Chicago is out of the race

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Wow...its just us and Cleveland....

and don't forget Miami! They are very much in play.

it's a far cry that LBJ would join the Knicks weeks ago. NYK was number 5 behind Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, NJN supposedly. Personally, I never thought NJ had a chance after the lottery.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
It comes down to this for me... Would he really set up an hour long state of the art press conference capturing the entire worlds attention just to say he's resigning with Cleveland? Or better yet to tell the world he's going to be the Alex Rodriguez to Dwayne Wade's Jeter in Miami?

The guy lives for the marketing himself and building a brand. And that brand is coming to NYC.

quiggle

Starter
maybe the Knicks can take a LeBron nike Knicks ad and roll that over pathetic HOV Prokaiv garbage near the Garden.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Waiting for the Fat Lady to sing

It is not over until it is over. With a little maneuvering, Chicago could sign LeBron, Boozer and Redick. And watch out for the Nets/Nyets!

metrocard

Legend
Why would LeBron want to go to Chicago when that's Roses team?

Douglas is a better PG than Rose for LeBron. Rose needs the ball in his hands, Douglas doesn't.

LeBron to New York makes the most sense.
For the NBA. (People buy Knick jerseys more than Chicago jerseys, and especially a James Knicks jersey and merchandise.)
For this stupid economy. (The best player in the NBA in the best city...come on, how often do we have that? Jeter, Revis, Rivera...these guys are huge hits, LeBron could be next in line)
For LeBron. (Like GetRealstic said, his marketing approach points to NYC)
Everyone profits and gets something.

LeBron going to Chicago or Cleveland just doesn't have its advantages.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Why would LeBron want to go to Chicago when that's Roses team?

Douglas is a better PG than Rose for LeBron. Rose needs the ball in his hands, Douglas doesn't.

LeBron to New York makes the most sense.
For the NBA. (People buy Knick jerseys more than Chicago jerseys, and especially a James Knicks jersey and merchandise.)
For this stupid economy. (The best player in the NBA in the best city...come on, how often do we have that? Jeter, Revis, Rivera...these guys are huge hits, LeBron could be next in line)
For LeBron. (Like GetRealstic said, his marketing approach points to NYC)
Everyone profits and gets something.

LeBron going to Chicago or Cleveland just doesn't have its advantages.

Rose and LBJ can coexist. I think they can help each other greatly.

metrocard

Legend
Rose and LeBron score from the same zones...I don't know. Their styles slash a lot. Where as Douglas fits like a glove.

LeFlume

All Star
Has Miami gained some momentum? I see this sticker on ESPN and I don't like it. Is LeBron leaning heat or what the eff is going on......

Just because Wade and Bosh have announced they're going to Miami the media is hyping the idea of that trio possibly happening again (even tho it won't). Knicks or Cavs.