3 Amigos Part 2 in NY

tiger0330

Legend
"Chris Paul talking about teaming up with Melo to battle the trio down south. Talkin a lot of ****. I love it."

On a boat w/ Melo 4 his wedding 2morrow. He & Amare R having heavy conversations. Could it B nxt year 4 da #Knicks. Even bring CP3 on board.

http://twitter.com/realjaywilliams

CP3 Melo and Amare teaming up. It can only be on the Knicks since Amare is here, Donnie needs to get working on this.

mafra

Legend
Step #1 is for Melo to stay patient and hold the line. I realize the 3 clowns in South beach made it difficult for you, for their antics all but assured that the owners will prep for a fight next Summer when the current CBA expires.

I know that makes signing this 3-year extension DEN is dangling enticing, for nobody wants to risk losing 30+ million, but you must call their bluff! Be patient and roll the dice.... Chances are come Feb. DEN will balk, get nervous, not wanting to risk losing you for nothing, and they'll swing a deal.

NOW, if you really want to improve your chances of winning and taking on the 3 clowns of South Beach, then just refuse a trade.... Let NYK keep their assets (Gallo, Douglas & Randolph) and simply sign the max (whatever that may be) come next July (and make up the rest of the money in offcourt deals).

BUT, if you can convince DEN you are walking, so much so that they definitely want to trade you in Feb., make it so they have to accept pennies on the dollar. Basically, here's Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry, plus a future 1st. Take it or leave it.

BECAUSE, if you want to go to war in 2011 (if there's a season)... You know you need help. Gallo & Randolph can help you!

NOW, if there's a strike in 2011. Come 2012, Paul is a free agent. So you both can take less money and sign with NY!

dassknick

Benchwarmer
Step #1 is for Melo to stay patient and hold the line. I realize the 3 clowns in South beach made it difficult for you, for their antics all but assured that the owners will prep for a fight next Summer when the current CBA expires.

I know that makes signing this 3-year extension DEN is dangling enticing, for nobody wants to risk losing 30+ million, but you must call their bluff! Be patient and roll the dice.... Chances are come Feb. DEN will balk, get nervous, not wanting to risk losing you for nothing, and they'll swing a deal.

NOW, if you really want to improve your chances of winning and taking on the 3 clowns of South Beach, then just refuse a trade.... Let NYK keep their assets (Gallo, Douglas & Randolph) and simply sign the max (whatever that may be) come next July (and make up the rest of the money in offcourt deals).

BUT, if you can convince DEN you are walking, so much so that they definitely want to trade you in Feb., make it so they have to accept pennies on the dollar. Basically, here's Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry, plus a future 1st. Take it or leave it.

BECAUSE, if you want to go to war in 2011 (if there's a season)... You know you need help. Gallo & Randolph can help you!

NOW, if there's a strike in 2011. Come 2012, Paul is a free agent. So you both can take less money and sign with NY!

First thing - Amar'e is looking more and more like a really brilliant move, the "first domino" and w/o him we aren't having any of these conversations. Before anything happens with Melo/CP3, he will be here to establish a refreshing attitude in the form of thunderous dunks and accountability. I actually think those glasses add some swag.

Anyways, best case scenario is Melo coming next July and signing for the max. Like you said, we can keep all our more important pieces (Gallo, Randy) but it also allows us to make packages with the expendables. If his patience is confirmed then the FO can use them to make a full push to get CP3 during this upcoming season. Trade Chandler, Curry, Felton (also attractive because of the 2 yr deal), and a 1st?

Waiting til 2012 to sign Paul as a free agent is just waiting too long. In the meantime another team could offer a deal and he's lost. Plus, the 3 miami-egos might have 2 championships at that point.

If Donnie can put together the "The Warriors", (see it if you haven't -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/), then let the battles begin!!

mafra

Legend
First thing - Amar'e is looking more and more like a really brilliant move, the "first domino" and w/o him we aren't having any of these conversations. Before anything happens with Melo/CP3, he will be here to establish a refreshing attitude in the form of thunderous dunks and accountability. I actually think those glasses add some swag.

Anyways, best case scenario is Melo coming next July and signing for the max. Like you said, we can keep all our more important pieces (Gallo, Randy) but it also allows us to make packages with the expendables. If his patience is confirmed then the FO can use them to make a full push to get CP3 during this upcoming season. Trade Chandler, Curry, Felton (also attractive because of the 2 yr deal), and a 1st?

Waiting til 2012 to sign Paul as a free agent is just waiting too long. In the meantime another team could offer a deal and he's lost. Plus, the 3 miami-egos might have 2 championships at that point.

If Donnie can put together the "The Warriors", (see it if you haven't -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/), then let the battles begin!!

First of all, according to the NY POST, not only does Carmelo want to play in NY but his new bride (MTV Veejay) also wants to be in the NYC.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_knicks_will_have_pace_for_Jv1N89gUtC6ShaWjrtVp5M/1

Have to say I put odds at 75% we get Carmelo.

Word is Walsh wants to move Chandler. Get his 2011 contract off the books. Try to package him with Curry. Rasual Butler is an option to sign. We want a SG.

There's no way I want to jump the gun here and give away Gallo or Randolph for Carmelo. We wont be winning the title this year anyway. So the plan should remain in full rebuilding mode.

Play chicken with DEN. Come Feb. trade deadline see what's happening. With a weaker Western Conference (PHO & UTAH lost stars) DEN might be in it, so this may be mute. Doubt they deal Carmelo. BUT, if it's true they're afraid of getting nothing in return for him.... TRADE FOR HIM.

Otherwise, don't call the bluff. We can deal Curry and a 1st rounder AFTER next season. Heck, even CLE just agreed to a S-&-T with MIA, and Gilbert hates Lebron and MIA had no players.

Push comes to shove. Melo signs here in NY. We send them Chandler. They get something.

Carmelo-STAT the stars, with Gallo-Randolph complimenting them. Turiaf and the Russian doing the dirty work inside. Felton-Douglas conducting the orchestra. Walker or Azubuike helping out. This should be core of our 2011 team.

Paul would be great, but I just don't think we have the pieces for a trade. NOW, if we lock up Carmelo, then I would turn my attention to NO and see if we could package Gallo or Randolph for Paul. If I had 2 studs in place, I would then sacrifice one of the 2 for Paul.

BTW - MIA wont beat LAL. It would be so sweet to watch Riley lose to Jax, as Phil gets his 4th 3peat (term Riley coined). Watch Kobe tie MJ with 6 titles (at LJ's expense). Right now, MIA just doesn't have the front court to compete vs LAL.

Paul1355

All Star
"Chris Paul talking about teaming up with Melo to battle the trio down south. Talkin a lot of ****. I love it."

On a boat w/ Melo 4 his wedding 2morrow. He & Amare R having heavy conversations. Could it B nxt year 4 da #Knicks. Even bring CP3 on board.

http://twitter.com/realjaywilliams

CP3 Melo and Amare teaming up. It can only be on the Knicks since Amare is here, Donnie needs to get working on this.
i recently made a thread asking posters what big 3 combo would win it all, the celtics, lakers, heat, or knicks possibilty of Amare, Paul, Melo and most said the Knicks one and I agree.

Maybe Paul wouldnt be able to stop Wade but LBJ would have a hard time with Melo and Bosh won't stop Amare.

This would be an insane match up, rivalries to the max and big 3's battling supremecy.

This dream looks more realistic than the LBJ NY possibility was.

Make it happen donnie

smokes

Huge Member
Although I don't think Miami would beat the Lakers in a fair 7 game series, you know how bad refereeing is in the NBA. If Miami winning a title is going to be the biggest money spinner for the NBA expect to see them win it this year, and watch the Lakers get karma for 2002.

tiger0330

Legend
Jay Williams broke the news first about Melo and CP3 teaming with Stat, props to him and not the NY Post. Donnie said its in the plan, just not going to happen in one fell swoop or this year.

clumsy

Rotation player
Honestly i don't like all 3 of them on the same squad. I like Amare + Melo...but i don't think we need Paul. We are going to need roleplayers with defensive prowess + size, shooters, and a defensive minded PG. Too much cap to players who can't play D.

tiger0330

Legend
Honestly i don't like all 3 of them on the same squad. I like Amare + Melo...but i don't think we need Paul. We are going to need roleplayers with defensive prowess + size, shooters, and a defensive minded PG. Too much cap to players who can't play D.
Paul would make this a fun team to watch with Stat and Randolph finishing his alley oops. It would be NO Hornets with Tyson Chandler times 2. He would be better than Felton for the squad but like you say that cap space maybe a problem.

I want to see what Miami does in recruiting players, I know they say Mike Miller is close to signing and they are going to keep Haslem but lets see if they can really sign those guys. Dallas supposedly has a MLE deal offer out there for Haslem and I think a 48% 3 pt shooter that plays hard like Mike Miller should get more than a 25M 5 year deal.

The 3 Amigos is an experiment in a way, is bball a team game where you need 8-10 players to win or can u win with 3 superstars alone. It's all in for Riley because he has no draft choices for the forseeable future and can only build the team with exceptions.

metrocard

Legend
We don't need Melo, we have Randolph, and Gallinari.

As for Paul...that would be HUGE.

I'd trade Felton/Douglas/Walker/Chandler/Curry/all our first round picks for him.

Paul
Azubuike
Randolph
Gallinari
Amare

Bench
Turiaf
Rautins
Mozgav
Fields

I'd trade Felton/Douglas/Walker/Chandler/Curry/all our first round picks for him.

Paul
Azubuike
Randolph
Gallinari
Amare

Bench
Turiaf
Rautins
Mozgav
Fields

I agree Paul definitely fits the squad/scheme better and if I had to choose between the 2 then I would prefer him.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Am i the only one that wants to build from within? I'd rather us draft our own superstars and groom our own players and add complimentary pieces to them.

I'd rather keep Gallo, go to war with him and amare for now, let him keep improving and hopefully we can find a 3rd to play along side them in the draft. Just seems like winning that way would be more satisfying as well.

Paul1355

All Star

Paul
Azubuike
Randolph
Gallinari
Amare

Bench
Turiaf
Rautins
Mozgav
Fields
sorry but id take Melo, Amare, Paul over Amare, Paul, Gallo, Randolph

metrocard

Legend
Why trade away two elite prospects? Randolph could end up better than Carmelo for all we know. He's a legit 20 and 10 prospect who can give you 2-3 blocks a game, can handle and pass the ball too...plus Gallinari? I rather have two than one.

Blumatic

Rotation player
CP3 Melo STAT. Cant pass that up. And we can get all of them without giving up Gallo and Randy.

As far as building within, look what happen to the Cavs, Grizzlies, Raptors, almost the Lakers in 2007, Orlando in 96.

Building within takes time. Sometimes the stars align and you can have a big catch.

Everyone loves the Ewing formula. It wonderful. But never got us a championship. And with Miami doing what it did, NBA players are thinking very differently now.

Durant wont win for a while now. Melo and CP3 not winning this year. We not winning this year.

Times have changed. No loyalty on both sides, so we gotta play the game.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Why trade away two elite prospects? Randolph could end up better than Carmelo for all we know. He's a legit 20 and 10 prospect who can give you 2-3 blocks a game, can handle and pass the ball too...plus Gallinari? I rather have two than one.

Let's not get carried away. Melo was easily better than Randolph is at 20, and Melo is arguably a top 5 player. He is a NIGHTMARE to guard. I agree that Randolph as a lot of potential and is already showing major ability, but Randolph's skill/talent level is nowhere near Melo's skill/talent level. That said, I don't think it is a matter of having Melo or Randolph when you can possibly have both and potentially CP3 as well in 2012. I just don't see New Orleans trading CP3, so we'll have to wait it out.

We may have to part ways with Gallo. I don't think they'll be space for all three though.