Man we are not going to get anyone....

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
The handwriting is on the wall:

We are going to get NO ONE. We will be the laughing stock in the league for years. Can you imagine if we are left with 30+ mil of free cap space and all the big ones go somewhere else?

Most of the reason why is because people think our organization flat out sucks.

It will be brutal for us fans.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
We can make upgrades did you forget that if we get a great point guard which ridnour or farmar or lowry would excell in fast paced ball I would pick farmar because he has playoff expierence center position is crucial this summer we could trade for biedrens or go for mahini has loads of potential and has defense which he lack then sign barron for a backup u can still make bench upgrades as well David lee will be the center of our offense but well worth the risk

CoolClyde

negativity gets you nowhere fast

We are going to get NO ONE. We will be the laughing stock in the league for years. Can you imagine if we are left with 30+ mil of free cap space and all the big ones go somewhere else?
That's the spirit! time for a positivity meeting for YOU, flaming knick fan!
this is the first year in ages we have the opportunity to build a team, not just from the maxi-pad freedom agents, but good basketball players at the needed positions, PG and C. at the very worst, I'm looking forward to us resigning DLEE to a long-term contract, and signing some good bballers to complement his game, along with Gallo, TD and Chandler. who knows, maybe a healthy T-Mac? this is a week to look forward to and see how the face of the Knicks changes for the better. Take another hit, and think good thoughts, mon!
:peace::gony:

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
We can make upgrades did you forget that if we get a great point guard which ridnour or farmar or lowry would excell in fast paced ball I would pick farmar because he has playoff expierence center position is crucial this summer we could trade for biedrens or go for mahini has loads of potential and has defense which he lack then sign barron for a backup u can still make bench upgrades as well David lee will be the center of our offense but well worth the risk

And so we have a bunch of midline players with no leader. Where have I heard that before? We make the 7th/8th seed, NEVER get a high draft pick and pretty much watch every historical rival Heat, NJ, Chicago fly right on by because we can't seal the deal.

Where can I sign for that. :boohoo:

rw005

Benchwarmer
I rather have David Lee, his work ethic and attitude of being a Knick is one that is unmatched, and havent seen a player more dedicated since Ewing.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
this is the first year in ages we have the opportunity to build a team, not just from the maxi-pad freedom agents, but good basketball players at the needed positions, PG and C. at the very worst, I'm looking forward to us resigning DLEE to a long-term contract, and signing some good bballers to complement his game, along with Gallo, TD and Chandler. who knows, maybe a healthy T-Mac? this is a week to look forward to and see how the face of the Knicks changes for the better. Take another hit, and think good thoughts, mon!

"flaming knick fan"

Whatever. Before I moved to Florida I NEVER MISSED A KNICK GAME. I set my job schedule around Knick games if there was conflict back in the day.

I still bleed Blue and orange and am really frustrated with their state. Maybe I cannot see them every day but if they did get a big time player I would find a way to purchase a basketball package just because.

Trust me I want them to get the big-time player but I also and frustrated with how things are looking.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
https://twitter.com/alanhahn

per alan hahn's twitter:

Newsday confirms Mike Miller as first player Knicks will meet with tonight at 9:01 PT in L.A. Joe Johnson after. Both Arn Tellem clients.

Miller made $9.7M last season. Clearly would have to consider paycut to join Knicks and still allow 2 max situation.

Haven't seen Miller talked about much on here but I personally won't mind him but all of a sudden the first visit. MM is a former Rookie of the Year, shoots the 3 with the best of them at .480 on the season along with approx 4 assists per game.

If we get LeBron, he'd have Gallo and Miller (maybe Rautins) behind the arc to dish to, thats pretty lethal. I like, at the very least, that they're investigating the option.

https://twitter.com/alanhahn

per alan hahn's twitter:

Haven't seen Miller talked about much on here but I personally won't mind him but all of a sudden the first visit. MM is a former Rookie of the Year, shoots the 3 with the best of them at .480 on the season along with approx 4 assists per game.

If we get LeBron, he'd have Gallo and Miller (maybe Rautins) behind the arc to dish to, thats pretty lethal. I like, at the very least, that they're investigating the option.

Can we please get some SG's that can play a little D! All I keep hearing are names like Mike Miller, Kyle Korver , Luke Ridinour WTF?

Starks

Starter
July 1 could very well be what goes down in history as the summer that killed the Knicks forever.

If we blow it, the next time the Knicks will be in this good a position with a free agent class like this could be about 15 years. Most of us will have kids and our own families by then and the Nets will take over as New York's go to basketball team.

Yea, that's the Doomsday scenario

Paul1355

All Star
The handwriting is on the wall:

Most of the reason why is because people think our organization flat out sucks.

It will be brutal for us fans.
We have so much money that we can give teams money in trades.

Example

Curry and 5 million for a player....Chandler and 6 million for a player...a team would take that.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
July 1 could very well be what goes down in history as the summer that killed the Knicks forever.

If we blow it, the next time the Knicks will be in this good a position with a free agent class like this could be about 15 years. Most of us will have kids and our own families by then and the Nets will take over as New York's go to basketball team.

Yea, that's the Doomsday scenario

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tiger0330

Legend
Can we please get some SG's that can play a little D! All I keep hearing are names like Mike Miller, Kyle Korver , Luke Ridinour WTF?

Miller wouldn't be a bad pickup, that would be like plan D but maybe we'll be forced to build the team that way. Pick up good complementary players like these guys and a vet at a positional need like center, establish a winning record and make the playoffs to gain some credibility around the league and then make a splash in FA next year when Curry comes off the books. Miller and Korver would fit D'Antoni's system great.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
D'Antoni's system if we get LeBron is LeBron + a bunch of 3 point shooters

I think that's why Walsh drafted Rautins, why Walsh is looking at Luke Ridnour, and why Mike Miller is an interesting option. Right now we have Gallo, and if we can get another solid outside shooting threat we'll be a lethal team.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Day have arrived

Dont read if u are an optimistic Walsh & Damntoni Fan.

The two years of "I told u so" has finally arrived.
Donnie Walsh has been our nemisis for decades
Celebrity coach Damntoni is riding on Steve Nash system

Having $32M+ in cap space and not able to get one of the
Top-10 free agents will put clarity on my bashing the duo of
Donnie Walsh & NodefenseDamntoni for the previous 2 years.

I thought we could not do any worst than what "Laydum and Clueless Isiah"
put our franchise through, but Donnie Walsh has put the "icing on the
cake" within two years of making the Knicks Franchise a "CANCER-VIRUS"
to all NBA Star Players.

Any decent winning sports team has been built from Leadership.
Leadership starts at the "TOP" owner, president, or coach.
Within the last decade we had neither from the three...

the JailBlazers, the Hubie Brown Grizzlies, and coach JVG,
proooved this to every Knick-Fan.
:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
The writing was on the wall

CoolClyde....we may have our differences, but u prove on many occasion to be a knowledgeable bball fan.
However, the writing was on the wall on this one from day one.
Being the only NBA team to announce a 2010 Plan has to be one of the foolish things anyone could do. Especially 2 years in advance.....

Look at who took our players that were under contract for the 2010-11 season. Mullin & Dunleavy, we had to make a 3 team trade plus give up 3 first round draft picks on one deal.
Did Walsh make it easy for Lebron James?
when in May 2008. media crowded around Lebron questioning him on leaving for the New York Knicks when he became a FA. Every city Lebron went to that same question was put before him in 2008.
When do u think Lebron got tired of that question?
Who is Eddy Curry agent?
did Curry make it hard for the Knicks to lose cap space from his contract?

The writing was on the wall.....
:gony:

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
The Knicks need to be careful this offseason. We have waited to long to gain felxibility the last thing we want to do is blow it on guys that are not worth max dollars. Joe Johnson is not that guy and neither is Chris Bosh in my opinion. LeBron James and Wade 100% deserve that money. Amare maybe. If this whole thing doesn't work out I would rather build a team the right way by either trying to trade and acquire draft picks or sign bargain guys than over pay for JJ and Bosh and be a 6th seed playoff team who will be a 1st round exit every year. We will be in a position of power as long as we don't blow it overpaying guys again.

The only way you max Bosh or JJ is if LeBron comes b/c then they become that much more valuable.