This is ironic

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
http://stephena.com/?p=953

While I have my doubts about some of this, it is becoming ironic that the summer of LBJ is actually turning into the summer of STAT, Bosh, D-Wade.

It looks more and more feasible that where STAT & Bosh go are driving where LBJ goes.

What I don't believe in the article is that STAT won't come for less than max if LBJ is not there. Stephen.... if STAT could not get 5 guaranteed from the suns what makes you think someone else is going to give him 6 guaranteed? He is taking the best he can get and at the moment that is the knicks offer.

Nonetheless, and I have been saying this, at least one of these guys would want MAX and if it was Wade/bosh/LBJ then it would cause a serious problem

This little nugget is also telling about how stupid Riley really is:

The source said Wade is unclear how the Heat, who currently have just two players under contract, will be able to build a championship contender around him given salary-cap constraints. While the Heat have the money to bring in one more max player (and possibly a second if they do a sign-and-trade), the team will have to fill the rest of the roster with minimum salary players. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

You can't just drop ship 3 all-stars on a team with crap around it and expect to win.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
http://stephena.com/?p=953

While I have my doubts about some of this, it is becoming ironic that the summer of LBJ is actually turning into the summer of STAT, Bosh, D-Wade.

It looks more and more feasible that where STAT & Bosh go are driving where LBJ goes.

What I don't believe in the article is that STAT won't come for less than max if LBJ is not there. Stephen.... if STAT could not get 5 guaranteed from the suns what makes you think someone else is going to give him 6 guaranteed? He is taking the best he can get and at the moment that is the knicks offer.

Nonetheless, and I have been saying this, at least one of these guys would want MAX and if it was Wade/bosh/LBJ then it would cause a serious problem

This little nugget is also telling about how stupid Riley really is:

You can't just drop ship 3 all-stars on a team with crap around it and expect to win.

Boston Celtics.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The 2007-08 team (first when garnet and allen arrived) consisted of notables:

Rondo
Posey
Sam Cassell
Davis
PJ Brown
Eddie House

HARDLY crap when you consider there are very few players out there now that would be this good

Are you seriously claiming that any of those players was anything better than a glorified bench player at best?

None of those players at the time was anything more than a glorified bench player.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Are you seriously claiming that any of those players was anything better than a glorified bench player at best?

None of those players at the time was anything more than a glorified bench player.
but those are good role player at the time.
Also the chemistry factor.

J

New New York

Quiet Storm
The 2007-08 team (first when garnet and allen arrived) consisted of notables:

Rondo
Posey
Sam Cassell
Davis
PJ Brown
Eddie House

HARDLY crap when you consider there are very few players out there now that would be this good

you forgot Perkins and a damn good coach!