Looks like Amar`e and knicks is real close

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Suns believe the New York Knicks are prepared to give Stoudemire a maximum offer with all five seasons guaranteed. The Heat could turn to Stoudemire if Chris Bosh(notes) passes on their offer, but Miami officials have also expressed similar concern about Stoudemire’s previous injuries. The Houston Rockets tried to deal for Stoudemire in February and have also explored possible sign-and-trade scenarios with him in free agency.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiresuns070210

A max for Stat that revolves around luck and LeBron just isn't right. It just isn't.

David Lee:

act_david_lee.jpg

2009-10 Statistics
PPG - 20.2
RPG - 11.70
APG - 3.6
BPG - 0.5
SPG - 1.0
FG% - .545
FT% - .812
EFF - +26.99

Born: Apr 29, 1983
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
College: Florida
Years Pro: 4

Upsides:

-Great rebounder
-Creative/effective post scorer
-Developed good mid range game adding versatility
-Passing. Another addition to his offensive versatility
-Ball handling. Added a reliable spin move that, again, added to offensive versatility.
-Ambidexterity - exemplary ability to finish and create with both hands.
-Runs the floor well.
-Excellent P&R player
-Quick jumper
-Great attitude. Excellent work ethic. Coaches dream etc.
-Good IQ

-Showed his ability to be a 20 + 10 + 5 player with last season's ginormous 37,20 and 10 triple double. Statistically one of the best games in years. Had a number of games within 1 or 2 assists of similar monster games with triple doubles.

Down sides:

Defence:
-Lateral movement
-Willingness
-Positioning
-Timing
-Struggling on switches
-Lack of physicality
-Puppy dog intimidation level

Basically, it's all about defence. Offensively, he's a top 10, maybe even top 7/8 big man. He has had to play against a lot of bigger opponents away from his natural position, but he didn't complain, he just did it......albeit abysmally.

Predicted salary: $12.5Mish per season

Amar'e Stoudemire
act_amare_stoudemire.jpg

2009-2010 R/S Stats
PPG 23.1
RPG 8.9
APG 1.0
BPG 1.0
SPG 0.63
FG% .557
FT% .771

2010 Playoffs Statistics
PPG 21.1
RPG 7.10
APG 1.3
EFF +19.75
Born: Nov 16, 1982
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 249 lbs. / 112.9 kg.
High School: Cypress Creek (FL)
Years Pro: 7

Upsides:

Great blend of strength, quickness, athleticism
Can out muscle any player with sheer momentum
Runs exceptionally well for a big
Good hands
Great first step
Excellent on P&R (with leagues best passer)
Good mid range game

Downsides:

Horrible passing, lack of desire to give up the ball.
Lost some explosiveness
Multiple injuries, re-cos (big concern)
Uninspired rebounder
Defensively lacking
Reported locker room hinderance
Overly self appreciative.

Only an idiot would prefer Stat over Lee for that much more cash.

jpz17

Starter
Knicks and Amar'e Stoudemire are making progress on 5 year, max contract, sources say. Framework of deal in place, talks continuing today. Knicks and Stoudemire working on 5-year deal worth nearly $100 million, sources say. Another team chasing Amar'e believes he's off board.

sounds like a good deal to me honestly.....

Smooth21

Rookie
I agree with everything Crazy8s says when just comparing Lee & STAT straight up but STAT is part of this FA puzzle for us. If he's our #2 then I'm fine with him. If he gets us LBJ or Wade then it's all good - it's a risk we have to take. We're swinging for the fences. I don't want to come out of this summer without taking risks and being stuck as a 6-8th seed in the East.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Damn this is looking more and more like it's going to get done. I really wanted to keep Lee and maybe there is a chance for that. But if Amare can bring us that other Superstar then let's get it done.

Bosh is more offensively talented. In the sense of what he can do. Off the dribble, post up and a better shot. I know Amare has been working on his shot and what I like about him is his aggressiveness. We need toughness back in NYC. Really hate to get rid of Lee though. He did a lot for us.

Velcro

Rookie
i would rather have lee... but if it gets LeBron here it sounds good to me... this is also good cause it stops the heat from getting him and if bosh and Bron go to chicago we can probably get wade since he isn't gunna get help. I would still like to sign T-mac to a vet minimum but i doubt his ego would let him take it...

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Let's be honest here. Lee is good REAL good but Amare can be LETHAL with pick & roll (Gallo or LBJ) because his offense his better than Lee and can command a double team.

If it gets completed we are better.

mafra

Legend
I prefer LEE.... but Amar'e is the better player. Lee doesn't take over a game in the 4th like Amar'e does. Lee does have the better jumper, uses both hands, but is smaller and more of a liability on defense. At least Amar'e alters shots to some extent.

Anyway, at least we have him in our pocket. We got something. At least it gives Lebron something else to ponder. AND, for all we know, Lebron requested Amar'e over Lee.

ALSO, we still could swing a 3-way deal.... sign-&-trade.... where Lee goes to MIN and Jefferson comes here (or goes elsewhere and we get something else).

Bottom line: We can't throw away 2 years and then resign Lee and come back with the same team in 2010.

The GREAT part of this deal is that it's only 5 years.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Yes! But it's defined by a word known as 'modest'. You can also use another word; 'humble'. The versatility of the global language hey?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Why would LeBron prefer Amar'e over Lee?

If they do play together, Amar'e better hope LeBron is the PG feeding him all game like Nash.

quiggle

Starter
great to see STAT now part of the Knicks. did the Knicks brass even speak to him, surprised this got done so quickly without other teams meeting him with yet.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
A max for Stat that revolves around luck and LeBron just isn't right. It just isn't.

Only an idiot would prefer Stat over Lee for that much more cash.

While I tend to agree and have compared their stats in the past there some things to think of. STAT has these numbers while winning (in the West) and Lee pads his stats while losing in the weakest division. Further Amare can legitimately take a game over and can be a go to guy in crunch time...Lee not so much. They both require a distributor to feed their offense so thats a wash. Lee is the better rebounder but Amare is the better scorer and defender.

I would rather have Bosh or Lee plus a center but Amare will def bring excitement to the garden again if the right pieces are put in place around him. My apprehension is that Amre is our number one option...if so I highly doubt we can assemble a better supporting cast than the Suns did. Ehh...I'm torn but will embrace any of these players if they become Knicks.

P.S. Only another catastrophic injury could make Amare into Mcdyess...Amare has always been twice the player of even a healthy McDyess.

quiggle

Starter
i just sent him a Tweet over at amareisreal congratulating him and welcoming to the Knicks, should make all our new comers feel as welcomed as possible.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think this gives us an advantage in getting that 2nd big FA. It shows we aren't messing around and we are serious.

This helps us in the LBJ sweepstakes.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
i just sent him a Tweet over at amareisreal congratulating him and welcoming to the Knicks, should make all our new comers feel as welcomed as possible.

Funny how the deal isnt even completed yet. They are close, but its not done yet. Lets hold off on him being a Knick for now.

If he indeed does become a Knick, then I hope him and LBJ are friends or getting Amare would influence him in any way. Because at this point, I think its all but over for the Knicks with LeBron. I think its just between the Nets and the Cavs, and I personally think hes staying in Cleveland.