Walsh: Knicks will have $pace for Carmelo, Paul

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
Everybody Loves Raymond in the Knicks’ front office.
The clutch signing of point guard Raymond Felton to a two-year deal puts the Knicks in position to earn an eighth seed in the playoffs and a possible first-round matchup with LeBron James’ Miami Dream Team.
But Felton’s short-term contract also has allowed the Knicks to develop a new master plan and dream bigger.
The Knicks now can chase superstars who actually want to play in New York: Carmelo Anthony in 2011 and point guards Chris Paul or Deron Williams in 2012.
As reported exclusively in yesterday’s Post, the Knicks’ insistence on no more than two guaranteed years for Felton at $15.8 million has given them the cap-space flexibility to offer one maximum contract for 2011 and another one for 2012, Knicks president Donnie Walsh told The Post yesterday.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...pace_for_Jv1N89gUtC6ShaWjrtVp5M#ixzz0tPa3ReU5

imagine paul,melo,gallo,randolph and stat as the knicks starting line! the heat would be our bitches

Last edited by a moderator:

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
The clutch signing of point guard Raymond Felton to a two-year deal puts the Knicks in position to earn an eighth seed in the playoffs and a possible first-round matchup with LeBron James’ Miami Dream Team.
But Felton’s short-term contract also has allowed the Knicks to develop a new master plan and dream bigger.
The Knicks now can chase superstars who actually want to play in New York: Carmelo Anthony in 2011 and point guards Chris Paul or Deron Williams in 2012.
As reported exclusively in yesterday’s Post, the Knicks’ insistence on no more than two guaranteed years for Felton at $15.8 million has given them the cap-space flexibility to offer one maximum contract for 2011 and another one for 2012, Knicks president Donnie Walsh told The Post yesterday.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...pace_for_Jv1N89gUtC6ShaWjrtVp5M#ixzz0tPa3ReU5

imagine paul,melo,gallo,randolph and stat as the knicks starting line! the heat would be our bitches

I wish people would stop with the STAT as the center; it would be:

Paul
Melo
Randolph
STAT
C

Gallo would likely go in a S&T plus now that he says he wants to go back to Italy; I don't want him here.

metrocard

Legend
I wish people would stop with the STAT as the center; it would be:

Paul
Melo
Randolph
STAT
C

Gallo would likely go in a S&T plus now that he says he wants to go back to Italy; I don't want him here.

You're BUGGING.

Randolph is 210

I hate when people put him at CENTER.

Randolph can play the 3/4 like how Marion did it with the Suns.

Why not use a potential mismatch to our advantage? Randolph would have the size advantage at SF being 6"11 and 210.

Amare is a beefy 249lbs and 6"10, plus he scores in the paint/close range, he's better off at center.

Gallinari is best at the 4 because we can run the same style Orlando runs with the 4 out and 1 in. Gallinari can play the point forward and use his passing and shooting ability that we NEED. Gallinari is one of the best shooters in the NBA...I don't understand how you can't want the guy...he's only 21. Whats wrong with you?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
You're BUGGING.

Randolph is 210

I hate when people put him at CENTER.

Randolph can play the 3/4 like how Marion did it with the Suns.

Why not use a potential mismatch to our advantage? Randolph would have the size advantage at SF being 6"11 and 210.

Amare is a beefy 249lbs and 6"10, plus he scores in the paint/close range, he's better off at center.

Gallinari is best at the 4 because we can run the same style Orlando runs with the 4 out and 1 in. Gallinari can play the point forward and use his passing and shooting ability that we NEED. Gallinari is one of the best shooters in the NBA...I don't understand how you can't want the guy...he's only 21. Whats wrong with you?

I agree with everything you wrote except for putting Gallo at the 4 longterm. You're right, in theory we could run 4 out and 1 in just like Orlando. However, a key reason this works for Orlando is because their center, Dwight Howard, is one of the truly elite rebounders and shot-blockers in the league. The problem with playing STAT at center and then playing everyone esle outside is that STAT simply isn't nearly a dominant enough rebounder or defensive player to be the lone Center-cog in our machine. If stat were a few inches taller and the dominant rebounder/defensive player that Dwight is, we could play like Orlando and be fine. But he just isn't Dwight Howard. He isn't going to protect the paint the way Dwight does and he isn't going to generate his own offense off of putbacks like Dwight. He needs someone to get him the ball to be effective on offense. Thus, If we are going to play Stat at center, we still need to run pick and rolls for him. If we are going to do that, we want a better rebounder at the 4 than Gallo to clean up pick and roll misses. My current starting lineup would be:

1 - Felton
2 - Chandler (I don't buy that he can't play the 2)
3 - Gallo
4 - Randolph
5 - STAT

Paul1355

All Star

If we get Melo in a trade, Randolph or Gallo is likely to go so I kind of hope he just signs in free agency so we have Amare, Melo, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, Felton...very good young team,,, super athletic...and with possibility of Chris Paul in 2012...better than the Heats fag team

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Randolph is 210... I hate when people put him at CENTER.

Amar'e may be better than Randolph inside the block, but he's still not a total beast under the basket.

You may be onto something when you think the Knicks might need to shift more on defense with STAT, Randolph and the Cock.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we get Melo in a trade, Randolph or Gallo is likely to go so I kind of hope he just signs in free agency so we have Amare, Melo, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, Felton...very good young team,,, super athletic...and with possibility of Chris Paul in 2012...better than the Heats fag team

I read that the Nuggets would prefer to trade him prior to free agency. Better for them obviously. They may take the trade exception as a consolation which would be best for us.

Anyway, after 2 years of hanging off "inside sources", I'm looking much more forward to seeing the development of our young team. Let this shit rest until it's time.

p0nder

Starter
I read that the Nuggets would prefer to trade him prior to free agency. Better for them obviously. They may take the trade exception as a consolation which would be best for us.

Anyway, after 2 years of hanging off "inside sources", I'm looking much more forward to seeing the development of our young team. Let this shit rest until it's time.

Yes finally we have a team worth watching and cheering for. No more DuHound, no more Ninja turtle chucking up three's, no more waiting on the off season, no more excuses. This team needs to perform now and in the future.

This year I think we are set for a #6 slot in the east and who knows, if things click and gel really well and D'ant got his guys for running the offense we could move on past the first round for the first time since '99....

:gony:

That being said, we have put ourselves in great position for the next couple of years. I would love to see Melo in a knicks jersey. He'd be the home town hero. I thought he was worthy of the #1 pick back when they were drafted. Melo plays with a chip on his shoulder and a lot of intensity. He's very competitive and would LOVE the opportunity to show up LeBum.

If we could get chris paul, well holy shit. We'd be unstoppable.

CP3
Melo
Gallo
Randolph
Stat

STAT can play C he's done it before. And even if he isn't a great inside presence we can get some good weakside help defenders, employee defensive strats that use team defense to get those key stops. In the meantime we'll be busy scoring 140 points a night, so I'm really not that concerned.

mafra

Legend
Now the NY POST is reporting that Chris Paul, during his toast at MELO's wedding, said something about a new drea-team trio (Melo, Amar'e & CP3).

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ

It was a wedding toast heard from Broadway to Bourbon Street.
During Carmelo Anthony's wedding Saturday night at Cipriani's on 42nd Street, Chris Paul, the superstar New Orleans point guard, predicted a future Knicks Dream Team.
Take that, LeCon.
According to a person who spoke with wedding attendee Amar'e Stoudemire, Paul made the reference during a speech of a potential union of himself, Stoudemire and Anthony, saying, "We'll form our own Big 3," Paul allegedly said.
Attendee Spike Lee nearly passed out at the suggestion.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Amazing trio (plus gallo and randolph) but when it could happen ?
(Melo has a very "knicks face" :))

mafra

Legend
Amazing trio (plus gallo and randolph) but when it could happen ?
(Melo has a very "knicks face" :))

Most likely scenario, Anthony comes to NY this Feb (or as a free agent next Summer). The moment we have STAT-ANTHONY on the roster, we are gave for Deron Williams, Chris Paul.

One thing though.... Who knows what PArker is willing to do, if it is true that he and Longoria want to be in NYC. Would he accept less money to play here)? Again, if NY has those 2 big names anything is possible.

I think if we signed MELO, we would then turn our attnetion to a trade with NO or UTAH. Those 2 could say make it known that they plan on signing with NY when they are free agents, thus making other teams hesitant to trade players.

I see a Randolph or Gallo, Douglas, Chandler deal for Paul.

Paul
?
Melo
Amar'e
Turiaf

We would still have Randolph or Gallo, probablt Azubuike or Walker, plus Rautins, Fields, Mozgov & Jordan.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Gallo and Melo plays in similar role but I don't believe in a Gallo "sacrifice" for Melo. NY has invested a lot for Gallo, he is the most prospective player they have. Last year was de facto him first season in NBA and he was incredible.

mafra

Legend
Gallo and Melo plays in similar role but I don't believe in a Gallo "sacrifice" for Melo. NY has invested a lot for Gallo, he is the most prospective player they have. Last year was de facto him first season in NBA and he was incredible.

I think NY kind of has to pull out all the stops to get Carmelo. Let's be honest. D'ant knows this. So does Walsh. This is their only shot to chase MIA.

Now this is also a cathc-22. Why?

Well, we all know the easiest way to get MELO in NY is to simply play out 2010 and then sign him as a free agent. We have room to squeeze in a max contract next July. This way we get MELO and keep our most attractive assets, so we can turn around and trade for Paul. Sure, we could wait another year and still sign Paul the following Summer... But having the chance to expedite that move might be best for everyone.

I understand that MELO is risking a ton of money if he goes this route. This is why he has to call DEN's bluff, and if he doesn't relent NYK might be able to send Curry-Chandler to DEN for MELO in Feb. Better to get something instead of nothing.

HOWEVER, if push comes to shove, and Melo doesn't want to wait until next July, and if DEN demands Randolph or Gallo.... what to do?

I think you have to pull the trigger. Maybe this is why we traded for Randolph. Thinking we might have to deal a Gallo?

mafra

Legend
In that case I have to change forum ! :teeth:

Hear that. I wouldn't want to give up on Gallo, and watch him grow somewhere else.

This is why I would build our future around the next big-3 (State, Melo, Paul) along with Gallo-Randolph-Douglas-Mozgov-Fields-Rautins. This squad might be unbeatable.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Hear that. I wouldn't want to give up on Gallo, and watch him grow somewhere else.

This is why I would build our future around the next big-3 (State, Melo, Paul) along with Gallo-Randolph-Douglas-Mozgov-Fields-Rautins. This squad might be unbeatable.

Yes, with that team NY can play for the title.

Is this emoticon Josh Childress ? :afro:
:D:D