If we don't get Lebron - Is this enough...?

mafra

Legend
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2010/07/07/randolph-for-lee-how-bad-teams-stay-bad/

"With rumors swirling that the Warriors have a deal in place to send Anthony Randolph and possibly Ronny Turiaf, Kelenna Azubuike and/or Brandan Wright to New York for a signed-and-traded David Lee..."

SO, let's take a look at the GSW roster, and see what they have to offer and what sort of matches we can come up with:

Randolph makes 1.9 mil in 2010 (team option of 2.9 in '11, QO of 4 mil in '12).
Azubuike makes 3.3 mil in 2010 (nothing afterwards).
Wright makes 3.4 in 2010 (QO of 4.5 mil in '11).
Turiaf makes 4 mil in 2010 (player option of 4.3 in '11).
Radmanovic makes 6.8 mil in 2010 (nothing afterwards).

Biedrins makes 9 mil in 2010 (9 mil in '11 & '12, player option of 9 mil in '13).
Ellis makes 11 mil in 2010 (11 mil in '11 & '12, player option of 11 mil in '13).
Morrow has QO of 1.5 extended to him for 2010 (nothing afterwards).

=========

Right away a couple things jump out at me.... I want no part of the Biedrins contract. NO thanks. I might even say the same thing about Monta Ellis as well.

If we do a sign-&-trade with David Lee, you have to think it's going to approach the max.... Let's be conservative and say 12 mil. So, how to make this deal work?

I know we love Anthony Randolph, and almost drafted him 2 years ago. He could be our Boris Diaw and then something right. With Randolph-Chandler-Amar'e.... D'ant finally has the front court he had while in PHO. Randolph plays some defense as well, and has his best years ahead of him.

We still need to bring back another 10 million. Turiaf's contract is not great, with a player option of 4.3 mil for 2011. This severaly hurts our chances getting another max next Summer. I imagine the only way we take back this contract is if we get more assets along with it.

So, let's say Randolhp-Turiaf are part of the deal. That's six million. Halfway there, right.

OK, Wright & Azubuike would make up the 6 million. Or Radmanovic himself.

Lots to think about. If it were me, I would want:

Anthony Randolph, Brandon Wright or Kelena Azubuike, Anthony Morrow, and only then would I take Ronny Turiaf.

We would have enough money to sign Luke Ridnour as well.

Would this roster make us feel better about losing Lebron James:

Ridnour/Douglas
Morrow/Walker
Gallo/Chandler
Amar'e/Turiaf
Randolph/Curry

With Azubuike or Wright on the bench as well; Barron and the 3 rookies?

Not saying this would have us jumping for JOY, but not too shabby of a fallback plan. We would have beef-height in the paint, athleticism, shooting and the pieces to run the floor and showcase the true SSOL.

Heck, we might even go toe-to-toe with MIA, and maybe even lucky enough to avoid them until the Eastern Conference finals.

And, we still have 11 mil coming off the books in 2011. We would have young talent all over the place; and the only pressing need would be to dump Turiaf's contract (but at least we could use his toughness).

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
It's funny Mafra, you seemed so confident the past two days we were getting Lebron. You pretty much said it was a lock! What happened? I'm gonna be honest, with all the stupid hype and getting my hopes up yesterday, if he doesn't end up a Knick I'm gonna so freaking ticked off, that I really don't give a crap who they get, especially if he goes to Miami, cuz no one is beating that team.

mafra

Legend
It's funny Mafra, you seemed so confident the past two days we were getting Lebron. You pretty much said it was a lock! What happened? I'm gonna be honest, with all the stupid hype and getting my hopes up yesterday, if he doesn't end up a Knick I'm gonna so freaking ticked off, that I really don't give a crap who they get, especially if he goes to Miami, cuz no one is beating that team.

I'm just having fun and killing team. I have no doubt Lebron will be a NYK.

BUT, like you mentioned, the Knick fan in my is still apprehensive. We always get let down.

I remember being so happy when our draft pick was close last year. GSW picks and then we are up. Curry is ours! Then BAM. We don;t get him. I'm going.... OK, OK.... just don't draft Jordan Hill. Repeated that over and over for 3 minutes. THEN Stern makes the call.... drum roll.... JORDAN HILL. D'oh!

SO, even though I feel LJ is coming, I just know our NYK pain my strike again.

If that happens, this is probably the one move that would apepase my soul.

This team would be the PHO of this decade, and might even be good enough to shock MIA in 2-3 years.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
i would love that because is it worth to get a super star like lebron instead of enjoying a team playing like a team if u have another big with amare then just focus on getting suberb shooters we will have a team like no other

i thought of a four team trade although it would never happen i would do a sign and trade with david lee give up chandler and rights to sergio rodriguez and cash
minny loses rubio and jefferson but get lee and chandler
thunder loses aldrich but gets al jefferson
grizzlies lose vasguez but get cash rights to sergio or future draft pick
we get rubios rights aldrich and vasguez

douglas vasguez
walker rautins
gallo fields i think he is the real deal
amare garcia
aldrich barron