Joe Johnson........................................

Suss

Rookie
For the Hawks it makes sense. They have been a team on the rise for the last few years. If they let Johnson walk it would be a major step backwards. Its not like they are a player in the free agent market for anyone else.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
They're not in the market for anyone else.

But Al Horford and Josh Smith and Jamal Crawford become free agents soon.

If they lock up their money in Joe Johnson...

JayJ44

Starter
Isn't he like 35? Seems kinda silly to lock up so much money in a 35 year old SG, especially when your team isn't even close to a championship contender. This signing makes it really difficult for them to improve.

I'm not a big fan of the way he plays either. Dribbles around for awhile, then jacks up a shot. Glad he's not coming to the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Hawks are retards J.J at 29 shouldnt be making 20 mil so J.J at 36 DEFINITELY shouldnt be making 20 mil

petescud

Starter
Hope he sign with the HAWKS....Less for us to have to worry about. The guys worth 12 mil a year the most IMO

He is leaning towards Atlanta's max contract, they can keep him...i'd rather not have him then sign for max money and be locked up for 6 years crying over hw we wasted our money...Again!

Damn straight. I think Atlanta may have saved us from ourselves!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I don't know what ATL is thinking. This is crazy but like others said, I agree. This saves us from signing him to a deal like that. Which I know we wouldn't have come close to 119-120 Million dollar contract. He's going to be around 36 or 37 making over 24 Million. That's absurd.

iSaYughh

Starter
Collison-Douglas
JJ-Morrow
Gallo-Walker
Amare-Barron
Okefor-Jordan
6th Walker

I mean, I'm not too keen on Amare or JJ, either, but if we could swing this team, or one like it, I'd be pretty damn excited.

Very complete team. Sick bench. Tons of size. Guys who can play inside and out. 2 proven allstars. 2 who could breakout as all-stars.

Not a for sure juggernaut. But we'd have a good 3yr window where depending on how Gallo/Collison progress, we could be a real contender.

Basically, Walsh needs to accomplish one, 3pronged task:

Sign 2 big FAs, 1 value buy FA (Morrow, eg), and make a trade (Parker, collison, etc).

We could whiff on the titans of Wade and lebron, but if Walsh gets this done we could very well be the (truly complete) team toppling the AllStar orgy of a Rose-Bron etc marriage.