Trading Wilson Chandler.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks will explore the possibility of trading forward Wilson Chandler, according to a source familiar with the team's thinking.

New York could package Chandler with center Eddy Curry's expiring contract in order to acquire a outside-shooting big man.

Chandler has a contract the Knicks likely will move to be enough under the 2011 salary cap for a maximum contract.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ks_to_explore_trading_chandler/#ixzz0tSqHArIw

Outside shooting big? What names come to mind here?

Do we need one? I guess we do, but we have Gallo and the 4-5 spots are loaded (finally). And please, if we could refrain from saying that Gallo play the 4. I don't think his back needs to be getting crunched underneath considering how many minutes he'll be getting this year.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
First one who comes to my mind: Troy Murphy
Strong Rebounder, able to shoot the 3pt., expiring contract, BUT: lousy defender...

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not really sure why we would want to add more big guys.

Amare/Randolph/Turiaf/Mozgov/Jordan... We're pretty stacked. Plus Gallo like Crazy said.

If we could get a decent scoring SG it would fill a much bigger need imo.

Plus if Troy murphy is a FA it's not likely we'll get him in a trade. Can't think of anyone that really fits the bill for outside scoring bigman... Especially if we're trying to package Curry. I'm sure some other people will come with some ideas though.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
First one who comes to my mind: Troy Murphy
Strong Rebounder, able to shoot the 3pt., expiring contract, BUT: lousy defender...

The Pacers already have Granger and Dunleavy at the 3. Trading Chandler wouldn't happen with them.

If anything, the Knicks will be looking to save salary for this year by making this trade. Otherwise losing Chandler for a saving of less than $2M is bordering on pointless.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I know, I'm boring and sorry for that but forget Gallo number 4 at least for the next 2-3 years.

mafra

Legend

Amare/Randolph/Turiaf/Mozgov/Jordan... We're pretty stacked. Plus Gallo like Crazy said.

Plus if Troy murphy is a FA it's not likely we'll get him in a trade. Can't think of anyone that really fits the bill for outside scoring bigman... Especially if we're trying to package Curry. I'm sure some other people will come with some ideas though.

I think this is the way you attack MIA.... Throw a ton of bigs at them. Stretch them out and expose them in the middle. Troy Murphy would be perfect here.

First of all, Mozgov is good for some fouls and toughness this year, but not much else. Still a work in progress. Might even be more of a trade asset come Feb. Jordan barely could impose himself in a Summer League game. Curry could make us a top team in the East but chances are he forgets to bring his shoes and never gets out of D'ant's dog house.

RIGHT NOW, we have Amar'e, Randolph & Turiaf whom we can count on.

Murphy would be insurance-depth and would help compliment either of those 3 aforementioned PF/C guys.

NOt to mention, he would be another chip we could use come trade deadline. Of course, this means we would have to swing a deal before the season begins.

I guess you have to come to grips with what a team would want more.... A team like DEN.

I think Knicks would love to snag Carmelo and Parker, Williams or Paul. I'm sure we don't want to sit around and wait for 2 years to sign them.

We have STAT. I'm sure we wish to keep Gallo or Randolph (although I assume we want to retain both). Other than that, Walsh will do whatever possible to have Carmelo & Parker/Paul/Williams by Feb.

Probably will be impossible. Not getting my hopes up. Will do just about anything but wont go crazy if I were GM. We know we could sign one max (Anthony) in 2011 and then again another (Paul, Williams) in 2012. SO we can make it happen if they want.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Do not put too much stock into this Wilson Chandler trade rumor. I really don't think he is going anywhere. Unless it's a trade for Parker or Melo, don't expect Chandler to go anywhere. Mike D'Antoni is very high Chandler.

Let me also point out that the Knicks have already picked up their shooting big man from Russia who they will be paying 3 million a year.

Big C

Benchwarmer

Turiaf might not be ready to play when the season starts. He is trying to recover from surgery. Jordan is really a project. I don't see him getting minutes next season.

mafra

Legend
Do not put too much stock into this Wilson Chandler trade rumor. I really don't think he is going anywhere. Unless it's a trade for Parker or Melo, don't expect Chandler to go anywhere. Mike D'Antoni is very high Chandler.

Let me also point out that the Knicks have already picked up their shooting big man from Russia who they will be paying 3 million a year.

Hear that. But now especially since we have Turiaf on the books next year.... They have to trade Wilson Chandler so they can sign another max contract next Summer.

I do agree they wont give Wilson away. But, b/c he's good also means he's an asset. Like you said, they'll only move him to get something of value:

1- Paul, Deron Williams, Parker or Melo.
2- Or a player with an expired contract (Prince, Murphy)

They will move Curry only if they get back another expiring contract.

The issue with Chandler is this: where does he play?

I think it's best to start him at the 4 and Amar'e the 5. This is like the old PHO days with Marion-Stat.

But, this hurts us in the paint, on defense and on the glass.

They don't see Chandler as a SG.

NOW, Wilson can pull a LEE and come in this year and really improve his game. That would be nice. But with his inconsistent play, and the fact he's a risk off the court perhaps and the injury history... Well, it all adds up to Wilson being the odd man out.

p0nder

Starter
Chandler isn't going anywhere this year unless denver want him for Melo.

Chandler is a young talent that D'ant is very fond of. We all know the levels of crazy that D'ant is for his "pet players" like Duhon was. In this case it's not a poor choice. He can take it to the rim whenever he wants. Hopefully a revived and relevant team will light the fuse for him and we'll see him play with more intensity, which has been the knock on him for the last 2 seasons.

I'll be surprised if we trade him for anything less then melo.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
shit the player i will love to trade him for is prince agresive got a nice shot and could hit the 3 and could play good defense and he got a ring so that make is better to have a guy with a ring in our squad

KingCharles34

All Star
It would be stupid to trade him right now, especially for something that we dont need. Let the team play a until January before doing anything, at this point the best thing to do is wait for the season to begin and begin evaluating

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We can't trade Curry if we want a chance to sign free agents next year. I think the plan will be to let Curry's and Azibuke's contracts expire and go after Melo (if he doesn't sign his extension).

I would much rather see Chandler traded for a good SG. Azibuke is decent and will do, but I would prefer him coming off the bench.

What happened to the Rudy Fernandez for Chandler trade? I would still like to see that happen.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I see no point in getting rid of channy or curry; unless we can get a superstar i want to see both of them perform

After 3 years of bullshit from Curry; we will see him come through this year...we have been a broken franchise; With Curry Randolph and Mozgov at the 5 spot we are set...i would love to see them split the minutes down the middle to start off; then let the biggest hardest working man take the starter spot

Chandler is a starter in this league and we only need him to be a 8 ppg 6th man...he can take the 2; gallo is a pure 3 spot; very content he will not be our 4 next year

2 spot is going to be a comp; and we got 3 guys that want it
chandler is the best atm
azzy is the best shooter
skywalker is the hardest worker

the two spots gonna be fun; i want the roster to stay as it is...i think we are set as long as we can get chemistry

Best addition this off season is the PG spot, Felton is exactly who we need; selfless smart and a desire to be a knick

I love the Amare pick up aswell; hes an upgrade over david lee; makes us more feared...I do like lee a lot tho

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We can't trade Curry if we want a chance to sign free agents next year. I think the plan will be to let Curry's and Azibuke's contracts expire and go after Melo (if he doesn't sign his extension).

I would much rather see Chandler traded for a good SG. Azibuke is decent and will do, but I would prefer him coming off the bench.

What happened to the Rudy Fernandez for Chandler trade? I would still like to see that happen.

Portland knocked back every attempt by every interested team. Prefer to let him rot than have a chance at showing what he can do.

"C" is for c#nts

I actually like Chandler, he has more potential than Gallo. I'll trade the streaky Gallo first because he's only one demensional and he's hardly even that. Wilson can provide offense and defense and he's a young prospect, but like I said before...I already know what it is...

I know its part of the Knicks Brass statergy to package off their young talent so I'm use to it by now. I'm just wondering what they think they can get back in return.