance

then lebron is only worth 13 mil instead of a max.

Dirk should be getting 20 mil a year for playing amazing in the playoffs

and rondo should ask for a 60 million over 4 year extension for keeping those old guys afloat

personally

a

ridinour
johnson
chandler
gallo
Stat

will cap flexibility going into 2011 is ok with me.

One bad game? 4 horrific games in a series sweep. 12.8 ppg, .298 fg%, .176 3pt fg%. All while being guarded by Vince Carter, as the focal offensive player AND leader of a stacked team. LeBron's sidekicks were/are all bench players and all of them played with a desire that matched Johnson's against a team that eventually lost to Boston as well.

Forgive my insolence, but I struggle with signing on a 29 year old as a leader for our team with that on his resume. Must be a conflict of standards between you and I.

Either that or you're easing in to acception. I won't accept Johnson unless his best years are ahead of him. Do you think they are?

Call me a cynic, but his best days are over and his next contract will last 5 years.