Maverick Carter to meet with Knicks Wednesday

Paul1355

All Star
Again, I confirm Maverick Carter will be in NY wednesday, and that scott o'neill is en route to ohio. #tkb #wegotyou 7:45 PM Jul 4th via UberTwitter

TommyDeeTKB
Tommy Dee

And on hoopsworld.com.......... <!-- /.icon -->HoopsWorld: Lebron Leaning Towards NY

By Tommy Dee on Jul 06, 2010, 5:24 pm

Via Hoopsworld:
Whenever there is a vacuum of information, rumors begin to surface. When it was reported that LeBron James would be waiting until the conclusion of his Akron basketball camp on Wednesday to make his decision, it gave the basketball world several days to churn out different scenarios and rumors and nobody seemed to be on the same page.​

But in the last twenty-four hours, there have been lot of rumblings indicating that James could be leaning towards New York and reviving the Knicks with Amar?e Stoudemire.

Several sources indicated that James? advisors Maverick Carter and Randy Mims could be travelling to New York on Wednesday and sources have hinted that James will be joining them for the trip. Sources also said that Carter and Mims have been picking the Knicks? brains for details and information on their salary cap and free agent plans over the past few days.​
Trying to confirm and again have been unsuccessful. But we?ve noted several times now that Maverick Carter will be in NY Wednesday. If the report is true, it would appear we could know why.
Stay tuned.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Again, I confirm Maverick Carter will be in NY wednesday, and that scott o'neill is en route to ohio. #tkb #wegotyou 7:45 PM Jul 4th via UberTwitter

TommyDeeTKB
Tommy Dee

And on hoopsworld.com.......... <!-- /.icon -->HoopsWorld: Lebron Leaning Towards NY

By Tommy Dee on Jul 06, 2010, 5:24 pm

Via Hoopsworld:
Whenever there is a vacuum of information, rumors begin to surface. When it was reported that LeBron James would be waiting until the conclusion of his Akron basketball camp on Wednesday to make his decision, it gave the basketball world several days to churn out different scenarios and rumors and nobody seemed to be on the same page.​

But in the last twenty-four hours, there have been lot of rumblings indicating that James could be leaning towards New York and reviving the Knicks with Amar?e Stoudemire.

Several sources indicated that James? advisors Maverick Carter and Randy Mims could be travelling to New York on Wednesday and sources have hinted that James will be joining them for the trip. Sources also said that Carter and Mims have been picking the Knicks? brains for details and information on their salary cap and free agent plans over the past few days.​
Trying to confirm and again have been unsuccessful. But we?ve noted several times now that Maverick Carter will be in NY Wednesday. If the report is true, it would appear we could know why.
Stay tuned.
If Wade and Bosh go to Chicago, I honestly believe we have LeBron locked up.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
If Wade and Bosh go to Chicago, I honestly believe we have LeBron locked up.

I agree with that logic. I just won't go that far and say we have LBJ locked up, but I think we would be the clear frontrunner.

Decision time is almost here . . . tick tock tick tock. LOL!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LeBron could stay in Cleveland but i think he knows that if he stays in Cleveland when Wade and Bosh go to Chicago that he's effectively SCREWED cause they're division rivals and he would get ass ****ed by them year after year if he stayed in Cleveland with JAMISON (lol)

Coming to New York is the only way he can keep himself relevant. Otherwise, the Cavs don't have Shaq anymore, and Big Z and Jamison are just getting older (and thus crappier).

It would be great for the NBA if we had LeBron+Amar'e vs. Bosh/Wade as the new version of the Bulls-Knicks rivalry

petescud

Starter
I hope your right...I need this

LeBron could stay in Cleveland but i think he knows that if he stays in Cleveland when Wade and Bosh go to Chicago that he's effectively SCREWED cause they're division rivals and he would get ass ****ed by them year after year if he stayed in Cleveland with JAMISON (lol)

Coming to New York is the only way he can keep himself relevant. Otherwise, the Cavs don't have Shaq anymore, and Big Z and Jamison are just getting older (and thus crappier).

It would be great for the NBA if we had LeBron+Amar'e vs. Bosh/Wade as the new version of the Bulls-Knicks rivalry

New New York

Quiet Storm

Yeah I completly agree.....David Stern is drooling at the possibility of this being the case!

As a fan of The NBA I have said it all along that I would like to see NY and Chi. come out of this as powerhouse teams

Especially with The Lakers being the team to beat.

It could really bode well for The League

Its like I don't much like Indiana, Duke or UNC in college basketball, but for the sake of the game you like to see them as a top 10 team every year because of the tradition.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Bulls vs Knicks 4 times a season would be sick! Remember when Amare was thrashing Bosh for being soft and that's he's better than him? Amare will shit on Bosh hehehe

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

It would be enormous!

I think they'll sign in Miami though. Reviving the hatred between NY and it's late 90s foe! Bringing back the pain!

Back to the trenches with Riley.... Zo still with the franchise.

Amar'e has called out Bosh, calling him "soft as terry cloth".

Bosh bounced on The King in Cleveland

Who's better? Wade or Lebron?

Unreal!

YN8AD00Z.jpg

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Rumors are that the knick city dancers will welcome LJ to the meeting !!:smokin:

0,,5673376,00.jpg

Last edited:

knicks125

Rookie
I don't want to rain on anybodys parade, but Dario8676 has a good point. How do we know that their coming here to see The Knicks and not The Nets?

miked1958

Rotation player
If This Meeting Wed With Lebrons Team Is True

In light of the news tonight that Lebron will make his choice known on ESPN at 9pm on Thursday night, does this mean that the poss meeting on Wed could be to iron out final details of a possible contract and other players he may want them to bring in via a sign and trade.
Or, like most do you now think with this news of the press conference that he is staying in Cleveland. People have said why would he hold a press conference if he was not going to stay.
It could be to thank the City of Cleveland and to set the record stright. But we will all have to wait and see. A one hour show no less. Also with this talk of how he was trying to bring in bosh, its looking more and more like it may be the cavs after all this HYPE that get the big fish

Chris_Broussard
Knicks gaining major ground in LeBron Sweepstakes. Bosh snub hurts Cavs, though they're still in hunt
about

My thing is this........ #1 if he was going to stay in Cleveland, wouldn't he have just announced it already. If his heart was truly at home it shouldn't have been such a tough decision. #2 why does he need an hour long ESPN special to announce he is going to stay in Cleveland? He could have easily just announced it at the camp. Selling commercial time for charity?? Hmmmm... sounds like he is trying to save face to me. He is leaving and he shall be a Knick.