Here we go again

WrongIslander

Rotation player
News circulating now that Melo and CP3 are in talks with Amar'e to "share" their own spotlight in MSG.

Once bitten twice shy for me. I would usually say this is never going to happen, but then I said that about Miami so ....

Hypothetically which 3 would you rather have?

Miami's trio or New York's supposed possible trio.

Where would it rank on the scale of great rivalries?

How much of Miami's export has LeBron been on to suggest he, Wade and Bosh are arguably the best 3 to ever play on the same team?

Just a few questions I'm pondering over.

Suss

Rookie
Our trio would be nearly as good as their trio. Two years from now, when we would be able to acquire Paul, Gallanari and Randolph will hopefully have developed into excellent NBA players. Then we would have a "big 5" instead of a just a big 3 like Miami.

mafra

Legend
Our trio would be nearly as good as their trio. Two years from now, when we would be able to acquire Paul, Gallanari and Randolph will hopefully have developed into excellent NBA players. Then we would have a "big 5" instead of a just a big 3 like Miami.

Our trio would be better. Heck, LJ-BOSH-WADE barely beat Spain in the Olympics. They needed Kobe to go off. Ours would be better b/c we would have the stronger front court. LJ-WADE just aren't good enough shooters to offset that fact (like Kobe & MJ could).

Plus, we would have the better supporting cast (Gallo and/or Randolph).

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Honestly? In two years I have no idea.

Right now if you got those six players on their respective teams? The Heat still need to fill in 5-6 more slots to get a 12-man lineup right? NY needs less.

But if you're think in a game of three on three? Bosh-James-Wade is probably going to beat STAT-Melo-CP3. I think the latter trio just isn't aggressive enough.

Just remember that three does not a team make.

JCStone57

Rookie
I would say the Knicks' big 3 would be better. CP3 would run the offense which Miami doesn't have a legit PG.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Ours would be better.

CP3 running the offense and acting as the primary distributor would make our team much better.

CP3 would ensure that Amar'e got amazing looks off the pick and roll and he'd also turn Carmelo into a BEAST

mafra

Legend
Ours would be better.

CP3 running the offense and acting as the primary distributor would make our team much better.

CP3 would ensure that Amar'e got amazing looks off the pick and roll and he'd also turn Carmelo into a BEAST

Exactly. PLus we have a better complimentary supporting cast.

Paul-Stat run the pick-n-roll-or-pop, with Melo on the wing or roaming baseline ready for a kickout (shoot-bang or commence the bullrush).

I think the key will be our front court vs theirs. If we have Turiaf, Randolph, Jordan & Mozgov.... They'll need more than Pittman, the BIg-Z and J-Howard.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony on the knicks has always been a dream of mine so I'm biased. Chris Paul is an Elite PG. Stoudemire is just as strong as anyone finishing at the rim and with Mike D'antoni's pick and roll system.

I'm cool with that. Extremely cool with that. That would be a dream come true for most Knicks fans I would hope.

Anytime you could get Lebron, D Wade, and C bosh on a team thats hard for anybody to pass up. But It would be just a lot of fun to see them go back and fourth.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I might sound crazy but any real basketball purist knows that Carmello Anthony is a more skilled offensive player then Lebron James his. He has more moves then Lebron, is slicker with headfakes...hes a complete offensive player. Hes like Paul Pierce 2.0 (and i do think pierce has more moves then lebron too).

All lebron does is either bully his way to the basket or jack up a shot. Hes a streaker shooter, Melo is a more consistent shooter.

Im not sayin Melo is better all around but again hes a better shooter and has more moves. Lebron is predictable.

and since CP3 is a real point guard (no disrespect to wade), and since Amare plays more like a power forward then Bosh, I would say our potential big 3 is better.