Amare to Knicks reportedly "done"

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we have to take Amar'e, and LBJ declines, then let's PLEASE keep Lee and have, FOR NOW, a 5 of:

1 TD
2 Sky Walker
3 Gallo
4 Lee
5 Stat

We can then offer the Spurs a reasonable/realistic proposal for Parker.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
hey lets go people atleas somebody jumped on now that my entize lebron if not hey felton lee and haywodd and mike miler sound good to me if we cant get lebron and look at the lineup wthout him

felton
mike miller
gallo
lee
amare

bench
haywood
wilson chandler
toney dogulas
bill wallker
sign t mac for mid or vets min
and the new guys if healthy sounds like a good squad to me and dont forget about curry he gets off the books so next year we have a shot to another player
good thing about this squad is when we need defense we could go with

douglas
t-mac
chandler
amare
haywood
a team that could have decent d

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/07/01/source-amare-and-ny-in-numbers/
A source close to Amar’e's camp informs us that the Suns big man is ready to come to NY and that they are currently, “figuring out the numbers.”

I’ve somewhat posted conflicting reports about Amar’e and Miami because I’m getting info from everywhere, but it sounds like he’s ready to commit to the Big Apple and it’s a numbers crunch.

Could this be the first shoe to drop in what could be the greatest pick and roll tandem in NBA history?

Stay tuned…Trying to confirm. But either way we won’t know for a while so hang in there…

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The best pick and roll tandem in history?

Pretty damn close. Amare's probably one of the best finishers at the rim in the league, and despite him being older than Bosh he's less soft. Surprising, right?

Edit: I'm starting to think Amare > Bosh.

Amare ISN'T soft like Bosh is. He doesn't play defense, but he's more physically imposing. He doesn't have as good an outside shot, but we have outside shooters - what we need is a front court desperately, and Amare is way stronger up front than Bosh is.

THAT and I'm concerned about Bosh's injury history. Amare had the eye problem (that's a freak accident frankly) and the microfracture surgery, but he's far removed from the surgery and has shown that he's still a BEAST.

Bosh on the other hand misses so many games due to nagging injuries (injuries I believe a player like Lee would probably play through) and I question his desire.

They're both athletic but Amare is stronger. Neither is great on defense, but Bosh might be marginally better but not by a whole lot. Amare at least has a paint presence whereas Bosh is soft

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
yo this is pretty funny guys i got duhon a twitter and he saids
Helloooo anybody out there? Shit I think my phones broken I havent got no calls yet!

lolz that pretty funny he suck as a player but thats funny to me

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
In my opinion, if this is true, it is great great news for many reasons

1) I bet my friend 200 bucks two years ago that Amare would be on the knicks in 2010.

2) I think Amare will bring in Lebron. Everyone in the league said that Amare and Lebron playing together in Cleveland would have been dominant. That was all the talk before the trade deadline. IN the end Gilbert couldnt get the job done. Then, if we sign Tyrus Thomas to play the 4 and have Nillo play 3 so that when lebron drives he can dish out to Nillo for a tre or dump it to Stat for an easy two.

At that point i dont even think its necessary to trade for Tony Parker, but that would be an added bonus.

here is my question. Is it possible to get Stat and LBJ AND pull off a trade for TP? We would have to trade someone on our roster already correct? We couldnt do a sign and trade because of the financials? Either way this lineup is scary

Douglas
James
Nillo
Thomas
Stat

Thats easily good for 2nd or 3rd best team in the East. Add Parker and its the best team in the east.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Smooth21

Rookie
Why would we keep Lee if we got Amare? Neither plays any D, neither can even attempt to guard a center and I don't think they'd co-exist on offense very well.

I don't like Amare's game but I think we need him to get LeBron, he's part of the puzzle. I'm okay with Amare's faults if he's our #2. If we whiff on LBJ though I will not be very pleased, though there are other options out there that could field a solid playoff team. Some of the examples above are pretty good...

Felton
M. Miller
Gallo
Amare
Haywood

Chandler
TD
Walker

I'm okay with that team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amare's game isn't the best but I think the Knicks are a team that needs toughness and physicality more than outside shooting. We've got Gallo who's a great outside shooter, we just need more depth up front.

If we get a center like Okafor he can grab a ton of rebounds and block shots. Playing Amare at the 4 and Okafor at the 5 is undersizing but at the same time I think we can get by since Okafor is a good defender and Amare serves as a presence even if he's not a great defender

Smooth21

Rookie
I agree ^, Amare just tends to disappear a little too often for my liking and doesn't rebound or play D for shit. We need an Okafor/Haywood to pair with him.

Smooth21

Rookie
Every Knick fan's favorite reporter, Chris Broussard, is reporting that the two sides haven't met yet and all they've done is solidify their meeting time/place on Monday.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i dunno a side of me thinks its true the other side im still iffy about, i hope it is though Amar'e would bolster our chances at getting a big name, maybe the meeting thats taking pplace over the weekend or monday will be to finalize the deal? we'll see.

Trin_Starr

Starter
No the twitter acct is legit. Tommy d also put up the article on his blog site for further confirmation. What I find interesting is that right after the lbj meeting stat is coming to the knicks. I think they asked lbj which max player u would like to play with and he prob reAlizes that bosh and wade are cuddling up Miami so he wants stat. Pretty much lbj prob said sign stat and u got me.
And what's even more interesting is that stat was due for his fa meeting on Monday so him to want to sign today means that he heard lbj wants to play with him so he's down and doesn't need to wait to hear Knicks pitch

Last edited: