Is the only reason Lee hasn't been signed...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
because of just to get somebody new?

What if Amar'e was on this team for the past few years instead and Lee was on the Suns?

Let's assume the stats were the same.

One guy is a powerful dunker and one guy is more crafty and smooth around the basket.

Is this just a psychological move that Walsh made where he thought a change would make things better?

I do think Lee for less would have been better, and I thought Walsh said he wasn't going to overpay players? Unless he plans on getting Lee to team with Amar'e or LeBron and/or Wade said they'd play with the Knicks if they got him, what was the point of this? Remember Allan Houston's 100 million dollars contract? Is this better? Worse?

I just really want to point out that signing Lee again wouldn't have made us the SAME team any more than Amar'e for all we know. It's the players around these guys. Put Nash with Lee and then see what happens.

Hey, I hope Amar'e destroys our opponents, but I really think this signing was more psychological than an actual smart move.

Kiyaman

Legend
After the signing of Amare have Donnie Walsh made any effort to get Amare frontcourt bigman help from the FA market?
How important is it for us to give Amare bigman help in each lineup?
lets check Amare 8 year career

Look at all the frontcourt Bigmen help the Phoenix Suns put on their roster so Amare could play all 82 games......after coach Damntoni left Phoenix:

Phoenix 2009-10 roster
6.11 Jarron Collins
6.9 Amundson
6.10 Earl Clark
6.11 Dywane Jones
6.11 Frye
7.0 Lopez

In Amare 8 seasons in the NBA, Amare has only played 80 or more games in 4 of his seasons.
However, 2 out of those 4 seasons Amare did play in all 82 games, those 2 seasons were without headcoach Damntoni.

Hypothetically, in the two seasons of headcoch Damntoni small rotation of players, did it look like he was giving David Lee all that playingtime to get Lee injured with absolutely no bigman help in Lee's lineups?
dont answer that question just remember the straight minutes Lee had to play, and who was Lee's backup the past two seasons?

Kiyaman

Legend
Are the suns still a winning team with Lee in this situation you have created?

90% of Kiya opinion on a Lee/Nash combination is HELL Yeah!
Suns would have a winning season.
Coach Gentry would use Lee in the 4th quarter like coach Larry Brown did in 2005. as a SF on offense and a center on defense for the defensive-rebound. Scary formation.
Especially with Frye peremeter shooting/Lopez low post talent/Richardson slashing/and Grant Hill team leadership.

The Knicks signing Amare/then David Lee would give the Knicks
two of lastseasons ALL-STARS on the 2010-11 roster.
Is David Lee a great future asset to have on the Knicks roster? hell yeah!
Would resigning D.League Earl Barron to a 4 year contract be a bright move?
Hell yeah! we will need all 6 of Barron fouls blockingshots in the paint to get the crowd roaring in MSG.
:gony:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
because of just to get somebody new?

What if Amar'e was on this team for the past few years instead and Lee was on the Suns?

Let's assume the stats were the same.

One guy is a powerful dunker and one guy is more crafty and smooth around the basket.

Is this just a psychological move that Walsh made where he thought a change would make things better?

I do think Lee for less would have been better, and I thought Walsh said he wasn't going to overpay players? Unless he plans on getting Lee to team with Amar'e or LeBron and/or Wade said they'd play with the Knicks if they got him, what was the point of this? Remember Allan Houston's 100 million dollars contract? Is this better? Worse?

I just really want to point out that signing Lee again wouldn't have made us the SAME team any more than Amar'e for all we know. It's the players around these guys. Put Nash with Lee and then see what happens.

Hey, I hope Amar'e destroys our opponents, but I really think this signing was more psychological than an actual smart move.

Great post and great points. Sad that these brainless so called Knick fans can't see it. Apparently all of the so called Knick fans who love this signing believe that Amare and or D'antoni and NOT STEVE NASH was the reason for the Suns success while they were with the Suns. Foolish brainless so called knick fans, the Grass isn't always greener on the other side