Dare I Say It? F-Lebron. Trade Lee and Move on before....

mafra

Legend
I know it might sound crazy. But, dare I say it.... Screw Lebron James. Part of me would love for the Knicks to give the big middle finger to LJ, Wade & Bosh and move on now w/out them.

How shocked would they be, and the entire NBA universe, if they Knicks said NO to those clowns instead of waiting on our hands and knees for them to say NO to us.

From the NY Post:

"Bosh can make an extra $30 million playing in New York if he does a sign-and-trade with Toronto, and the Raptors are interested in working out a deal for David Lee. Lee, too, could be interested because he also can make an extra year at about $11 million. But Lee is not waiting around. Lee has had meetings with Minnesota, Chicago and Miami, and Lee's agent Mark

Bartelstein has been in talks with the Nets and Golden State.

"The Knicks can't do anything until LeBron and Dwyane Wade know what they are going to do," a source familiar with the Knicks thinking told The Post. "They're being held hostage by LeBron."

--------

How pissed will we be if James & Wade say NO to us, but by then it's too late to get something in return for David Lee! That would royally screw the Knicks.

Right now, it appears we could get Monta Ellis or Al Jefferson. Maybe even get more as those teams bid against one another for D-Lee.... Maybe Rubio or Randolph, a draft pick.... what not.

Even if you don't like Jefferson or Ellis, they would work with Amar'e and they would be ASSETS we could use to trade for something else (perhaps Parker, Paul or Melo). Who knows.

We would still have room to sign another tier-B free agent. Plus it would feel so good not to be the butt of jokes, and to make our own destiny and to shock the landscape.... WE SAID NO TO THEM!

Then again.... if we have a shot at Lebron?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
lol

Lol you want a funny one? Sources state that the Knicks haven't offered Stoudamire a max contract yet and that its all contingent on what James wants if he comes to NY. Could u imagine after all this talk of the Knicks don't even get Stoudamire!

New New York

Quiet Storm
To me there is nothing more for James to consider, he by now knows at least which teams he is not playing for and he should just call them up to let them move on w/ their summer; and sorry to say we are probably one of them along with the Clippers!

So be it!

Lets move on, we are wasting both time and opportunity while this guy gets his ego catered to.

Honestly, I don't want him, because in 5 years after he has made all his money in NY he will bolt.

The fact of the matter is regardless of where James goes this summer it is not going to be his final destination!

I think David Lee and Amare could work together (just not defensively) and we should focus on beefing up our core of players instead of just going after one superstar!

Douglas/Rautins
Walker/Wilson
Gallo/Wilson
Lee/Amare
Amare/Barron

6th seed in the East (means no lottery pick for Hou.) with about 7 million still left in cap (we could just fill out our roster with league minimum players) not to mention Curry's contract.

We could also let Curry's contract just melt away and we could be left with about 15 million to spend next off season.

What Boston did was a fluke in sports in how they built their championship team, it typically takes more time.

So this roster gives us a respectable team and some hope.

Not to mention....if we sign Lee for the right price he too becomes an a chip for us to trade down the road

petescud

Starter
I think LBJ has narrowed it down to 3 teams (Cle, NYN and Mia) I think if he doesn't return to Cle, we get him...I think its exciting as well as frustrating...lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The only time I'd give up on LeBron would be if we could get Carmelo Anthony

If we can somehow get Carmelo and Amar'e I'd love nothing more than for the Knicks to curbstomp the Crapaliers out of the playoffs 3 years in a row

Paul1355

All Star
I know it might sound crazy. But, dare I say it.... Screw Lebron James. Part of me would love for the Knicks to give the big middle finger to LJ, Wade & Bosh and move on now w/out them.

How shocked would they be, and the entire NBA universe, if they Knicks said NO to those clowns instead of waiting on our hands and knees for them to say NO to us.

From the NY Post:

"Bosh can make an extra $30 million playing in New York if he does a sign-and-trade with Toronto, and the Raptors are interested in working out a deal for David Lee. Lee, too, could be interested because he also can make an extra year at about $11 million. But Lee is not waiting around. Lee has had meetings with Minnesota, Chicago and Miami, and Lee's agent Mark

Bartelstein has been in talks with the Nets and Golden State.

"The Knicks can't do anything until LeBron and Dwyane Wade know what they are going to do," a source familiar with the Knicks thinking told The Post. "They're being held hostage by LeBron."

--------

How pissed will we be if James & Wade say NO to us, but by then it's too late to get something in return for David Lee! That would royally screw the Knicks.

Right now, it appears we could get Monta Ellis or Al Jefferson. Maybe even get more as those teams bid against one another for D-Lee.... Maybe Rubio or Randolph, a draft pick.... what not.

Even if you don't like Jefferson or Ellis, they would work with Amar'e and they would be ASSETS we could use to trade for something else (perhaps Parker, Paul or Melo). Who knows.

We would still have room to sign another tier-B free agent. Plus it would feel so good not to be the butt of jokes, and to make our own destiny and to shock the landscape.... WE SAID NO TO THEM!

Then again.... if we have a shot at Lebron?
anyone who doesnt want James should not be a Knicks fan...he is the fastest way to us winning a championship, stop being naive