The ever shifting goal post

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
It is becoming clear that Miami cannot get all three. It looks like Bosh wants his true max and do a sign&trade. If Miami does that then either Wade or Lebron or BOTH will have to take a pay-cut to allow Riley to fill out the roster; neither is doing that I think.

Chicago is still a major threat along with the Nets for LeBron so I have given up on him coming here UNLESS

We are able to get Amare. It looks like Phoenix will not go five years which we can do. If we get Amare straight up we could do a sign and trade with Lee for more talent, sign Miller (LeBrons friend) thus making us more enticing to LeBron.

I don't think LeBron will go south but we HAVE to get a major star in order to lure him here.

knicksin60

Starter
Man, I don't think we are going to get anyone since the handwriting is already on the wall.Why can't the Knicks be like the Chicago Bulls and wait 12 years to have two superstar players like Noah and Rose on their roster? Or be like the Miami Heat who were a playoff team in the late 90's, had losing seasons in the early 00's but somehow were able to draft Dwayne Wade in '03? Or why can't the Knicks be like the NJ Nets who have an elite pg and c on their team?

Without mentioning Isiah Thomas could anyone explain to me why the Knicks have a roster of only Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas and Curry? Is this suppose to be what the Knicks are selling to the best free agents in the NBA? If the Knicks are such a storied franchise why do people prefer to talk about the second rate Nets and Clippers when it comes to free agency? You would think that the Knicks would be a power house right now if you just finished waking up from a 10 year coma.But the sad truth is that they get less respect than the Detroit Lions.

Last edited:

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Man, I don't think we are going to get anyone since the handwriting is already on the wall.Why can't the Knicks be like the Chicago Bulls and wait 12 years to have two superstar players like Noah and Rose on their roster? Or be like the Miami Heat who were a playoff team in the 90's, had losing seasons but somehow were able to draft Dwayne Wade? Or why can't the Knicks be like the NJ Nets who have an elite pg and c on their team?

Without mentioning Isiah Thomas could anyone explain to me why the Knicks have a roster of only Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas and Curry? Is this suppose to be what the Knicks are selling to the best free agents in the NBA? If the Knicks are such a storied franchise why do people prefer to talk about the second rate Nets and Clippers when it comes to free agency?

You have no choice; it starts and ends with Thomas.

The main problem is that Isiah screwed up so royally that we were left without high picks to get good young players. If we had, we may have gotten a Noah or a Lopez.

I would not call Devin Harris an elite pg because they are a lot of grumblings from his teammates about him and Jersey was exploring trading him a couple of weeks ago.

knicksin60

Starter

The main problem is that Isiah screwed up so royally that we were left without high picks to get good young players. If we had, we may have gotten a Noah or a Lopez.

I would not call Devin Harris an elite pg because they are a lot of grumblings from his teammates about him and Jersey was exploring trading him a couple of weeks ago.

I was no fan of Isiah Thomas and could never defend him but he was just trying to clean up a colossal mess left by his predecessor who had completely wrecked the future of the organization.I'm sure any GM who was looking at making temporary repair jobs would have done similar.I think Walsh is a better GM than Isiah by a long shot but if the Knicks don't dramatically improve their roster this summer Walsh will get the same failing grade that Isiah got as Knick GM.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
I was no fan of Isiah Thomas and could never defend him but he was just trying to clean up a colossal mess left by his predecessor who had completely wrecked the future of the organization.I'm sure any GM who was looking at making temporary repair jobs would have done similar.I think Walsh is a better GM than Isiah by a long shot but if the Knicks don't dramatically improve their roster this summer Walsh will get the same failing grade that Isiah got as Knick GM.

But Isiah made it worse. He did what EVERY knick GM has done; try to patchwork a playoff team. It saddled us with loads of crap that had to moved. I remember at one point that people were speculating that we would not be cap free until 2013!

Ya maybe DW has made some questionable moves, but they pale in comparison what was done prior.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
But Isiah made it worse. He did what EVERY knick GM has done; try to patchwork a playoff team. It saddled us with loads of crap that had to moved. I remember at one point that people were speculating that we would not be cap free until 2013!

Ya maybe DW has made some questionable moves, but they pale in comparison what was done prior.

Right what every knick gm has done, and if Walsh doesn't get the big 3, and then decides to over pay for lesser talent and continue with a crap product and crap coach guess what walsh, in my opinion, will also be in the category of Al Bianchi, Scott Layden, and Isiah Thomas.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer

Interestingly, if I remember correctly, Noah was taken by Chicago with one of the draft picks we sent to them for E. Curry. No one was worse than Isiah.

Better things are coming. We just have to be patient and not jump at average players just to improve. We want a championship calaber team. I still think a LeBron-Bosh option can happen. Hopefully Donnie can pull it off.

LeFlume

All Star
Just heard on sportcenter that both Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are at a hotel in Chicago and texts are going back and forth between Chris Bosh and.......THE NEW YOR KNICKS. Apparently Knicks are showing Chris Bosh some love...

LeFlume

All Star
LeBron just arrived for his meeting with The Nets in downtown Cleveland. Hopefully it will be a very short meeting that ends badly. :gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
leflume if that is true i wouldnt be disappointed im down for us getting Bosh he's a top player in the league and NY would no doubt propel him to the superstardom that he vies for. he knows that and which is why he'll seriously consider us.

Paul1355

All Star
It is becoming clear that Miami cannot get all three. It looks like Bosh wants his true max and do a sign&trade. If Miami does that then either Wade or Lebron or BOTH will have to take a pay-cut to allow Riley to fill out the roster; neither is doing that I think.

Chicago is still a major threat along with the Nets for LeBron so I have given up on him coming here UNLESS

We are able to get Amare. It looks like Phoenix will not go five years which we can do. If we get Amare straight up we could do a sign and trade with Lee for more talent, sign Miller (LeBrons friend) thus making us more enticing to LeBron.

I don't think LeBron will go south but we HAVE to get a major star in order to lure him here.
The best sign and trade options for Bosh are the Knicks, Mavericks and Bulls