We can rebuild with or without a big FA

richtree

Rotation player
If we get Lebron, Wade, or Bosh etc...great....if not, Donnie can find a way.

I say trade chandler and Curry's contract which will be expiring for Rubio.
Trade for Rip Hamilton (backup plan Mike Miller/Ray allen) via Lee sign and trade.

Maybe even grab Felton in a deal

Pg - Rubio, Douglas --> or Felton
Sg - R. Hamliton, Morrow
Sf - Gallinari, Walker
Pf - Scola
C - Amare. Barron

You can build a nice team that can really play without having a star this season. Then next season you can try to grab a top player or a young guy looking to join a strong team in the East.

Obvouisly, Wade, James, Bosh are the highlights, but this shows the Knicks are not "Losers" for not getting a top guy

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Amare will get a max deal so i would consider him a "big FA". We can rebuild without any signings but we would probably be best off trading for long term prospects in deals that we take back bad contracts.

Paul1355

All Star

Trade for Rip Hamilton (backup plan Mike Miller/Ray allen) via Lee sign and trade.

Sg - R. Hamliton, Morrow
Sf - Gallinari, Walker
Pf - Scola
C - Amare. Barron

You can build a nice team that can really play without having a star this season. Then next season you can try to grab a top player or a young guy looking to join a strong team in the East.

Obvouisly, Wade, James, Bosh are the highlights, but this shows the Knicks are not "Losers" for not getting a top guy
We will not get Rubio unless he demands to not play in Minnesota so people stop putting the fantasy in your heads that we can somehow get him.

We can make the playoffs without an all star but at best we'd make 8th seed

We can sign Luke Ridnour, Richard Jefferson who wants to play in NY, tyson chandler/Haywood for the front court, and Tyrus Thomas

Ridnour
Jefferson
Gallo
Thomas
Chandler/Haywood

bench-
Walker
Douglas
W Chandler
maybe Barron
Rautins
Fields

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Please don't say the words Jefferson and Richard in reverse order. You'll jinx our team. I couldn't possibly want less to do with that peanut headed tool.

Paul1355

All Star
Please don't say the words Jefferson and Richard in reverse order. You'll jinx our team. I couldn't possibly want less to do with that peanut headed tool.
if he signs for cheap then yea I'd take him, he isnot half the player he was but he always torched the Knicks...if we get nothing then getting him for cheap won't be bad.

NY fans have to lose the pride...Jefferson is plan Z but he should still be a plan.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Sg - R. Hamliton, Morrow
Sf - Gallinari, Walker
Pf - Scola
C - Amare. Barron

you guys are killing me with this bullshyt... He came into this job promising dolan and the knick fans with no uncertain terms, One of the big name FA in 22010 will be a knick. If none of them are Knicks, then he is a failure... bringing on D'antoni will be (though i believe it already is) a failed move, and these two losing seasons will be all there is to show for it.

I'm sorry you guys are giving Walsh a little too much credit thus far... If he comes out with a Tier 1 FA, then he deserves some of that praise... If he does not, then Like I've said before, he is in Bianchi, Layden, and Thomas territory in my book.

Paul1355

All Star
you guys are killing me with this bullshyt... He came into this job promising dolan and the knick fans with no uncertain terms, One of the big name FA in 22010 will be a knick. If none of them are Knicks, then he is a failure... bringing on D'antoni will be (though i believe it already is) a failed move, and these two losing seasons will be all there is to show for it.

I'm sorry you guys are giving Walsh a little too much credit thus far... If he comes out with a Tier 1 FA, then he deserves some of that praise... If he does not, then Like I've said before, he is in Bianchi, Layden, and Thomas territory in my book.
anybody who can trade Jerome James should get a little praise

If he fails to get a free agent, then Mike D is teh failurebecause thats why he came here in the first place.

Of course Donnie is blamed for choosing Mike D, but remember at that time we had a coaching vacancy...most people were satisfied that we chose the best available coach.

We now know how bad his defensive coaching abilities are and that he really needs some good players.

If we don't get anyone good and dont make the playoffs then us both will be happy to see Mike D fired.

Donnie had to get rid of the worst contracts in the entire NBA which you know were the worst.

Jared Jeffries-6 million
Malik Rose-8 million
Jamal Crawford-11 mil?
Zach Randolph-17 million
Jerome James-6 million

And he still had Curry at 11 million..all because of Isiah so don't even think of putting anyone except Kevin McHale in the class of Isiah.

Donnie came in the worst situation, bad team, no coach, horrible gm, drama off the court, egotistic players, selfish players, angry fans, huge stage which adds pressure.....he did what he said he'd do, get under the cap and did it by 34 million.

Yes two wasted seasons but we are in the best situation since the free agency we got Houston and Sprewell.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Donnie did everything he could to get us in the position to sign two big fa's, but he didn't have any influence on what other teams did.
If Isisah hadn't done the Curry trade, we might have Noah by now + about 11 millions less in contracts.
He brought the Knicks in the best possible position, so let's wait and see, hoe LBJ is going to decide.
I think it's down to the Knicks and the Nets, I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets get this right

anybody who can trade Jerome James should get a little praise

If he fails to get a free agent, then Mike D is teh failurebecause thats why he came here in the first place.

Of course Donnie is blamed for choosing Mike D, but remember at that time we had a coaching vacancy...most people were satisfied that we chose the best available coach.

We now know how bad his defensive coaching abilities are and that he really needs some good players.

If we don't get anyone good and dont make the playoffs then us both will be happy to see Mike D fired.

Donnie had to get rid of the worst contracts in the entire NBA which you know were the worst.

Jared Jeffries-6 million
Malik Rose-8 million
Jamal Crawford-11 mil?
Zach Randolph-17 million
Jerome James-6 million

And he still had Curry at 11 million..all because of Isiah so don't even think of putting anyone except Kevin McHale in the class of Isiah.

Donnie came in the worst situation, bad team, no coach, horrible gm, drama off the court, egotistic players, selfish players, angry fans, huge stage which adds pressure.....he did what he said he'd do, get under the cap and did it by 34 million.

Yes two wasted seasons but we are in the best situation since the free agency we got Houston and Sprewell.

Paul.....u are giving credit where credit does not exist.

Lil Brklyn....is right! Walsh came in our organization selling Dolan and New York a big outrageous fantasy dream of landing "King Lebron James".

The New York media went wild with this "Fantasy con-job of a dream" in March 2008. with the New York media sports writers printing so many different articles on what Walsh have to do to make this "Lebron 2010-Plan" come true. Then in November 2008 the day Donnie Walsh traded Zach & Crawford (2 players contract that goes into the 2010-11 season), the New York Media really went crackhead crazy with headlines/articles as if we just signed Lebron James by taking $28M off of the 2010-11 cap space.
The New York Media sold all of the New York Fans that Donnie Walsh was going to make Lebron James a Knick player in the 2010 offseason, back in November 2008. their media tactics were great after Walsh accepted Mobley who failed our physical with a career ending injury (do u recall how much Mobley's 2 year contract was?).

All the unnecessary trading Donnie Walsh did of players who contracts end in 2009-10 season (Balkman, Collins, Rose, Jerome, Q.Richardson, Nate, plus trading the players he made Knicks) were all foolish trade moves that made the Knicks roster weaker then what it was.

All BULLSHUUUT!
by writers cover up of the Knicks poor headcoach Isiah & Damntoni.
Donnie came into a situation where the coaching-staff and players all wanted President/headcoach Isiah Thomas Fired.
Assistant coach Herb Williams been the Knicks top assistant for over 7 years under 4 headcoaches in 2008. Automatically that made Herb Williams the interim headcoach for the 2008-9 season, giving bigman trainer Mark Aquire the assistant coaching job.
If they fail, then u bring in a headcoach with his own coaching staff, like we did for Pat Riley.

Any G.M. even yourself (Paul) couldve lowered a salary-cap that was already designed to be lowered 65% by 2009-10 season, and to nothing but draft contracts after the 2010-11 season.

p0nder

Starter
Kiyaman, why are you so negative? Like i feel that there is a sadness inside of you that just won't let you be happy for the situation at hand. Yeah, D'antoni isn't that great and Donnie Walsh is an opportunistic spin doctor that came to a franchise that had no where else to go but up.

But now we are finally at the place where we can start to go up! I know you are nervous about the lack of draft picks we have and the uncertainty of the FA signings but come on man! We might have a winning season for the first time since what... 1999? Did we even have a .500 record that year?

Look, being a long time Knicks fan is bound to make even the best of us falter and loose faith and think "front office has screwed us again". But until the free agency is over how can you be so harsh on our current boys?

...Herb Wiliams was part of the losing culture that prevailed over that 8 years. Why the hell would we give him the head coaching job? What did he ever do for the knicks to help them win???

One thing is for certain tho; Without a big FA signing this off season, NYK will not be in a good position to rebuild. With shitty draft picks and not much under contract to trade we need to spend out money and spend it wisely.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie did everything he could to get us in the position to sign two big fa's, but he didn't have any influence on what other teams did.
If Isisah hadn't done the Curry trade, we might have Noah by now + about 11 millions less in contracts.
He brought the Knicks in the best possible position, so let's wait and see, hoe LBJ is going to decide.
I think it's down to the Knicks and the Nets, I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I hated Isiah but his biggest failure was not letting Herb Williams be the interim headcoach while adding more coaches to his coaching-staff (Patrick Ewing). Isiah had this opportunity in the 2006-7 and 2007-8 season.
The more coaches the less problems with the players.

Donnie Walsh screwed up his own plan by knowing little to nothing about the Knicks organization and the Knick players on the roster.
And trading the Knicks two highest scorers (Zach & Crawford) was not a hard task, but the easiest part of the 2010-plan when u had so many NBA G.M. on the edge of being Fired within the next season (like Walsh was in Indiana) if they dont bring some optimism to their fan base.
Zach's (20-10) wouldve saved Walsh Job in Indiana if he wouldve traded Jermain Oneal to Portland. The Pacers got tired of Walsh sleeping/disapearing act on every Draft Night.

KBlack25

Starter
Kiya - Why the Herb Williams obsession?

Don't you remember when this guy "coached" last time? The offensive "system" consisted of 5 guys just standing around, and on defense they weren't much better. Herb Williams already failed once as headcoach of the Knicks, why let him do it again?

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, why are you so negative? Like i feel that there is a sadness inside of you that just won't let you be happy for the situation at hand. Yeah, D'antoni isn't that great and Donnie Walsh is an opportunistic spin doctor that came to a franchise that had no where else to go but up.

But now we are finally at the place where we can start to go up! I know you are nervous about the lack of draft picks we have and the uncertainty of the FA signings but come on man! We might have a winning season for the first time since what... 1999? Did we even have a .500 record that year?

Look, being a long time Knicks fan is bound to make even the best of us falter and loose faith and think "front office has screwed us again". But until the free agency is over how can you be so harsh on our current boys?

...Herb Wiliams was part of the losing culture that prevailed over that 8 years. Why the hell would we give him the head coaching job? What did he ever do for the knicks to help them win???

One thing is for certain tho; Without a big FA signing this off season, NYK will not be in a good position to rebuild. With shitty draft picks and not much under contract to trade we need to spend out money and spend it wisely.

Ponder....havnt u learn something about this Knick Team since the 1999 losing season Knicks, when the team did a 360-turn in midseason to make the 8th seed playoff, to take it to the FINALS.
After owner Dolan fired GM Ernie Grundfield, Dolan attended every home and away game for the rest of the regular season.

Since that 1999 fight btween GM Ernie and coach JVG, everytime owner James Dolan stop what he is doing to attend Knick games consistently b/c of a Knick losing streak, the Knicks turn around and go on a winning streak.
This has happen with coach JVG, Chaney, Larry Brown, and Damntoni.
My (Kiya) conclusion of this is these (above) coaches had no respect for their G.M., but when Big Willie Owner James Dolan come on the seen coach and players act their role 100%.

Look, even if Walsh can't deliver someone it doesn't mean that what he did to this point becomes a failure. He did what HAD to be done. It's a crap shoot now, but at least we are in the game. Walsh made that happen. Comparing him to Layden or (*gasp) Thomas just because the FAs all decide they want to play elsewhere isn't right.

Not even in the same ballpark.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets be For-Real

Kiya - Why the Herb Williams obsession?

Don't you remember when this guy "coached" last time? The offensive "system" consisted of 5 guys just standing around, and on defense they weren't much better. Herb Williams already failed once as headcoach of the Knicks, why let him do it again?

That was not headcoach Herb Williams, that was Lenny Wilkins letting Marbury, Penny, and Crawful do what they wanted to do.
Larry Brown and Isiah running the same design offensive play "throw the ball down low to Curry".

The Herb Williams I seen as headcoach of the Knicks had plenty movement around the ball b/c he benched Marbury & Crawford the majority of each game. I'm not crazy about Herb Williams but he need to get his shot at headcoach to be fired or build a coaching staff around him.
Herb only helped headcoach Chaney, but he gave less than a shit about helping Wilkins, Larry Brown, Isiah, and Dantoni.
And do u think those headcoaches wanted Herb as their top assistant???

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
if he signs for cheap then yea I'd take him, he isnot half the player he was but he always torched the Knicks...if we get nothing then getting him for cheap won't be bad.

NY fans have to lose the pride...Jefferson is plan Z but he should still be a plan.

Why? If there's one position we don't need to add to it's SF. I don't wanna see either Gallo or Chandler playing the 2 or 4, with Richardson bricking shot after shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Look, even if Walsh can't deliver someone it doesn't mean that what he did to this point becomes a failure. He did what HAD to be done. It's a crap shoot now, but at least we are in the game. Walsh made that happen. Comparing him to Layden or (*gasp) Thomas just because the FAs all decide they want to play elsewhere isn't right.

Not even in the same ballpark.

Cut it out!
If a team was not a top contender or 2nd round playoff team the "ECONOMY" and the big news of the NBA lowering teams salary cap to pay more luxury tax after next season during 2007 season. This made alot of NBA teams accountants advise the owner to lower their salary cap b/c of the low economy and the state is raising tax 3%.
So teams not knowing how low the NBA salary cap may be reduce start shedding high long term contracts....Nets with Kidd, Piston with Billups

With the Knicks having 23 win seasons/owner Dolan getting a memo from his accountant/investment brokers on the low economy/Isiah only being good for getting high long term contracts.
Are u sure it was Donnie Walsh idea to lower the Knicks salary cap/which was already design to be lowered to rookie contracts by 2011 offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why? If there's one position we don't need to add to it's SF. I don't wanna see either Gallo or Chandler playing the 2 or 4, with Richardson bricking shot after shot.

:agreed:

I will BASH and hold-up FIRE-WALSH signs everytime Im in the Garden if Walsh sign a SF-FA this summer

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Walsh and D'antoni are being given the biggest Mulligan I can remember by NY Fans. People you are KNICK Fans, act like you have some sense and can see past the bullshyt. Again, I repeat, If Walsh doesn't get a top tier FA... By that I mean WADE, LEBRON, OR BOSH... He needs to be called out as a CON and then fired. Point blank. If he signs Amare to that 5 year 100 Million dollar contract he needs to be FIRED point blank. As crazy and disturbing the Jerome James contract was, the fact was it was MLE, and James, sad to say, was the best Center available, and Thomas wanted to make an impact... Amare isn't the best PF available in this class, I'd argue he's tied for 3rd with Boozer after Bosh and Dirk. and I'd also say he's not Far ahead of Lee, so why give him money like he's Tim Duncan or a Prime Kevin Garnett...

Walsh, in my opinon, is borderline senile. He doesn't know talent. He knows popularity and he knows what D'antoni tells him. I need him to prove me wrong but so far its not happening. Yes Walsh traded the contract of Jeffries, and Crawford and Zbo... but SO WHAT. Look, Gilbert Arenas is making obscene amount of money right now, and the Wizards want to get rid of him, do you think Ernie Grunfeld would take on an expiring contract like Eddy Curry's just so he could get rid of Arenas? The answer is no... Just because you want to give up on a contract doesn't mean you settle for any low ball offer. You trade a double double talent like Z-Bo to the Clippers and don't get a draft pick? the only thing you get in return is mobley? That is crazy... Trading Crawford and Z-Bo when he did, was just plain crazy... he could have waited for the Trade deadline or during the draft to get more for the talent that was being given away... Walsh is out of touch... He sold Dolan a bill of goods and is trying his darndest to cash in on it now... That trade to Houston was disgusting the amount of players you gave up, just for the hopes of getting Lebron or Wade... NO you HAVE TO GET LEBRON OR WADDE SIR. YOU have to make due on the Promise you made Dolan and the Knick Fans.. If not you are SIR are an EPIC FAIL. and will need to be FIRED.