baker0220.jpg
jeromejames.jpg

jamal_crawford.jpg

Several Bums later.... ISIAH FIRED

Donnie Walsh comes to town...

donnie.jpg

Mike+D_Antoni.jpg

Mike D'Antoni signing

2 struggling seasons... and now we are 1 day away from the turn of the Knicks. Is anyone else pumped up/overwhelmed? We have been waiting for a good team for so long, and we are so close to knowing WHAT good team that will be. Yes, WHAT good team. I'm calling it a guarantee we have a good team after this.

All those terrible seasons of Knicks basketball. All those depressing games.. All those wasteful afternoons watching MSG... Now.. We are here, the moment every Knicks fan has been dreaming of for about a year now.

Are we ready for NBA Free Agency????

Now, I'm not saying everything will happen tomorrow. In fact, it won't. But it is basically here folks....
:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I am super pumped but fear we still won't know anything for days. I hope to wake up tomorrow to hear about verbal agreements from some top FA's but that prob won't happen. It's like having to take a shit and the closer you get to the bathroom the harder it is to hold...:cool:

mafra

Legend
Good stuff. I've been ready since the days of Rory Sparrow and the horrific Ewing trade to SEA. I've sat patiently since Walsh told us to wait 2 years.... Now I expect results! Let's roll....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I am super pumped but fear we still won't know anything for days. I hope to wake up tomorrow to hear about verbal agreements from some top FA's but that prob won't happen. It's like having to take a shit and the closer you get to the bathroom the harder it is to hold...:cool:

HAHAHAAAAA..... Wonderful simile

I'm so amped BTW.... I'm not even close to expecting the best, and there's so much I hope doesn't happen, but the dawning of a new era is here.

Just pushing in to that top 8 (pref 5) and staying there will be a revelation for me as a fan.
:gony::gony::gony::gony:

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
All I know is things are FINALLY going to get BETTER instead of worse.

Frugal management has slashed our salary costs and put us into prime position to lure FA's to town. Even if Lebron and Bosh DON'T come to NY I know we will land us some top tier FA's. If we focus on team chemistry and getting the right players at the right positions I see no reason we can't be a championship contender.

One way or another we are getting some great and PROVEN talent on our team.. Look at the FA's! This is how I rank 'em:
  1. 1.LeBron James
  2. 2.Dwyane Wade
  3. 3.Chris Bosh
  4. 4.Dirk Nowitzki
  5. 5.Joe Johnson
  6. 6.Amare Stoudemire
  7. 7.Rudy Gay
  8. 8.Ray Allen
  9. 9.Carlos Boozer
  10. 10.David Lee
  11. 11.Raymond Felton
  12. 12.Channing Frye
  13. 13.John Salmons
  14. 14.Paul Pierce
  15. 15.J.J. Redick
Even if we strike out on the top 4 (LBJ, Bosh, Wade, Dirk) we could end up with Amare, Joe Johnson and David Lee.

Or we could have Rudy Gay, Amare and Felton

Or any combo of players up there in that list of 15 top level FA's is going to make the Knicks a MUCH better team. I'm also excited about the development of our young talent.

Gallo has shown he can hit the three in clutch moments and has shown flashes of intensity. I feel like he's been caged up the last 2 years and we are getting set up to see a break out season from him once we get more talent on the team.

Other young players like Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker are developing into great complementary players with skill sets that will bring massive production from our bench.

I like D'antoni as a coach of All-star players. Just seeing the type of teams he ran in Phoenix I have a lot of hope for the show they are going to put on at MSG.

And I have to give it up to Donnie. I was impressed when Dolan brought him in as I knew he was considered a great front office manager with a proven record, something we haven't seen in Knicks history for some time... possible ever. But the man took a team hemorrhaging money and talent and fans and he turned us into believers. I can tell we believe by the increase in the amount of people that came to the boards following our Tmac/JJ trade that opened up the second max FA slot.

Our fan's know that the tide is about to turn and we will be given a reason to cheer OUR team once again. No more chanting for a superstar on our west coast rival team the Lakers. We will have our very own stars to cheer on. No more will the draw to MSG be us, the fans and the history of the building. No, the new draw to MSG will be our NEW, NEW YORK KNICKS. They are gonna kick ass up and down the court and I'm so friggin' pumped for the next couple of days to happen that i could literally sh*t my pants with excitement.

I'm really hoping that LeBron does join the knicks so i can shove it in all the knicks-haters faces, all the people that said he'd end up in miami or chicago, all the "experts" with their blogs and their Brooklyn Nyets Jay-Z bullshit. But if he doesn't, I'll have a LOT more fun shoving it in their faces when the KNICKS are champs!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The last good Knicks team.. 1999-2000.
johnson_289x171.jpg

amd_allan_houston.jpg

vangundy.jpg

THE NEXT KNICKS ERA:

alg_don_nelson.jpg

Failed seasons... Then Isiah Thomas ERA

050309_thomas_knicks_hmed.hmedium.jpg

alg_marbury.jpg

Starbury, 1 Playoff 1st round sweep

eddie-curry-keivon-news.jpg

Eddy Curry

baker0220.jpg
jeromejames.jpg

jamal_crawford.jpg

Several Bums later.... ISIAH FIRED

Donnie Walsh comes to town...

donnie.jpg

Mike+D_Antoni.jpg

Mike D'Antoni signing

2 struggling seasons... and now we are 1 day away from the turn of the Knicks. Is anyone else pumped up/overwhelmed? We have been waiting for a good team for so long, and we are so close to knowing WHAT good team that will be. Yes, WHAT good team. I'm calling it a guarantee we have a good team after this.

All those terrible seasons of Knicks basketball. All those depressing games.. All those wasteful afternoons watching MSG... Now.. We are here, the moment every Knicks fan has been dreaming of for about a year now.

Are we ready for NBA Free Agency????

Now, I'm not saying everything will happen tomorrow. In fact, it won't. But it is basically here folks....
:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

I took the liberty of adjusting that for you.

LeFlume

All Star
Look at the FA's! This is how I rank 'em:
  1. 1.LeBron James
  2. 2.Dwyane Wade
  3. 3.Chris Bosh
  4. 4.Dirk Nowitzki
  5. 5.Joe Johnson
  6. 6.Amare Stoudemire
  7. 7.Rudy Gay
  8. 8.Ray Allen
  9. 9.Carlos Boozer
  10. 10.David Lee
  11. 11.Raymond Felton
  12. 12.Channing Frye
  13. 13.John Salmons
  14. 14.Paul Pierce
  15. 15.J.J. Redick
Even if we strike out on the top 4 (LBJ, Bosh, Wade, Dirk) we could end up with Amare, Joe Johnson and David Lee.

Are you serious? Do you really see Raymond Felton, Channing Frye as better FA than Paul Pierce? Pls tell me that is a joke,

Hey all, first post and Im about as pumped as the front tire of a fat chicks bicycle! Do I believe we will get any of the top 5? probably not. Do I believe we will be far better then last year? at least on paper.. Yes. Although i despise the fact that the NBA is basicaly openly admitting the players have taken control of the league and the next few months will shape the league for the next decade. I cant be too upset if it makes my team at least watchable in the process. Id even be happy with one player and some role players while saving a spot for Paul or Melo.. rather then reach and overpay for a mid range guy. I just want to know they are trying to make the right deals for the team to win.. not sell out MSG and hock jerseys

p0nder

Starter
LeFlume: I would rather have them then Paul Peirce. He's old and is a life long celtic. I hate him and it's a personal bias. I would of placed him last on the list, but there is no way reddick can go higher then him. And i would of taken him off the list entirely cause i don't think he'll be leaving boston at all.

Also david lee is probably more like #13 on the list for fans of other teams, but being a knicks and a gators fan I place him higher.

LeFlume

All Star
I feel you Pounder. I hate him as well but he's a damn good player when he is ON. He can do it all, and be great at it. Channing Frye, I don't wanna see him in a Knick uniform again. :beer:

LeFlume

All Star
For years Pierce diden't even wanna be there in Boston. He gave up on several occasions. When Ray and KG joined, his mindset change. His skill was always there. He just diden't care before. He have been Celtics best player ever since. (except a few months when they had a PG from NYC named Stefan, Steven or something like that) :afro:

LeFlume

All Star
This is how my rank turned out. Stoudemire had potential to be a nr 2-3 but his injuries and his head makes him a gamble. He is not worth a top five spot

1.LeBron James
2.Dwyane Wade
3.Chris Bosh
4.Dirk Nowitzki
5.Carlos Boozer
6.Amare Stoudemire
7.Joe Johnson
8.Paul Pierce
9.Ray Allen
10.Rudy Gay
11.David Lee
12.John Salmons
13.Raymond Felton
14.Channing Frye
15.J.J. Redick

iSaYughh

Starter
Very excited. Bit scared, but t's tough to be too scared when we've endured such mind boggling indignities, rapes, and losing for so, so long.

With the amount of possibilities, and not just theoretical ones, but tangible, able to be seized ones, I will say this:

I'm not sure there has ever been a bigger, more true, or more justified referendum on the skill, competence, and legacy of an executive team than that which Walsh is now the face of.